• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A sh!tacular west coast trip and we will be 6th in the tankathon

NBASupes

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Or ascend to a top 5 seed.

Some of you want to judge the Hawks on a game by game basis.

Just let everything play out.

lol we are not a possible top 5 seed.    

Game by game basis?  Try half a season.

11 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Right here @NBASupes the title says it all. West coast trip and we doomed going for Wemby.

We went 2-2 and coming back home now..

THAT IS WHY I MENTIONED YOU. You were on the tank train 🚂 

I didn't say anything, I posted a Wemby video.

Did you read my header? It says with a shitacular WC trip, we will be 6th in the tankathon. 

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I didn't say anything, I posted a Wemby video.

Did you read my header? It says with a shitacular WC trip, we will be 6th in the tankathon. 

On 1/2/2023 at 1:44 AM, NBASupes said:

There is really nothing wrong with tanking this year. Nate is a sitting duck. Everyone outside of OO is locked up for 3 years or more. We got nothing to lose. In fact, fighting for a playin just makes our draft assets not that valuable. Get a top 5 pick and we can be a major player in trades. Get Scoot or Wemby, we basically got a franchise lifeline. This season is over. Don't do like we did during the ECF year and try to fix shit. Let this shit fall. We got way too many contracts and we need play for stats and move some of these guys in the off-season who arent a part of the future. 

On 1/3/2023 at 2:02 AM, NBASupes said:

sherman-tank.jpg?fit=1000,667&ssl=1

Maybe these  ^^

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Atlantaholic said:

It's really just the last three games (57%FG)  that make the 10 game split look good, he was shooting 43% the previous 7 games before that... but regardless yea. Encouraging to see him start shooting better. He's going to have to continue to do that for the next 40+ games for us to have a prayer at finishing with an above average offense. 

He'll raise his level of play.  Just like he did last season.

image.thumb.png.46bfda708b6d3e34fc6b1ed8225f4708.png

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, shakes said:

lol we are not a possible top 5 seed.    

Game by game basis?  Try half a season.

It's not even just about the Hawks. The East is sooooo much better than it was last year not to mention the year before that one when we made our ECF run. Hawks have fallen behind the pecking order big time, more worried about not paying the luxury tax than competing against the absolutely stacked Celts, Cavs, Nets, 76ers, Bucks etc.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Where did I say we will lose tho? Just giving a reason why it's not a bad option is what I said. 

On 1/2/2023 at 1:41 AM, NBASupes said:

We got hell for the next couple of weeks schedule wise. There is a chance we can lose 10 straight

???

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Maybe if we bolster the bench

Bench performance is important, fer sure.

Any chance that "bolstering the bench" could involve natural development of the 21 yr-old, 20 yr-old and 19 yr-old on our roster? Could one or two or three conceivably grow their impact in the course of the season?

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, sturt said:

Any chance that "bolstering the bench" could involve natural development of the 21 yr-old, 20 yr-old and 19 yr-old on our roster? Could one or two or three conceivably grow their impact in the course of the season?

Nate has to develop and play them

• Like 1

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, sturt said:

Yes but you still don't see teams making noise in the playoffs without impact vets on the bench.  If our bench rotation is OO, JJ, AJ, and Bogi that would be surprising if that's effective in the playoffs to me. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

If our bench rotation is OO, JJ, AJ, and Bogi that would be surprising if that's effective in the playoffs to me. 

BogBog and OO have been relatively effective in the playoffs before. So has ADay, but in much more limited minutes.

Going into the season, I felt we needed one more solid guy, and I wasn't persuaded, of course, that JDay was that guy.

I held out hope that one of the two Dukies might develop into that, and I still feel that's plausible given the flashes we've seen in their first 40 games of ever being in an NBA rotation.

But sure, I'd love to see a legitimate, veteran rotation asset added. Hard to see that happening, given the apparent lux tax attitude and our payroll sheet, but who knows... maybe someone buys out a decent player, and that guy accepts a vet minimum contract from us b/c we can promise him some minutes.

Dunno.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Atlantaholic said:

It's not even just about the Hawks. The East is sooooo much better than it was last year not to mention the year before that one when we made our ECF run. Hawks have fallen behind the pecking order big time, more worried about not paying the luxury tax than competing against the absolutely stacked Celts, Cavs, Nets, 76ers, Bucks etc.

As long as they don't fall more than a few games under .500, the potential exist for this team to finish at least 10 games over .500, if they can put together a 6 - 8 game win streak.

I trust that our superstar player is starting to get things together and will sustain his efficiency throughout the year.  As others have said in past weeks, he tends to start seasons off slow, then kicks it into high gear as the season progresses.

Capela coming back will give us a spark defensively.  He may have the "Bogi Effect" of past seasons, when a key player has come back, and the Hawks start rolling.

• Thanks 1