• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae

theheroatl

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Stop putting this fantasy out there.  It wasn't a player that leaked this.  HawksfanTV has contacts with people in the front office and he was tweeting about it days before Shams.

HawksfanTV wants John traded so I'm pretty sure John wasn't the source.

It's not a fantasy lmao I'm simply stating my opinion that it wouldn't be surprising to me if that was the case. 

It really doesn't matter what the source was and frankly, the flare up doesn't matter either.  It was already clear as day Trae has no respect for Nate and it was clear as day our offense is one dimensional and needs work.  Also clear that Trae's leadership isn't great.  Nothing is really different than yesterday other than Trae not showing up to support his team.  And please don't tell me it's because Nate told him not to -- he doesn't respect Nate's authority on anything else so why would he start respecting him for that one particular moment, especially given the implications.  

Like @RedDawg#8 said, the only concerning thing to me was the lack of support for his teammates.  You can show up injured, as Zach Klein pointedly noted, and be a good supportive leader -- or you can stay at home and sulk.  I suppose if his teammates are understanding then it doesn't matter, but a lot of guys might have issue with his behavior, silently, which could have a long term impact on the locker room.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

Would you have preferred for him to spill details? Throw someone under the bus?

He handled it like, dare I say, a leader?

I would prefer that Trae explain himself while there is still a chance he can stop his rep from taking a hit on this.   So far he has only dug the hole deeper.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Sothron said:

As I had to assure my own source, this did not get leaked from this guy on the outside. Lots of Hawks eyes on the Squawk this past weekend. I did not leak a private conversation. Never have, never will.  Trae is not the only one furious this got out to the media. 

Hey Hawks eyes, if you're reading this maybe you should focus on fixing the obvious problems with the team rather than focusing your anger on the story getting leaked.

sounds like the idiots in GSW who seemed to only care that the video got leaked rather than caring about Green's superman punch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

None of you all know a bigger proponent of Steph Curry than me.  This is what I posted the very first time I saw him play:

2117350A-8E46-4B33-8315-5B6383031542.thumb.jpeg.725fa76531b02c167e477bdc5ace0ab4.jpeg

Almost 13 years later show me one lie.  The experts had him pegged as a Kevin Martin clone smh.

As someone who has watched Trae play about 280 times I simply can’t fathom any comparison or contrast of the two if you understand the nuances of high-usage team leadership.  The gulf will continue to widen as most NBA players have a considerable increase in strength after 4-6 years as a pro.  Trae will continue to be the weakest player in the league until he retires.

Weakest on defense.

Toughest on offense.

And easily the mentally toughest on the court.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

JC shouldn't be traded but he has to be because of that contract.

Trading JC for a worse player isn't going to help anything. Being reliant on Trae and Murray to carry the offense isn't a recipe for success. We can win with the roster we have, but we have to make use of everyone's talent.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

JC is the guy that could leak this and it would make sense.  He hasn't had issue talking to the media in the past or raising issues he has with the team.  I know people love to dismiss Kirschner and any friction between Trae and JC, but I'll repeat it again that it's obvious to me they don't like each other, and that is probably the reason JC is on the trade block perennially.  It wouldn't surprise me if he leaked something if his perspective is Trae was being a baby and not respecting Nate or Nate's authority.  JC is a military guy and probably the most culturally congruent with Nate's leadership style.

Hmmm?  Sounds interesting. Somebody had to spill the beans and you know JC has a relationship with Shams. 

4 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

Hmmm?  Sounds interesting. Somebody had to spill the beans and you JC has a relationship with Shams. 

@JeffS17 see how your opinion carries weight. 

@MarylandHawk it wasn't John.  This was in Hawks twitter well before Shams reported it.  The guy who initially broke it has a contact in the Hawks front office.  Doesn't have a relationship with John.  

• Premium Member
58 minutes ago, Wretch said:

Man... I gotta start treating the Squawk like a TV show?  I damn near missed a whole episode! LOL Wow...

