• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I want Mark Jackson as Hawks next head coach

Spud2nique

Trae is known to be easily bristled and shut people out at times. Mark Jackson is not a good coach for that type of personality. You need a player's coach with a progressive modernized system. It was no coincidence Golden State took off when Steve Kerr was hired. 

Edited by bleachkit
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators
On 12/30/2022 at 4:35 PM, Packfill said:

Hawks should never have gotten rid of Bud.

Bud the President got rid of Bud the Coach.

Budcox ruined the roster requiring a rebuild or staying with a .500% talent tax paying, older roster.  Then Bud walked away from the fixing the problem Budcox created due to bad GMing.

Bud wanted to compete and didn't want to rebuild but he took at roster that was #1 in the East when Ferry was pushed out to one that was expected to miss the playoffs (by expected wins) and had huge raises coming to Sap, THJr, etc.   Bud didn't want to go through that and so joined a team with a ready superstar.

Bud was a very good coach and a very bad GM.

• Like 1

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Why do so many people harbor this false belief that the Hawks moved on from Bud?

Yeah i know what you're going to say but if you really believe they would have kept Bud had he not forced his way out then I've got some beachfront property to sell you.  Travis didn't want him hanging around. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Yeah i know what you're going to say but if you really believe they would have kept Bud had he not forced his way out then I've got some beachfront property to sell you.  Travis didn't want him hanging around. 

If Bud hadn't been President before Travis came on board, I'm not sure what TS would have wanted.  I.e., if you imagine a world where TS comes in to replace Ferry I have a hard time thinking he dislikes Bud just as a coach.  But when you have someone who you are basically replacing as the President/GM spot and who is also a coach who doesn't want to rebuild and you are starting a rebuild?  Of course, a change makes sense.

To me, the problems again stem from the incompetence of Budcox in terms of managing the roster post-Ferry.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

I contend the situation (bud gone) sorted itself out before schlenk ever came into the picture. 

6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

And how dare you say you know what I'm gonna say. 

We both know, if you guess right, I'm just gonna move the goalposts on yer a**. 🤫

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

Hopefully, BECKY HAMMON - our next coach !!

:stirthepot:

Why?

Wanting Becky for our coach is the same as saying Haliburton ought to be an Allstar. 

You want to give them a chance because they have done good... but do they really deserve it over other candidates?

My thing is her track record is that of an assistant.   I don't have anything against Assistants but I don't know if we're in that market.   IF it were her vs. Adrian Griffin, then yeah, I can see her being the candidate.   However, we have some proven guys who have worked with stars before.. in the person of Idoka and D'Antoni.  I don't see her being a better fit than those guys.   The Novelty of her being a woman will wear off soon.. especially with the players.   THEN what?  We have a very immature team with a very immature star.  If a vet coach like Nate can't garner respect from Trae, what's a rookie assistant coach going to do?

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Why?

Wanting Becky for our coach is the same as saying Haliburton ought to be an Allstar. 

You want to give them a chance because they have done good... but do they really deserve it over other candidates?

My thing is her track record is that of an assistant.   I don't have anything against Assistants but I don't know if we're in that market.   IF it were her vs. Adrian Griffin, then yeah, I can see her being the candidate.   However, we have some proven guys who have worked with stars before.. in the person of Idoka and D'Antoni.  I don't see her being a better fit than those guys.   The Novelty of her being a woman will wear off soon.. especially with the players.   THEN what?  We have a very immature team with a very immature star.  If a vet coach like Nate can't garner respect from Trae, what's a rookie assistant coach going to do?

She has several years experience, coaching under Pop.  Players who have been coached by her have a very high opinion of her.  She is a proven winner.  All these things add up to being desirable to me for our next head coach.

You know that I waanted Haliburton drafted.  Also, Mark Williams.  And you know I don't often get what I want.   Still - - - 

:smug:

• Like 1