Trae

theheroatl

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Tell me you’re not one of those dudes who says that to dudes in their face. Some dude pulled the “buddy” card on me the other day. Bad move. 

Yeaaaaa listen I digress, there are plenty of boards out there for your Curry love. This is a HAWKS FORUM so you can sprinkle in your lil tidbit love for Curry, but it’s gonna be HAWK TALK! Sorry BUUUUUUUUUUDD. 

STEPHSTEPHSTEPHSTEPSTEPHSTEPHSTEPHSTEPSTEPHSTEPHSTEPHSTEPSTEPHSTEPHSTEPHSTEPSTEPHSTEPHSTEPHSTEP

STEPHSTEPHSTEPHSTEPSTEPHSTEPHSTEPHSTEPSTEPHSTEPHSTEPHSTEPSTEPHSTEPHSTEPHSTEPSTEPHSTEPHSTEPHSTEP

• Haha 1

Just now, shakes said:

I'm banned again.  This time for a year.

Realgm did that on purpose ….

To me.. 

image.gif.ce027318c25823ff7cbd1d08ed7582d2.gif

1 minute ago, shakes said:

image.gif.d315663e9877fd3c8ad8e4927fc79903.gif

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Mikey said:

im not saying he shouldn't be backed by ownership but they have given that man too much control. esepcially after only have one good playoff run. every single year there has been some drama with trae

What do you mean by too much control?  What has Trae done from a front office standpoint, other than encourage them to go after Dejounte Murray and not trade Clint Capela ( which looks like that was a very good thing to do )?

9 minutes ago, shakes said:

You said you were a Trae Stan from the beginning when you came here. Now you’re turning on Trae too? 🤔 

I’m questioning your loyalty.

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You said you were a Trae Stan from the beginning when you came here. Now you’re turning on Trae too? 🤔 

I’m questioning your loyalty.

I call people out when they deserve to be called out.  And I'm not blinded by my own fandom.  I know, I know, it's very weird to see especially from your perch atop Homer Mountain.  🤣

• Haha 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Mikey said:

"Trae is the face and he knows it"... thats kinda the problem here lol. Hell of a player but the organization gave him too much control and he has all the backing by the ownership group.

This is a larger problem across the entire NBA and has been for quite some time.  The way Trae has exercised it compared to say how LeBron has exercised it is like comparing lighting a cigarette (bad for everyone's health and the potential to burn down a building if extremely negligent) to blowing up a building (boom b*****es your franchise is now dust as I want to team up with my friends over here).  Reasonable minds can differ on whether this is actually bad or not but I tend to think of it as bad because I think it makes for a worse fan experience for players to have all the leverage to be able to control teams and for fanbases to have little security that the stars they love will play for their team in the future.

• Like 2

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, shakes said:

everything you just wrote is BULLSHITE.  Literally every word.

1.  I already pointed out how the biggest superstar in the NBA doesn't do it as one example.  You responded by continuing to say everyone does it without pointing to a single example of a player who does that.

Here are quotes from articles about this issue:

Seems obvious to at least attempt these shots, but over the years with the emergence of analytics, players have dribbled out the clocks at the end of the first three quarters with a much greater prevalence.

With just 1.3 seconds remaining in the first quarter of the Miami Heat's Wednesday night win over the Golden State Warriors, LeBron James caught a pass and turned up court. But instead of trying a 70-foot heave as time expired, James took a leisurely dribble, waited for the buzzer, then shot the ball. He had a chance, a slim one, to give his team points.

So why did he purposely wait until after the buzzer to shoot?

"If you're a true shooter, those shots add up," [Shane Battier] said, while making it clear that his view was also the opinion of most, if not all, NBA players. "It's not worth it (to shoot them). Even though statistically speaking, it's a positive – it's a plus-play (in terms of probabilities of success). If you shot every buzzer beater, you're going to make one out of - whatever the odds are.

"Even the heave is a plus-play. But unfortunately we're not judged on the plus-plays. We're judged on (shooting) percentages. I think they should take the heave out of the stat book. It's common sense."

And if they did change the rule book to reflect this stance?

"You'd have guys fighting to take that shot, because it's a hell of a fun shot," he said. "We shoot those shots every day in practice."

Here are threads from 2008, 2012 and 2014 complaining about how common this is (showing how this is nothing new):

https://www.basketballforum.com/threads/players-that-shoot-half-court-shots-after-the-buzzer.398919/

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/2000208-sports-and-racing-nba/64472603

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?881124-NBA-Players-avoiding-end-of-quarter-shots

Here is an interesting quote from Kevin Durant on it.  Interesting to me because he bases the decision on how well he is shooting - not the score in the game:

Durant routinely will hold on to the ball and release it just a split second after the buzzer on long-distance, end-of-quarter shots. He's admitted to it back in 2013: "It depends on what I'm shooting from the field. First quarter, if I'm 4-for-4, I let it go. Third quarter, if I'm like 10-for-16 or 10-for-17, I might let it go. But if I'm like 8-for-19, I'm going to go ahead and dribble one more second and let that buzzer go off and then throw it up there. So it depends on how the game's going."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

I don't know what to tell you. You can believe whatever you want certainly but I know from my source that Trae has been asking for more movement for two seasons and wanting to come off screens for catch and shoot for the same amount of time. 

Feel free to believe the worse in Trae if you want though.

Honestly, I don't think Trae would be that good at catch and shoot.  For a few reasons... 

