• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Nets

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

This is shaping up to be a good opportunity for Brooklyn to finally give KD (36.9 minutes/game, 3rd in NBA) a decent breather, although I'm sure they tried on Wednesday, but the Hornets were relentless.

https://netswire.usatoday.com/2022/12/08/nets-coach-jacque-vaughn-wants-to-reduce-kevin-durants-minutes/

“It’s priority number one”, Vaughn said in his pregame press conference about reducing Durant’s minutes. “In all honesty, it is, and we looked at the short-term and long-term piece of it. We knew we were gonna give a tremendous amount of effort against Boston, had the two-and-a-half days in between before we played Charlotte again, and we take care of business tonight (Wednesday against the Hornets) and we’re 5-1 in our homestand. There is vision going ahead of hopefully getting some of those minutes down.”

Among active NBA tricenarians (i.e., not counting Harden), 30-year-old Kyrie averages the next most floor time at 36.7.

Speaking of Kyrie... "SHOOT IT, BEN!"

~lw3

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

Lil' Man in the OP pic is Noah Shelby, a 6'3" diaper-dandy freshman out of Texas, currently under Jerry Stackhouse's tutelage with the Fighting John Jenkinses at Vandy. Noah has been with the Team Trae Young AAU Oklahoma club since he was at least 12 years young. Transfer portals, get ready!

~lw3

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Steve watched his younger bro, midfielder Martin Nash,

Whoa that’s cool didn’t know.

charcuterie plate

I just said that aloud. Possibly my first time saying charcuterie 😂.

“I bet if I was playing for Steve, he’d be happy,” Young retorted to The Athletic. “I learned a lot about drawing fouls from him… if he says it’s not basketball, he must’ve been saying it about himself, because he’s done it a couple of times throughout his career, and he was successful.” Mic drop! Nash had no choice but to be impressed.

Destined to be our coach…

If Trae were playing for his Canadian Idol right now, would Steve indeed by happy? Would Trae? Would we?

When he was signed I thought he was gonna be Kerr. 

Hawt Take Alert)), because he is postponing the need for Jamelle to resort to trudging through LinkedIn for D-II head coaching gigs.

:laugh1:

You can stick a fork in my suspicions, that Young is quietly angling for the freshly underemployed Nash to join the Hawks’ sideline, if one assumes the former SCU Bronco is a tight-knit, dyed-in-the-wool FOL, too. But if that assumption isn’t quite true? Hmm. Next stop on the D-Train, Speculation Station!

I would be in favor. Nash would be controlling himself in Trae out there. I think it could work, but meanwhile go Nate… 👀 

There isn’t much to get excited about tonight,

Well one of our squawkers might get some cookies 🍪 if the Hawks win. 🤭

Awesome work @lethalweapon3.

I love 💗 soccer ⚽️ go Argentina 🇦🇷. Messi has a few lives left after today! 

GOOOOO HAWKS!!!!

ps 2K results forthcoming! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alf said:

My girlfriend said if we win tonight, she will put on a little number she got from Victoria Secret and we can have fun. If we lose however, I have to wash and wax her car tomorrow.

As much as I would love the former, quite sure I will be knee deep in suds and f***ing Turtle Wax by tomorrow lunch time, just don't see us winning this one:sad:

You be knee deep in suds

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So who is the 5th starter tonight to go with Trae, AJ, JJ, CC?

Versus NYK, Nate started AHol in the 2nd half.

Bogi is still on minutes restrictions, so might be less likely he starts.

Okongwu. Go 2 bigs f it! 😂 They can rebound Trae’s necessary volume tonigjt in case he’s off.

35 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He’s so beautiful 🤩 

Vegas has Nets -7.5

2K Nets by 19.

Trae scored 32 points but on 34 FG. 

When you are missing DM, JC and Hunter, it’s just hard to keep up. 

Hoping somebody sparks us tonight. 

I can’t even win in 2K 😢 whhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

image.gif.c2c1737f104ad614697b319280ae752d.gif

C0EFCC1F-72CE-41C7-BB32-71D7CE68E41E.jpeg

F2628F90-F6C3-4C01-BBCE-7B18EF3A5C2E.jpeg

D36AE79A-238E-4A56-B7DC-28B81D766019.jpeg

8BFEE4B8-EC14-4107-B706-1D6B7D413785.jpeg

E4B950D5-F7F2-49D8-A45A-DFB8C4617FA8.jpeg

AD6363D6-0C59-49C5-8025-0D297A6BDDF7.jpeg

D9891329-BBD6-4498-9778-3EF24C29C3F1.jpeg

B9788C0B-58D0-4085-911B-96D2E2E84CDF.jpeg

• Thanks 1