• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae

theheroatl

Well we need Trae to be a leader, and to do what's right for the team. I hope he understands that showing up your coach is not going to help things. However, I'm not ready to declare Trae a malcontent, perhaps this was an isolated incident. Nate can probably be stubborn at times too, so there could be blame to go around. Let's see how we look tomorrow. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NekiEcko said:

I understand that we have a love and hate relationship with Trae (unlike Bonkers who totally hates him and Terrell and Supers, I dont know what side of the bed they is going to be on today).

I believe that both sides are culpable in this issue and Trae should still show up and supported this team and Nate should not say something like that.  Also, we have to remind ourselves that Trae is still young at 24 and he has to learn to be a leader and deal with this type of adversity as now an all-NBA player that everybody will look down upon including your own fans for everything.  I think he will do fine, and he will be back to the player that we all love.

I love Trae but he's a cancer

• Premium Member

If Nate is fired it will be for what got him fired in Indy.

.......that McMillan’s rigid offensive philosophies were “at the heart of McMillan's firing.” This was a complaint that was common from fans; year-over-year, it appeared as if the Pacers ran the same, stagnant offense that didn’t have the necessary deception or complication to be eli

McMillan often encouraged his guys to take open looks, even if they were from areas that aren’t statistically efficient. That limits the ceiling of an offensive unit, even if the players are talented. Indiana has ranked near the bottom of the league in three-point attempts per game throughout McMillan’s tenure as a results of this; they traded three-point looks for mid-range shots more often than most teams.

The simple nature of McMillan’s sets combined with his outdated, low three-point attempt philosophy meant that the Pacers scarcely were a dangerous offensive team. The blue and gold ranked 16th, 11th, 18th, and 19th in offensive rating during the McMillan era. The bland offense was simply never good enough.

The McMillan years were instead defined by impressive defense and unwavering effort. The Pacers often out-worked opponents in regular season games under their former coach, which gave them an advantage. But in the postseason, when teams are giving it their all on every possession, that edge went away, making it harder for the Pacers to gain enough other advantages to win games. Without the postseason success, and other issues at play, the front office decided to go in a different direction with their head coach.

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

If it were put that way then it's certainly a problem. Those are angry words. I hate to hear it go that way because in a fight between Trae and Nate, Nate is going to lose every time. The franchise has invested too much in Trae. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Q45T said:

I’m glad somebody else sees it… this ain’t the only site I’m seeing this on and it’s weird as f***. Trae still has some growing up to do but anyone with a brain can see how mediocre Nate’s offense is and the fact that he’s been coaching for 20 years means it prolly won’t change.

Ya'll let your personal feelings about Nate take away from the fact that every coach would have issues with Trae Young. Every single one

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The simple nature of McMillan’s sets combined with his outdated, low three-point attempt philosophy meant that the Pacers scarcely were a dangerous offensive team. The blue and gold ranked 16th, 11th, 18th, and 19th in offensive rating during the McMillan era. The bland offense was simply never good enough.

Here's the problem...  Our three point output and our offense ranking under Nate hasn't been bad.

7 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Well we need Trae to be a leader, and to do what's right for the team. I hope he understands that showing up your coach is not going to help things. However, I'm not ready to declare Trae a malcontent, perhaps this was an isolated incident. Nate can probably be stubborn at times too, so there could be blame to go around. Let's see how we look tomorrow. 

Bro, he's been like this his career and is always having incidents especially in games. I call him Trae Marbury for a reason and it has nothing to do with his style of play. Trae personality is garbage. I met him in person. He sucks in person too and honestly, so did Cam so it's not a shock that he's a bust. JC and VC were cool. Many others were as well. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 1

From the Athletic article.  MANY people in the Hawk's organization are questioning Trae's lack of leadership.  Its not just Nate.

"For Young, whose strained relationship with former Hawks coach Lloyd Pierce played a large role in his firing in March 2021, it’s the latest sensitive situation that has caused many people within the Hawks to question Young’s leadership approach."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Sello De Goma Con La Agenda Palabra Interior, Ilustración Vectorial  Ilustraciones Svg, Vectoriales, Clip Art Vectorizado Libre De Derechos.  Image 39793161.