1.  He doesn't really square up.  Which is  a marvel to how he hits so many shots.

2.  On a catch and shoot, he would have to 1000% be cleared of anybody being around.  We can run him off screens but There's still the strong possibility of a big being able to make up the distance on Trae because he isn't 6'7.   Trae works really hard on those switches to create space to get his shot off.  On a catch and shoot, he won't be able to create his own space.   He would have to be able to work with whatever space he has coming off the screen.   Everything we do right now is similar to how Steve Nash was used.   The only thing is that we don't have the shooters that Nash had... and JC is not Stoudemire. 

Instead of Catch and shoot, I would suggest giving Trae an double screen into the lane for his patent floater.  Or something like that.  

• Premium Member
51 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

What do you mean by too much control?  What has Trae done from a front office standpoint, other than encourage them to go after Dejounte Murray and not trade Clint Capela ( which looks like that was a very good thing to do )?

It's too the FO's credit that they follow Trae's lead.  Trae is a diva and divas do diva stuff.  He's also a very good player.  Some of the things he has asked for really helps the team.

CC is 2nd in rebounds.   Probably 1st in Drawn offensive charges.  And he has been the anchor of the defense.   He even seem to shoot better from the free throw line.  Sheez last night, I saw him drive from the top of the key and I want to say make a pass from the top of the key (into the post).    

DJM is 3rd in the league in steals.  He's a great defensive compliment to CC and he helps hid Trae's defensive flaws. 

Following Trae's lead makes Trae more accountable for what he does on the court.   It's like giving a chef all the ingredients that he asked for.  Now it's up to him to make the meal!

• Like 3

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, AHF said:

This is a larger problem across the entire NBA and has been for quite some time.  The way Trae has exercised it compared to say how LeBron has exercised it is like comparing lighting a cigarette (bad for everyone's health and the potential to burn down a building if extremely negligent) to blowing up a building (boom b*****es your franchise is now dust as I want to team up with my friends over here).  Reasonable minds can differ on whether this is actually bad or not but I tend to think of it as bad because I think it makes for a worse fan experience for players to have all the leverage to be able to control teams and for fanbases to have little security that the stars they love will play for their team in the future.

I think that there are some limitations.   For instance, Trae can't go into the front office and demand that we trade DJM.   The front office will either laugh him out or tell him we will consider it and never do.  Moreover, I don't think Trae is the type of person to do that.   Right now, we're just working through getting to know you... Somebody said it took Milwaukee (or was it Boston) 44 games to get it together.   At any rate, right now, we are a very good 3 qtr team.  We have to 1.  Get Healthy and 2.  Work out our difficulties. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, shakes said:

everything you just wrote is BULLSHITE.  Literally every word.

1.  I already pointed out how the biggest superstar in the NBA doesn't do it as one example.  You responded by continuing to say everyone does it without pointing to a single example of a player who does that.

2.  You're flat out  lying when you say that Trae "doesn't bother with teh stupid heave it after the buzzer".  He does that ALL THE TIME.  The oh look how close I came to getting the shot off in time but I just didn't have enough time to do it move that Trae does ALL THE TIME>

3. All you're doing is excuse making and enabling

4.  I don't give a crap if there's 10 other players who do it.  It's BUSH LEAGUE.  It's completely selfish.    The all time great who Trae is compared to doesn't do it and that should be good enough to point out how much of a selfish primadonna Trae is.

Eh whatever.  You're wrong.   Just because steph doesn't do it doesn't mean it's not commonplace.   

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Didn't I compare Trae to Zack Wilson in the past

This is nothing new.  I peeped that months before Jackie McMullan reported the sour locker room and court vibes and how they changed a bit after Nate took over and was more disciplinary than Lloyd.  Trae’s teammates’ temperature for him will range from indifference to hate, like Kevin Durant, Westbrook, Harden, etc.  Never, ever, will they like him although John and DJ are doing a pretty good job acting like they do.  His contract does absolutely nothing to help that. 

I was hoping Schlenk could fleece Presti but any trade with OKC is dead smh.  You aren’t gonna get the value you want from Bogi, John, Dre, and OO, all with red flags.  So long to my Tyrese Haliburton+ dreams as well.  For two players with the same experience, age, and minutes you can’t seriously compare Trae’s and SGA’s stat lines this year.  And OKC’s roster is full of kids while Trae plays with 2 All Star selections smh.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Sothron said:

Trae wants to win. Notice how much more flowing the offense has been the last couple of games. The only major thing missing that Trae wants to come off screens for catch and shoot because he's good at it and frankly it would make our offense even better.

lt looked real good when Trae stayed home.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

I actually think if we keep playing how we did last night and versus the Nuggets, we will slowly improve and potentially get a 4 or 5 seed.  Trae cannot shoot this poorly forever, and if he does, we have way bigger issues on our hands, but the more we move the ball and trust the rest of the team, the more they will develop and improve.  A lot of our team is very young right now -- AJ and JJ basically have no NBA experience... and they're getting heavy minutes.  Realistically, we're a year or two away from making another splash in the playoffs unless we get some huge improvement from multiple positions in the roster.  A trade could be the impetus for that.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

lt looked real good when Trae stayed home.

You closed your eyes last night and in the Orlando game??

The offense has had moments of looking good over the last 5 games.  With an without Trae.

However, I know it's convenient to your agenda to make it seem like Trae is the problem.. So Carry On...

• Like 1