• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae

theheroatl

3 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I tell people all the time, it’s not always about being right or wrong, its about protecting your own peace and happiness.

If Trae responded to Nate’s ultimatum by still showing up for his team, then we have a real conversation about Nate’s status running this team.

But he didn’t. He took the bait and made an impulsive and selfish decision. One that he should have known would only create waves and headlines eventually.

Being the bigger person would have given Trae more support within organization. Neither is right in this situation. Trae does not get any credit just because Nate “started it.”

No wonder why Trae went out of his way to tweet his support of teammates on Twitter.

Then again, this may have been a calculated move by Trae to bring attention to whatever was going on between he and Nate.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Supes has said a lot when he doesn't realize Trae is just socially awkward. You can tell it in interviews.  

'It's quiet as fk in here" isnt really socially awkward... lol

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Yep, I am the source of those personal opinions from my experience meeting Trae

How was he arrogant supes? I need you to explain this to me. Maybe you are taking someone being socially awkward as being arrogant.

I had a problem in my twenties when I was awkward around older people.  I was good with people my age and younger, but didn't know how to relate or communicate well with older people. I felt more at ease with kids because I could crack kiddy jokes and they'd laugh.

Trae seems to do much better with younger people than when he's communicating with reporters. He signed my nephews jersey and was super nice to him.

Edited by marco102

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

No wonder why Trae went out of his way to tweet his support of teammates on Twitter.

Then again, this may have been a calculated move by Trae to bring attention to whatever was going on between he and Nate.

Did any of his teammates comment or retweet it? Just curious..

18 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

It doesn't matter, because the star player ALWAYS wins these battles.

Nate is a slightly above average coach, at best.  A B- coach.

When you have a B+ / A- player like Trae, the mediocre coach trying to establish control will always lose.

Maybe Nate wants to get fired.  He gets paid regardless, and he won't have to put up with divas anymore.  He knows management will pick their "superstar."

2 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Yep a misunderstanding.  He thought he had more power than Trae.  
Not sure how serious to take this yet, but sounds like there is tension. Like when a couple headed for divorce argues about socks left on the floor. 

Classic War of the Roses type of stuff

Nate is Michael Douglas . . . Trae is Kathleen Turner

4 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Maybe Nate wants to get fired.  He gets paid regardless, and he won't have to put up with divas anymore.  He knows management will pick their "superstar."

He wasnt thrilled with the job to begin with.....

https://www.sportscasting.com/nate-mcmillan-convinced-become-atlanta-hawks-interim-head-coach-lloyd-pierce-very-man-whose-job-he-took/

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AHF said:

When did we win more in the playoffs than we did with Trae?  Kid is 23.  I want no part of giving the keys to DM and unloading Trae as some have suggested.  I think our best path to a chance at winning big comes Trae on the team.

Trae is 24..

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Think this one through.  

Nate tells Trae to leave the rehab and go out to the court for the shoot around and do the rehab there and not to show up at the game if he isn’t going to come off the bench.  

What do you think happens if Trae shows up at the stadium over Nate’s direct order to stay home?  Bonkers loses his mind with happiness celebrating how Trae is so selfish he defied the coach’s order.

The ultimatum put Trae in a no win situation if he wasn’t ready to play.

And why would Trae come off the bench, if he was OK to play? 

What is coming off the bench going to do, but provide some speculation as to what is going on with him physically or mentally?

What's not being said, are the words that went back and forth.  If the argument was "heated", it had to be a lot more than just arguing about treatment ( as Sothron is alluding to ). But I bet the argument at that time wasn't about the offense either.  It had to get personal.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Watchman said:

There's a reason Nate got let go in Indy 2 weeks after signing an extension.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, theheroatl said:

I really just want them to get along and win games. Hopefully it doesn’t become a sideshow.

But, Trae’s shooting and chucking needs to stop.

the guy is forcing it because he needs his quota. His 30% 3 pt is abysmal and I have seen most of those misses. Terrible shots and quick chucks.

Trae in his last 8 games:

image.thumb.png.1309f9a660b5652e9a523729c1f613a0.png

3FG% still low.  Overall FG% steadily rising. 

29 ppg - 10 asst . . . turnovers around 3, which is lower than normal for his usage rate.

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Well, let's speculate on who the next coach that Trae Will get fired will be.  How many years do you think it will take? 

I have made no secret of my frustration with Nate as a coach, but it's odd how much more like a team we play when Trae sits a game out. I was impressed with the Denver game.

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Well we need Trae to be a leader, and to do what's right for the team. I hope he understands that showing up your coach is not going to help things. However, I'm not ready to declare Trae a malcontent, perhaps this was an isolated incident. Nate can probably be stubborn at times too, so there could be blame to go around. Let's see how we look tomorrow. 

I agree that you shouldn't show up the coach.

But the coach shouldn't show you up either.  These aren't kids we're talking about.  These are grown men.

At worse, let's hope this is an Allen Iverson  / Larry Brown type of relationship between Trae and Nate.

At the end of the day though, Nate will NOT win this battle.  I hope he knows that.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, marco102 said:

How was he arrogant supes? I need you to explain this to me. Maybe you are taking someone being socially awkward as being arrogant.

I had a problem in my twenties when I was awkward around older people.  I was good with people my age and younger, but didn't know how to relate or communicate well with older people. I felt more at ease with kids because I could crack kiddy jokes and they'd laugh.

Trae seems to do much better with younger people than when he's communicating with reporters. He signed my nephews jersey and was super nice to him.

He was being arrogant when others weren't being arrogant around him outside of Cam which was exceptionally disappointing. 

He wasn't being socially awkward or strange. He was being an asshole. The way you probably think I act but I don't in person. That's what he acts like in person. Like I am better than you and everyone here. I don't know if it's just a chip on his shoulder but it comes off as f***ed up to me. Him and Cam rubbed me the wrong way. When he did, I kinda started to realize why he isn't materializing but my name on his shit so I had to ride till the wheels fell off. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Um. There is. But there's also a reason he was signed to an extension in the first place. The whole episode always seemed to be more a commentary on the bipolar nature of the IND decision-makers than it did anything about the guy they jerked around.