T...  this is why nobody can take you serious.   We can't take you at your word... because your agenda is ever before you.    You hate Trae.  We got it.  We wish you would just stand on it... and stop pot shotting like a ... well you know.

I look at this thread as a celebration for you, Bonkers, Stonedogs and Hawksmoor.    So I will let you have your celebration.  I wish you would lean into it like Bonkers have and that way you can solidify your spot. 

Basketball Historians Know that Magic Johnson had problems with his first coach and did similar things.   Never stopped Magic from becoming Magic and never made him at odds with the franchise.  Right now, REAL Hawks fans are just hoping for a peaceful end to this.   What about you?

I take him more seriously than I take you serious. Even though I disagree with him a lot. He's not lying about Trae. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Ya'll let your personal feelings about Nate take away from the fact that every coach would have issues with Trae Young. Every single one

Personal feelings? I don't know the man. I said last year same as this year - don't like his offensive approach. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Sello De Goma Con La Agenda Palabra Interior, Ilustración Vectorial  Ilustraciones Svg, Vectoriales, Clip Art Vectorizado Libre De Derechos.  Image 39793161.

T...  this is why nobody can take you serious.   We can't take you at your word... because your agenda is ever before you.    You hate Trae.  We got it.  We wish you would just stand on it... and stop pot shotting like a ... well you know.

I look at this thread as a celebration for you, Bonkers, Stonedogs and Hawksmoor.    So I will let you have your celebration.  I wish you would lean into it like Bonkers have and that way you can solidify your spot. 

Basketball Historians Know that Magic Johnson had problems with his first coach and did similar things.   Never stopped Magic from becoming Magic and never made him at odds with the franchise.  Right now, REAL Hawks fans are just hoping for a peaceful end to this.   What about you?

Where's the lie?

• Like 2

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Personal feelings? I don't know the man. I said last year same as this year - don't like his offensive approach. 

I meet him several times. His personality is trash. He's not like Ray who's humble. Trae is cocky, thinks he's the shit and arrogant. His rep is just the same as my experience around him. He reminds me so much of a young Stephon Marbury but Steph was really smart, Trae is a dumbass. Honestly, he's not likeable but his play is and his dad did a tremendous job with his training. He's not incomplete like the Ball Boys but personality is his worst shit. 

It's honestly why I said, I wished we had Haliburton so we can trade Trae but no businessman would dare do that. Trae is far too popular 

• Premium Member

I responded about Nate don't know why you're telling me you met Trae.

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I meet him several times. His personality is trash. He's not like Ray who's humble. Trae is cocky, thinks he's the shit and arrogant. His rep is just the same as my experience around him. He reminds me so much of a young Stephon Marbury but Steph was really smart, Trae is a dumbass. Honestly, he's not likeable but his play is and his dad did a tremendous job with his training. He's not incomplete like the Ball Boys but personality is his worst shit. 

It's honestly why I said, I wished we had Haliburton so we can trade Trae but no businessman would dare do that. Trae is far too popular 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Win games and fans will find someone else to love.. Trust me..

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

No they won't. Star factor is exceptionally hard to find. Trae has it. Hali doesn't nor does Murray. 

We can get another star for Trae/JC.. Just sayin.. lol

14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Bro, he's been like this his career and is always having incidents especially in games. I call him Trae Marbury for a reason and it has nothing to do with his style of play. Trae personality is garbage. I met him in person. He sucks in person too and honestly, so did Cam so it's not a shock that he's a bust. JC and VC were cool. Many others were as well. 

I can see who Trae is on tv.  Its the little things.  I pointed out a game either last season or the season before where someone on the Hawks stole the ball late and passed it forward to Trae who was by himself.  He can't dunk in game and was aware that the crowd was looking for a "dunk" or something close when he got the ball.  He laid the ball up as close to the rim as he could.  He is ALWAYS aware of the crowd.  At the end of the game, he went to that SAME basket, jumped up and hung on the rim while facing the court.  It was him telling doubters: " yes, I can grab the rim".  It looks totally innocent if you are not tuned in to who this guy is.

trae-young-of-the-atlanta-hawks-reacts-a

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1