Trae

theheroatl

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Haha.  Nathan looked up like, "He's where?  Oh shish."

Stop laughing, it's not funny burd. 

No - it really is, now that I'm re-thinking this. :laugh1:.  The color probably drained from his face when he realized Trae would be live tweeting about the game from home.

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I figured it out folks.  

Nate:  "You going to be able to go tonight"

Trae:  "No i think i'll be sitting next to you in street clothes"

CautiousGenuineGander-max-1mb.gif 

Nate thinks about how this has gone in the past

Reveal hidden contents

Nate: "You know what Trae why don't you just go home tonight"

200.gif

lol.gif&ehk=z1TDRsq8m03iHhiQXAJtCpRlO8A7

• Thanks 1

There are no short cuts to a championship.  EVERYBODY has to be treated the same and everybody on board with no divas.  San Antonio did it that way.  Golden State did it that way.  Travis has done a very good job putting this roster together and the last thing these players need is a diva or one perceived as a diva.  Coaches who garner RESPECT from their players treat every player the same.  Like somebody said earlier, the Hawks if push comes to shove, might be on their THIRD head coach in Trae's short NBA career before this is over.  What coach wants to put up with that crap.  I know a coach that is just as arrogant as Trae and would've nipped this in the bud:

THE JOKER:

1181524298.jpg.jpg

• Haha 2

Well, I love Trae, he is a star, a fantastic player but I think Hawks would have a similar record without him, we were able to beat the Nuggets without him and  Collins and Hunter. 
I can see a similar record with a team

1st unit: DJM/Griffin/Hunter/Collins/Capela

2nd. Unit: AH/Bogi/Culver/ JJ/ OO

Without any compensation for Trae.

That first unit is really balanced and capable, no weak link and that second unit only needs a SF that can defend and shoot, easy to find on a trade for Trae. 

Time to open the umbrella before the heavy rain.. but sorry is what I think

Edited by gurpilo

1 hour ago, nathan2331 said:

Trading JC for a worse player isn't going to help anything. Being reliant on Trae and Murray to carry the offense isn't a recipe for success. We can win with the roster we have, but we have to make use of everyone's talent.

I haven't heard of JC getting traded for lesser value. I just know he's on the block and been on the block

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm good with this and I'm moving on.

Game tonight.

GO HAWKS!

9 minutes ago, sturt said:

Think I, for one, am okay with Trae's summary.

Yeah, it might be a good thing that there's a little friction early on, because this team hasn't been that good tbh. They need to have tough conversations as a group. And where needed, there has to be an attitude adjustments.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Maybe this was already posted.  

Nate has a policy where he rather players skip getting treatment and go to shoot around if even they are injured?

I'm guessing Nate took issue with getting treatment DURING the shootaround opposed to before or after the shootaround.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, AHF said:

I have to say there are few posts I disagree with more than this one purely as a matter of historical fact.  

Take Golden State.  Everyone is treated with the same kid gloves they've applied to Draymond Green?  They all get the free passes he has gotten.  Nope.

Take the Chicago Bulls.  Everyone got treated the exact same way as Michael Jordan, right?  They all could fight with teammates the way he did and berate each other just the way he did.  Ha.  Everyone got the same leniency as Dennis Rodman?  So they all got to add their buddy to the roster just as a baby sitter for him?  LOL.  No.  (That was Jack Haley for those who remember him.  

You could go on and on.  There is no sport where everyone gets treated the same.  Brett Favre never got treated the way the backup offensive guard got treated.  Divas are fully tolerated as long as they don't get too out there and their talent makes them worth it.  

It is certainly possible to win a ring if you have the rare MVP player who is low maintenance like Tim Duncan but the mere fact that Shaq and Kobe had big egos and got in each other's face was fully accepted by the organization because those two were supreme talents who were the core of their championship teams.  Same for LeBron.  Same for many, many others.  It is definitely not the case that everyone on these teams gets treated the same.  Just not even close.

It's not realistic for any team to hold every player to the exact same standard. It's no different on any team in any field. If you are a sales manager for example you aren't gonna treat the 1 guy making 80% of your sales the same as the lowest performer/contributor. It never works that way. HOWEVER, there are certain lines that you have to draw that apply to everyone including your top guys. It's how those lines and the disciplinary actions are defined that is part of the art of management. It's impossible to really understand if Nate is being fair or not to Trae and the team without very detailed information about what happened that we won't be privy to. 

• Like 1

I think we are all reading too much into this.  Players and coaches spend probably 5 hours per day with their team for 9 straight months.  The sport is extremely competitive and everyone is trying to win.  There are CONSTANT arguments, disputes, disagreements between players, coaches, and opponents.  This one just happened to leak.  

I'd be willing to bet this has happened with many other teams as well and it just didn't leak.  They just cite "back soreness" as the reason for missing the game and move on. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I put on NBA Today on the mother network.  They talked about the Trae-Nate situation for 7 MINUTES, which is an eternity when it comes to Hawks coverage.  Literally none of them thought it was a big concern for either Nate or Trae.  Basically a nothing burger.  
Then Richard Jefferson laughed and said, "We just talked about the Hawks for 7 minutes."  

• Haha 2

On 12/4/2022 at 5:53 PM, ShooterSays said:

I got our superstar’s back on this one. Trae knows his body better than anyone and if he says he needs treatment on an injured shoulder instead of getting shots up, I’ll take his word on that. The F kind of ultimatum is that anyways that Nate is giving him? 

I was one of the first to have Trae’s back in this thread last night. Still do. Nate’s ultimatum was uncalled for and imo what sparked this.

But wtf was up with this interview? He was asked why he wasn’t at the game and his response was - why are you coming at me and it’s a private matter that people on the outside wouldn’t understand? I agree with @marco102 about Trae being a little socially awkward, but man, this wasn’t a great response to what happened and is making it worse.

And don’t the Hawks have a PR team to help prep him for stuff like this? They had to know these questions were coming because the story has blown up so much.

• Sad 1