• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae

theheroatl

A lot of y’all would do well just using the ignore button.  I wouldn’t dare but again, it would work wonders for some.  

Anyway, I’m not even a Bogi fan and I was gassed to see him last game.  Can’t wait until he and AJ get a nice groove.  They had one slick ass play together on a Bogi pump fake and AJ cut I believe.  He most certainly can’t have 4 turnovers in 22 minutes but I loved his energy.  I don’t mind the shooting, as a career well-above average shooter all he really needs to do is get them thangs up.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AHF said:

No.  He will never be as good a shooter as Curry and he will always be a much better passer.  He is much, much closer to Curry than AI but Curry's shooting efficiency is historic.  Trae's efficiency should be very good (his .595% TS%, .589% TS%, and .603% TS% the last 3 seasons is great) but I don't think his 3pt shot will ever be consistent enough to push his TS% into the range of Curry.  Defensively Curry should be the aspiration as he isn't great but is better.

One fair point to make though is that a big part of Trae's TS% is at the free throw line. Nothing wrong with that of course, but often times whistles dry up in the playoffs as the officiating allows for more contact. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

One fair point to make though is that a big part of Trae's TS% is at the free throw line. Nothing wrong with that of course, but often times whistles dry up in the playoffs as the officiating allows for more contact. 

Is that right in a general sense though?  Are there really fewer trips to the line in the playoffs than regular season?  I don't know but i'm curious

For Trae specifically that was true last year but i attribute a lot of that to the refs always letting the Heat maul people.  Year before Trae's trips to the line went up considerably in the playoffs compared to regular season (before the rule changes of course).  

• Like 1

• Moderators
Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

NY , and had beaten us 3 - 1 during the season and had won 16 out of their last 20 games, coming into that playoff series. 

Philly had won 10 out of 12 to close the regular season, and had Gentleman's Swept Washington in 5 games in the first round.

Both NY and Philly were playing at the top of their game, until we played them.

So no, we weren't fortunate. We carved out our own path.

We outplayed the Knicks and give Nate some credit.   Thibs and Knicks were supposed to be this defensive juggernaut and we just owned them.  We supposedly had no answer for Randle and we shut him down. 

But NY wasn't a good team.

Now it's revisionist to say we were fortunate to meet Philly.   They were the #1 seed and the pick by most to go to the finals.  And the way we beat them was through sheer effort.   It's not like we just got hot from 3.  We had to make up 20 point deficits.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hawkmoor said:

1.  Nate is the head coach and is STILL the head coach.  In a league where star players are BEYOND PROTECTED by the organizations, if the Hawks front office felt Nate was wrong he would be out of there sooner than later.  The initial report from the Athletic said that MANY inside the Hawks front office are questioning Trae Young's leadership.  That news didn't come from any personal speculation from Hawkmoor.  

2.  I can see on TV that Trae's mindset is of a scorer first, point guard second.  Anybody can see it.  With Steph,  his shots come from a team mindset FIRST.  Anybody and everybody can see it.  I played basketball and have been watching the sport since 1979 or so and Trae is not gonna come along and convince me that his style of play is how you play point guard at ANY level of basketball.

If he doesn't score, this team tends to lose.  That's been proven time and again on this board.  So until someone steps up and shows that they can CONSISTENTLY score the basketball, Trae has to be that guy.

You want Trae to shoot less?  Put an equal or greater star offensive player beside him.  Because if Hunter and Collins are 5 - 19 FG, the offensive star of the team isn't going to keep feeding them the ball.  Especially when he has the ability to score himself.

Ya'll want Trae to scale back his game to players who aren't even remotely All-Star players. But then get mad when Murray and Trae take over a game, but the rest of their teammates can't even defend the 3 point line or get on the boards, to secure a win.

I hope for your sake that AJ turns out to be the guy that can take the ball out of Trae's hands in the near future.  You and others are trying to place the kid into that role, before he's even played 25% for his rookie year.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Ya'll want Trae to scale back his game to players who aren't even remotely All-Star players. But then get mad when Murray and Trae take over a game, but the rest of their teammates can't even defend the 3 point line or get on the boards, to secure a win.

Nope. I want Trae and Murray to run the team properly even when they have it going.  When you see someone rolling to the basket wide open, feed them the ball if it's a higher percentage shot than you are taking. 

This keeps their teammates engaged.  Should Trae and Murray be taking the most shots, most certainly, but they need to feed the hot hand when the other guys have it going and they tend to get away from that from time to time. 

The other guys need to compete more on the defense and rebound, but if you're getting shut out on the offense, it may not make you compete harder. 

Feed the guys every now and then even when they have it going.  It'll improve everything we have going. 

6 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I respect Zach for pushing Trae on this. 

This is one of those times when it would have been better had it all stayed private, but once a little gets out, the more they talk about it without giving the FULL story, the more it just makes the player look poorly, imo.  I can appreciate that there's more to the story so I don't think Trae is necessarily in the wrong completely, but if he's not willing to make the whole story public, everyone is left to draw their own conclusions.  And unfortunately, he's the one that looks bad with what little is known.  

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

It is a big part of nearly every big scorer's game.  Jordan, Curry, Kobe, Wade, LeBron, Giannis, Durant, Harden, Embiid, Doncic, etc.  FTs are a super efficient way to score.  Agree that there is always risk that a ref might swallow their whistle in the playoffs but that is a risk in any game.  We've seen that in regular season games as well.  In a sense, the variability of refs is part of the game just like the variability of perimeter shooting, etc.

• Like 1