• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae

theheroatl

• Moderators
9 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

That’s not true. 

I’d rather Trae show up and sit on the bench and put the attention back on Nate for not starting/playing him if he felt he was healthy and good to go. That’s an easy sell to both the media and front office.

”Coach was heated, we had some words, but at the end of the day I will always put the letters across my chest first and be there for my teammates. If that’s an issue for coach, I will let him speak on it himself. But this organization, our team, the opportunity to be in this league, it means everything to me. I will always be ready if I feel like there is something I can do to help us win. On the court or off. Nothing will ever stop me from being there for my brothers. I have nothing but respect for the game and for men in this locker room.”

You say this, now Nate is the lone jackass on the island.

PR 101.
You control the narrative when you are present. You lose control to speculation when you’re not. Always get ahead of speculation, find a microphone, make a statement (this day in age, post a tweet). Force the other person’s hand.

Coach made the first statement. Now it’s a thing. Now Trae has to explain himself instead of the other way around. 

Trae does have more power than Nate.  He should have used it better.

You are more optimistic about how this would play out.  I don't disagree with you that the best PR move for Trae would be to show up and cheer for his team forcing Nate to either grit his teeth and let Trae "win" by allowing him to be present without punishing him or forcing Nate to follow through and throw out his star player to be consistent with what he told him before.  But you really don't think people who dislike Trae and get super excited anytime an opportunity to criticize him arises would see that as a power play move vs Nate by a selfish player who wanted to show he could defy the coach by showing up when he was expressly told to stay home?  You are less cynical than me on that.

Regardless of whether that would have pissed Nate off by defying his order or endeared Trae to Nate by showing he put the team first, the two of them need to bury the hatchet and work together as best they can.  I still remain concerned about the offensive design that Nate employs as I was before this incident arose and to the extent that Trae wants to see more ball movement, etc. and Nate doesn't (as relayed by Sothron) then I'm not sure how that can be bridged.  But Trae can at least dig in on defense and try to "agree to disagree" while doing his best to execute the scheme that Nate puts out there.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

We talking about practice.

The LACK of practice is why Iverson never got one of these:

stephen-curry-golden-state-warriors-unsi

Every drill is a game. Every drill is competitive. And everything we do is against time and score,” Payne told NBA.com. “There’s always a time to beat. There’s always a number to beat. If you beat the number and you don’t beat the time, you still lose.”

https://www.nba.com/news/how-stephen-curry-maintains-peak-conditioning

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, AHF said:

No amount of practice would have turned Allen Iverson into Steph Curry.  That is like saying the reason Clyde Drexler didn't win as many rings as Jordan is because he didn't work as hard.  It may be perfectly true that he didn't work as hard but no amount of work closes the gap between their talent.  AI was a volume scorer with a career .518% TS%.  Curry is the opposite.  He can volume score but he does it with epic efficiency with his .626% TS%.  

AI could never be the player that Curry is.

Can Trae?

Edited by Hawkmoor