• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Rise of JC!!

Diesel

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

AJ and Bogi?   I don't know about that.  

He's at best a completely lateral move. And that's if we ignore Bogi and AJs superrior metrics and efficiency accross the board this year. You can be optimistic and say Beasely will regain his form from three years ago despite shooting around 39% his last 120 games played, even then he's not clearly better than Bogi and AJ on a per 36 min basis. 

6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I don’t think you seem to get the fact that we aren’t tanking. 

I don't think you get the fact we are closer to a bottom 3 record than a top 5 seed.  Whether it's intentional or not the team is tanking harder than the titanic. 

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

AJ

AJ will be better than Beasley but y’all underestimating Malik he’s a baller. He’s a professional scorer, I don’t know the numbers but I’m guessing both he and Vandy have a lot to do with why the Jazz are successful. Well, that and Lauri the fine Finnish gentleman playing out of his mind helps too.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

I think making this trade IS embracing the tank.   We are already bottom of the barrel at shooting, now we are going to move OO into the starting lineup with CC?  In what world will that work offensively?  That has disaster written all over it.

Thank you, that was my meaning. If we are trading Cap/ or JC this year we are gonna get some inferior players and seeing as we are already ass I would qualify that as tanking.

Just now, Atlantaholic said:

Whether it's intentional or not

Well that’s what I’m saying with the Indy game tomorrow, we drop that and even folks like me that don’t wanna tank, it won’t matter because we ain’t good enough to be in the playoffs if we dropping games to Indy with no Hali.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

AJ will be better than Beasley but y’all underestimating Malik he’s a baller. He’s a professional scorer, I don’t know the numbers but I’m guessing both he and Vandy have a lot to do with why the Jazz are successful. Well, that and Lauri the fine Finnish gentleman playing out of his mind helps too.

Yes, which is why they are trading them lmao. Bro the Jazz have been a mess since their hot start. 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

OO into the starting lineup with CC? 

We are? That’s actually smart it helps board. I don’t get it, why don’t you we wanna let players ply to their strengths. We have 2 awesome centers on D in CC and OO, why not experiment time with them together. Rebounds=rings 🏆 

4 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Yes, which is why they are trading them lmao. Bro the Jazz have been a mess since their hot start. 

But they’re still a +0.7 in differential…

They are 21-23 in the west and they don’t have a superstar like Trae Young. Plug those role players around Trae and you get SUPER Trae. 

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I meant how do they work cohesively together- they're all lane cloggers

True. I mean, the other way is getting Kelly O from them and doing the exact opposite and spreading the floor. 

That’s the thing, we have no freakin identity. Who are we? Are we a transition O team, are we a stout defensive team. 

Pick a lane and be that team. 🤦‍♀️ 

D- is the grade for me, this is pretty bad.

• Premium Member
Just now, Spud2nique said:

But they’re still a +0.7 in differential…

They are 21-23 in the west and they don’t have a superstar like Trae Young. Plug those role players around Trae and you get SUPER Trae. 

They are 11-20 with a -1.6 their last 31 games. They've been worse than us. And on the superstar comment if Trae is playing like superstar this year than Lauri is the MVP. He's having a MUCH better year than Trae averaging 25-9 on 52% shooting and solid defensive metric despite playing on the 27th ranked defensive team. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

We are? That’s actually smart it helps board. I don’t get it, why don’t you we wanna let players ply to their strengths. We have 2 awesome centers on D in CC and OO, why not experiment time with them together. Rebounds=rings 🏆 

I should have clarified.  I didn't mean that management would actually want to tank this season.  Ownership is probably dumb enough to think that an OO/CC starting frontcourt would work after making this trade, the reality is it won't.

BTW OO isn't that much better a rebounder than Collins.  The negative impact to our offensive spacing would largely outweigh any slight increase in rebounding.

Edited by AtLaS
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AtLaS said:

I should have clarified.  I didn't mean that management would actually want to tank this season.  Ownership is probably dumb enough to think that an OO/CC starting frontcourt would work after making this trade, the reality is it won't.

BTW OO isn't that much better a rebounder than Collins.  The negative impact to our offensive spacing would largely outweigh any slight increase in rebounding.

OO has been overall a pretty major disappointment this year.