• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

This looks good on paper.  I'm afraid that we will all be hating Simmons and maybe Ayton too in a years time.   Does anyone hate JC/Cap ?  Plus our tiny bit of shooting just went out the window.

DJM, Trae, AJ, JJ, and the midrange from Ayton + OO will still be enough for shooting and space. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

I have reservations about the mental headspace in which both Simmons and Ayton reside separately.  I don't want both of them for sure.  I'd rather gamble on Ayton if I had two pick between them.

Very true, this was more of a 2K trade wish from me. There is less than a 1% chance of this trade actually being discussed, let alone actually happening. 

37 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Facts.

Simmons would retire and Ayton would turn into freaking Bison Dele or something.

Even Nick Ressler isn’t dumb enough to put Simmons and Ay….

scratch that…no joke he actually probably would.

• Haha 3

Why would we want Simmons?  Please stop with this crap.  We are going to give up assets AND pay him max money?  He is a zero on offense.  No thanks.  Not to mention his value is perimeter D, and on our team he'd have to play the 4 he won't be effective.  

Please move on from this he has regressed even from a few years ago.  He will completely choke and breakdown in the playoffs and he can't be played in crunchtime.  

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Sothron said:

I don't want both Simmons and Ayton. I would want Ayton out of those two. Having both of those guys would just be too liable for any kind of Atlanta curse to kick in and both of them kidnap @Spud2niqueand @JayBirdHawk and then we'd all be on the news as we launched a Die Hard hostage rescue situation. 

do we have to rescue both of them or would rescuing one of them be considered a successful operation?  Asking for a friend.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, shakes said:

do we have to rescue both of them or would rescuing one of them be considered a successful operation?  Asking for a friend.

We all come back home. We don't do half way on our Hawksquawk Die Hard situations.

• Haha 1

We are not getting Ayton. 

I think this franchise is taking the easy road, next step is to trade Collins and/or Bogi  to avoid the luxury tax or trade Capela, use the money to sign a worse player, team will slightly improve or stay the same as our young players will be improving and in 5 years we will realize that the best thing we could have done is to keep this young core and sign players that fit them, defense, size and rebounding. Huerter was the first step in that direction, replaced by Holiday… next is John, we are selling him cheap, will be replaced by Crowder….

I think best thing we can do is keep the core and try a real coach or trade for a star like Ayton, KAT or Embiid but I do not see that happening.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Sothron said:

I don't want both Simmons and Ayton. I would want Ayton out of those two. Having both of those guys would just be too liable for any kind of Atlanta curse to kick in and both of them kidnap @Spud2niqueand @JayBirdHawk and then we'd all be on the news as we launched a Die Hard hostage rescue situation. 

What the hell 'Ron...I know I've been AWOL all day...but why I getting kidnapped? And with @Spud2nique...at least let in be @AHF.   :stirthepot: :laugh1:

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What the hell 'Ron...I know I've been AWOL all day...but why I getting kidnapped? And with @Spud2nique...at least let in be @AHF.   :stirthepot: :laugh1:

You deserve each other you level headed sensible fuks. :huh: IM OUT!

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Reports the Clippers are thinking of buying out Wall.  Whew, life comes at you fast.

Know what no longer comes at you fast?  John Wall.  Hyuk-hyuk

He was talking some cash sh*t about being back not too long ago.  Too bad.  But once he lost his athleticism, it was all over but the singin'.. 

But the real reason I'm even posting this is because I'm posting from 2026 and you can replace 'John Wall' with 'Ja Morant' and not miss a beat.  Haha.... 

does wall still got the Smitty jersey? 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, AHF said:

We need @Spud2nique to get out.  Think about it.  When Snape shows up at the Christmas party with his German henchmen, @JayBirdHawk and I are going to be sitting there with the other hostages.  Spud is walking across the glass to yippee-ki-yay mother******* us to freedom.  When the Sheriff of Nottingham crashes to the ground, Carl Winslow will give him that approving nod and we’ll all enjoy some hot chocolate.

I’ll call 📞 Hollyhood! :laugh1: Wood!

• Haha 2