• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

FAVORS YESSSS

Spud2nique

22 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Eh, not really.  Folks just pin him on me because of the GT thing.  He's a body.  A big one.  But that's prolly about it.

Also prolly means news on Capela.  He gone via injury er trade. 🙁

So I call you to the stage to claim your prize 🏆 like a golden glove award 🥇 and you claim you didn’t play in the movie?

I KNOW YOU WANTED HIM!!! :huh: 

Stu wanted Keyvon Pangos and Kenrich Dort II :sarcastic:

• Haha 3

55 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I still have my own (unverified let me stress that) fears that Capela is out so they can trade him. One of Bogi, Capela and JC will have to be off the roster by next season because Ressler will not pay the LT next season either. Unless, ofc, we somehow bring in a second superstar player (think Embiid or KAT) and he would justify paying it then. 

I find that unlikely.

As for Favors this is a good pickup. Local guy who has size and was once a quality starting center/PF in the NBA. Depending on his game shape he's a huge upgrade over Frank the Tank. Definitely helps us defend bigger centers and can rebound.

Size? He's 6'9.... Does he have any athleticism left?

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

??? For a 10 Day.

This isn't a vet min regular contract.

My understanding is that anything a player in his situation receives from a new team is deducted from what the team that cut him has to pay.... 10-day or vet min, or otherwise. (And "otherwise" does happen, but only when the new team is signing the player for multiple years.)

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Of course Favor is a name we all know and love, but man, how is this dude a free agent this late into the season? He must have fallen off hard and expecting to pick up a needle mover in free agency in January is probably a little hopeful. 

At least one decent theory is that he was making plenty of money sitting at home, and figured he would decide for himself when he wanted to go back. I mean, the guy is just 31 years old, and he's always been fairly productive....

Get this... since he got traded his rookie season, Favors has never ever ever had a WinShares-per-48 of less than .100. Not a lot of guys you could pick up off free agency today can say that.

Better, he got the Al Horford treatment in OKC, so he's still got some tread left on his tire that he wouldn't have otherwise.... a "young 31."

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

Of course Favor is a name we all know and love, but man, how is this dude a free agent this late into the season? He must have fallen off hard and expecting to pick up a needle mover in free agency in January is probably a little hopeful. 

Because teams value bigs that can shoot the 3.  Favors has been more of a defensive big with limited 3 range.  He can make a mid range jumper though, which is right up Nate's alley.

This was him last February vs the Sixrs and Embiid:

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

So I call you to the stage to claim your prize 🏆 like a golden glove award 🥇 and you claim you didn’t play in the movie?

I KNOW YOU WANTED HIM!!! :huh: 

Stu wanted Keyvon Pangos and Kenrich Dort II :sarcastic:

Ok, ok, I'll own it ...

15 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Nah, he was just waitin on a contendah to pick him up. 😎

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Because teams value bigs that can shoot the 3.  Favors has been more of a defensive big with limited 3 range.  He can make a mid range jumper though, which is right up Nate's alley.

This was him last February vs the Sixrs and Embiid:

His defense regressed something serious is more notable. He was a pretty damn excellent defender in his prime.

• Premium Member
51 minutes ago, sturt said:

My understanding is that anything a player in his situation receives from a new team is deducted from what the team that cut him has to pay.... 10-day or vet min, or otherwise. (And "otherwise" does happen, but only when the new team is signing the player for multiple years.)

Understand that, but it's irrelevant for the Hawks cap hit for the 10 day contract.