• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae

theheroatl

8 minutes ago, Q45T said:

There is no pattern… Pierce was hated by the entire team and it was stated in an article that they disliked him so much that any coach would’ve been better. Y’all need to stop with this revisionist history.

Pierce was the easy fall guy. The players have gained confidence in addressing the REAL problem because of the presence of Murray.

• Like 1

I really just want them to get along and win games. Hopefully it doesn’t become a sideshow.

But, Trae’s shooting and chucking needs to stop.

the guy is forcing it because he needs his quota. His 30% 3 pt is abysmal and I have seen most of those misses. Terrible shots and quick chucks.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, AHF said:

Think this one through.  

Nate tells Trae to leave the rehab and go out to the court for the shoot around and do the rehab there and not to show up at the game if he isn’t going to come off the bench.  

What do you think happens if Trae shows up at the stadium over Nate’s direct order to stay home?  Bonkers loses his mind with happiness celebrating how Trae is so selfish he defied the coach’s order.

The ultimatum put Trae in a no win situation if he wasn’t ready to play.

Something led up to this. No way this was the only friction between them...

• Like 4

• Moderators
1 minute ago, terrell said:

Something led up to this. No way this was the only friction between them...

Agree.  The ultimatum shifts things to a no win scenario, though.  That is not a good way to handle it.

(see my post above for my thoughts on the issue Sothron indicated led up to this.)

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Here's the other thing....if Nate wanted to punish Trae for the 'dust up' by having him come off the bench, fine. Don't create added drama by giving him an either or option. How many players end up being game time Decisions that get relegated to the bench? Nate may have tried a power move but didn't go all the way and it backfired.

9 minutes ago, AHF said:

Agree with this. I will say that to the extent the friction is over Nate’s offense and Nate doesn’t want to hear it, Trae is right. To the extent it is over Trae needing to put more focus into defense and Trae doesn’t want to hear it, Nate is right.

If the ultimatum that was reported is accurate, I’m not sure what Trae could have done to avoid conflict other than play hurt and hope he doesn’t exacerbate the injury.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

The only thing you get from (2) assholes is more 💩 

There is no winner in Nate vs Trae.

They are both wrong, but only one was on the sideline on gameday doing what he gets paid to do.

Trae has to learn how to keep the main thing the main thing and stay out of his feelings. This is a man’s game as DJM once stated. No time to pout and go home with your ball cuz someone disrespected you. You show up and handle your business on the court and no one will ever question you. You leave the door wide open for haters when you don’t show up for your team.

That doesn’t hurt coach’s feelings. That shows the 13 other guys in a Hawks jersey who you really care about, captain.

Yeah but the coach told him not to show up. If he did, then he would have been disobeying a direct order from his coach. Nate should have never put him in this position. 

• Thanks 3

Nate didn't give him a ultimatum, he gave him a CHOICE.  Come off the bench OR stay at home.  Its his way of enforcing his policy with everybody on the team and not make exceptions for anyone.  Thats what you want a head coach to do.  Coaches in every sport do this regularly.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, TheBigETrain said:

Nate's ultimatum is incredibly dumb.

I'm not going to say that.  I've heard this ultimatum before.  It's a parent's ultimatum...  It goes like this..

"If you are too sick to go to school, you're too sick to go out and play. "

Some of you may have heard it.   Unfortunately, Nate put a lot of emphasis on shoot around.   And Trae put a lot of emphasis on starting. 

I hope that they can get on the same page. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

What policy exactly is that? In relation to what? 

7 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Nate didn't give him a ultimatum, he gave him a CHOICE. Come off the bench OR stay at home. Its his way of enforcing his policy with everybody on the team and not make exceptions for anyone. Thats what you want a head coach to do. Coaches in every sport do this regularly.

• Premium Member

That maybe the case regarding shoot around, but it's either come off the bench or sit out the game. Stay out of the arena that's a whole different ballgame. That's a whole other level of something amiss

11 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I'm not going to say that. I've heard this ultimatum before. It's a parent's ultimatum... It goes like this..

Some of you may have heard it. Unfortunately, Nate put a lot of emphasis on shoot around. And Trae put a lot of emphasis on starting. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I'm not going to say that.  I've heard this ultimatum before.  It's a parent's ultimatum...  It goes like this..

Some of you may have heard it.   Unfortunately, Nate put a lot of emphasis on shoot around.   And Trae put a lot of emphasis on starting. 

I've seen interactions with Nate and Trae where Nate is trying to get his attention and Trae kinda blows him off -- like he knows better and doesn't need the input from Nate. This is a direct challenge to the pecking order of an organization.. 

Trae is a showboat and has a big ego....

Assuming these rumors are true, I think Nate was letting Trae know who the real boss is.. 

Shout of to Nate McMillian. I would rather you get fired then let the players challenge you, the team and the game........

Hopefully this shit will blow over quickly..

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That maybe the case regarding shoot around, but it's either come off the bench or sit out the game. Stay out of the arena that's a whole different ballgame. That's a whole other level of something amiss

11 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I'm not going to say that. I've heard this ultimatum before. It's a parent's ultimatum... It goes like this..

Some of you may have heard it. Unfortunately, Nate put a lot of emphasis on shoot around. And Trae put a lot of emphasis on starting. 

If it were put that way then it's certainly a problem.  Those are angry words.   I hate to hear it go that way because in a fight between Trae and Nate, Nate is going to lose every time.   The franchise has invested too much in Trae. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Certain folks are so giddy rn.  Faces probably super-tite when we win.

Anybody else see something weird about that?

Also funny folks that want Nate fired are suddenly ridin' with him on this issue.  They just court chaos.  If either of these guys gets gone, they'll just move onto the next thing to complain about.

Thats what theyve done with the last few iterations of the team.  Credibility zero.

Some people just want to watch the world burn.  Pay them zero attention.

• Like 4