Key takeaways for me...

Who put it out there?
Seems more likely that someone tossed a few doubloons at a shady barkeep who in turn said, "Now, ye dinnae come by it from ol' Jeerdan Crowfoot 'ere, but I hear'd..." 

Could be a teammate with an agenda, but to me only a guy who is rooted here would have something to gain from it.  Anyone else would understand that it may not matter to them by the trade deadline or the summer.  None of the players who fit that description seem to be the type to do it. 

It ain't Nate...else he's just cutting his own head off. 

Is it serious?
Yes.

Elaborate!
It's not serious for the team.  All them dudes are good.  Think back to AJ's interview weeks ago.  He loves the team and loves how closely knit they are.  There's an obvious rift between Trae and Nate, but neither has to take this route to draw attention to it.  All Trae has to do is have a discreet conversation with ownership/front office.

Your star player should be sitting on the bench if he's injured - that's just on Nate.  I've seen too much support and positivity over the summer and up to now to lead me to believe there is any kind of player issue in the locker room - especially with how visibly and vocally DJM and Trae support each other.

So, I think serious from our perspective and, as I have been saying since the preseason, serious for Nate.  You can tell a lot just by reading between the lines.  It's what people DON'T say that often says way more.  I'm not an advocate of social media, I think it's mostly trash, but you can learn a lot on Twitter/Instagram watching how these guys move and their close connections.

I will say this last thing about Trae...  He's a knucklehead and if he wasn't a Hawk, he'd be one of those guys that gets under my skin.  He's not a KG type of villain though out here looking for trouble.  Trae is more like Reggie Miller in that he has a giant chip on his shoulder and won't back down. 

More importantly, if you follow him and his dad on social media, you will see the character he's been raised with.  His father has clearly put some values in him.  As a father of four myself, three of them being Trae's age, I have a tremendous amount of respect for the work his dad has poured into him and the fact that he allows Trae to be his own man.

What I see Trae is trying to be professional and respect the code.  I appreciate both Zach asking questions and Trae doubling down.  To me, this is a statement from Trae that he puts the team first.  Also, there is enough out in the open that we can draw some pretty solid conclusions.  He knows that and he knows that everyone else knows that.

Good analysis. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, Wretch said:

Whatever the case, Trae unlocks others, but IMO he needs someone that can unlock HIM. 

This, This, This^^^^.

I've said before - growth isn't ALWAYS linear, sometimes there will be peaks and valleys along the way.  It's how he navigates them to keep getting better for himself and his for his team.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

@JeffS17 see how your opinion carries weight. 

It's just an opinion -- this is a message board.  There should not be censorship of opinion or speculation or any thought provoking discussion, even if you disagree with the content.  I'm not claiming to have insider knowledge or anything like that, just sharing my observations.  I encourage other people to do the same because it's helpful to get a diversity of opinion.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

So what does "I am done" really mean to you?  LOL.

Trae doesn't have to be Steph to be great.   I don't like the comparison either.  Honestly i think Steph might be the most underrated star in quite a while.   

Tangents Tangents everywhere - enderman everywhere - quickmeme

4 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

It's just an opinion -- this is a message board.  There should not be censorship of opinion or speculation or any thought provoking discussion, even if you disagree with the content.  I'm not claiming to have insider knowledge or anything like that, just sharing my observations.  I encourage other people to do the same because it's helpful to get a diversity of opinion.

Who said anything about censoring you?

When it comes to people and relationships I have no knowledge of it's my rule to just shut up about it.  That's fine because that's my personal rule. You don't follow that rule.  I didn't say don't post this.  I just showed you your opinion has weight. 

• Moderators

First, the 'leak' is always someone in the org.  Warriors obviously leaked the Draymond thing themselves.   

It's also possible that the miscommunication is real.   Nate saying come off the bench or stay home makes no sense at all.   Why would 'sit on the bench in street clothes' not be an option like every other game ever.  

• Like 1