A sh!tacular west coast trip and we will be 6th in the tankathon

NBASupes

• Premium Member

I'm convinced the decision to tank was already made and that is why CC is out.  Otherwise, someone tell me why he is out?  What is his timeline?  It's a black box.  Either we're tanking or he's about to get traded... I didn't see some acute injury that would require him to be out this long and I haven't heard of anything like that.  How bad is a calf strain that we can't even get updates on how he's doing

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I'm convinced the decision to tank was already made and that is why CC is out.  Otherwise, someone tell me why he is out?  What is his timeline?  It's a black box.  Either we're tanking or he's about to get traded... I didn't see some acute injury that would require him to be out this long and I haven't heard of anything like that.  How bad is a calf strain that we can't even get updates on how he's doing

Clint has battled heel/achilles injuries since we traded for him. He was slated to be out 1-2 weeks, this is about 18 days now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

I've been thinking about this as well. I'm starting to think a trade for Ayton may be in the works and that may be why he's being kept out. 

If he's out because he's still truly injured... well that makes me want to trade for Ayton more and more. I don't want to be stuck with 3 years of 20M in salary if his injuries get worse as he ages. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, warcore said:

I've been thinking about this as well. I'm starting to think a trade for Ayton may be in the works and that may be why he's being kept out. 

If he's out because he's still truly injured... well that makes me want to trade for Ayton more and more. I don't want to be stuck with 3 years of 20M in salary if his injuries get worse as he ages. 

1. Capela has 2 years left on his contract after this season.

2. What if I told you over the last 3 years plus this season games played by Ayton and Capela:

Ayton ($30+ mil per) 38, 69, 58, 34 = 199 total games 

Capela ($20 mil per) 39, 63, 74, 27 = 203 total games

Just saying.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

18 hours ago, NBASupes said:

sherman-tank.jpg?fit=1000,667&ssl=1

That's interesting.  We used to have a WW2 era tank in front of our school buildings (Elementary and Junior High (before the days of "Middle Schools" - It was the high school prior to the split between high school and junior high) back in the 1960s &  1970s.  Then the ATL airport bought the property, the schools were relocated and the tank went bye bye.  In about the 5th grade or so, one of the prettiest girls climbed up on top of the tank and fell off.  She landed on her head.  It took a long time for her to come back to school.

49 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

1. Capela has 2 years left on his contract after this season.

2. What if I told you over the last 3 years plus this season games played by Ayton and Capela:

Ayton ($30+ mil per) 38, 69, 58, 34 = 199 total games 

Capela ($20 mil per) 39, 63, 74, 27 = 203 total games

Just saying.

True... but one of those seasons Ayton was serving a suspension -- not an injury. 

He's not been known to have a chronic nagging injury like Clint's Achilles. 

He's much younger than Clint so he has much longer before he declines due to health. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Watchman said:

That's interesting.  We used to have a WW2 era tank in front of our school buildings (Elementary and Junior High (before the days of "Middle Schools" - It was the high school prior to the split between high school and junior high) back in the 1960s &  1970s.  Then the ATL airport bought the property, the schools were relocated and the tank went bye bye.  In about the 5th grade or so, one of the prettiest girls climbed up on top of the tank and fell off.  She landed on her head.  It took a long time for her to come back to school.

Back in those days... They didn't blame the tank or say the Tank should be taken away.  They said she was dumb for climbing on the tank and told to rest of yall to not climb on the tank...

• Like 1

We aren’t going to tank. We are going to do like the falcons just did and idiotically win out and probably make a play in game and either lose or win depending on if the team is healthy.

I’m not even looking at the draft because we are a middle of the pack team . We are good enough to stay in 8th - 10th seed to give ourselves a chance.

id much rather talk about trades we can make to improve our roster. We need a new coach and new philosophy on both ends of the floor.

On 1/2/2023 at 1:39 AM, Sothron said:

I honestly wish they would tank this year. At this rate with Capela and Hunter never being healthy we're going to tank naturally because we have no defense and Nate has no offense.

Like I said yesterday, Maybe that's why they're keeping Nate?

download.jpg.d61633bb01d155f365e97ebc92a336cf.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, shakes said:

The problem is we are already at 17 wins and last year the bottom three teams had 20-23 wins.  So not a lot of breathing room for us.

9th spot still has a decent chance at 6.7%

1 hour ago, JTB said:

We aren’t going to tank. We are going to do like the falcons just did and idiotically win out and probably make a play in game and either lose or win depending on if the team is healthy.

so pissed they won that game against the cards... that was an opportunity to really improve their draft position. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Back in those days... They didn't blame the tank or say the Tank should be taken away.  They said she was dumb for climbing on the tank and told to rest of yall to not climb on the tank...

True.  The tank remained until they rerouted Riverdale Rd.  I don't know what happened to it then.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, warcore said:

so pissed they won that game against the cards... that was an opportunity to really improve their draft position. 

Yeah.  My hope is that somehow... the QBs fall Stroud, Levis and then Young to Atlanta.   But knowing the Falcons, Young would be there and we'd probably select whatever DE was there.  But I won't be mad if it's Jalen Carter. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, warcore said:

Slim chance they were getting top 4..And there's only a couple of players worth tanking for(Carter, Anderson).. Colts arent winning another game.. And top 3 are pretty much settled....We're Still getting a top 10...

Murphy, Wilson, Breese, etc. Just draft all defense with a WR and a guard sprinkled in.....Offense should be fine. Just add add a legit #2 for Drake..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Yeah.  My hope is that somehow... the QBs fall Stroud, Levis and then Young to Atlanta.   But knowing the Falcons, Young would be there and we'd probably select whatever DE was there.  But I won't be mad if it's Jalen Carter. 

Young going #1 imo... Houston has to replace Watson debacle.. lol

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

download.jpg.6bfa06ee06c2a2bf3837044090466f09.jpg