• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Bruh do you not watch the NBA?

These players leave when they want and go where they want. If Embiid ants to leave, he is out.

Easy.   It's not always that cut and dry.  When was the last MVP that demanded a trade and it happened immediately?

9 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Easy.   It's not always that cut and dry.  When was the last MVP that demanded a trade and it happened immediately?

It's really not much of an option. You can stall but if the player doesn't want to be there, keeping him there is making it worse. If you can get the value you covet, do the deal ASAP. With the new CBA, rebuilding shouldn't last long. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

Is this dependent on how the lottery goes, or regardless of how the lottery and/or Harden goes?

They are planning on landing Harden so IDK the answer to that from HOU end but my Harden contact can speak on James and he's not a lock to go back to HOU but a strong lean, atm. The Houston intel is from my guy but this has been the topic since early this year. This is not new. HOU will look different. Their young players will be allowed to develop and their new vets will be in a position to build up the youngins and contribute to winning. Ime was a massive hire because he wants to win right now. They are not rebuilding. They hired Ime for the same reason we hired Quin. We want to win and they want to win. 

2 minutes ago, JustSomeGuy said:

I’d give HOU JC and Capela for Sengun and Smith straight up. 

Smith is currently not available and it's gonna take more than this to land Sengun. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They are planning on landing Harden so IDK the answer to that from HOU end but my Harden contact can speak on James and he's not a lock to go back to HOU but a strong lean, atm. The Houston intel is from my guy but this has been the topic since early this year. This is not new. HOU will look different. Their young players will be allowed to develop and their new vets will be in a position to build up the youngins and contribute to winning. Ime was a massive hire because he wants to win right now. They are not rebuilding. They hired Ime for the same reason we hired Quin. We want to win and they want to win. 

Smith is currently not available and it's gonna take more than this to land Sengun. 

Hard to imagine they could get Wemby and Harden and still want Clint and JC.  I get wanting Clint if they didn't get Wemby.  

Just now, REHawksFan said:

Hard to imagine they could get Wemby and Harden and still want Clint and JC.  I get wanting Clint if they didn't get Wemby.  

New CBA is going to change a lot for teams in the tax. 
Despite his limitations, CC is a value contract for a starting caliber 5. Teams are really going to value contract value more than ever. 

21 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

If you limit the conversation to just times when a current MVP asked for a trade, that is a micropool of instances.  Plus, it's very rare that you just won the MVP and you are in a situation as a player you want to leave.  

KD and Kyrie both basically forced trades in a matter of no time.  There are a few barriers, but the players seem to get out if they want out.  

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Five stars and superstars to keep your eyes on

Giannis

Embiid

Jaylen Brown

Harden

Lillard

Five big names to watch

Middleton

KAT

D. Murray

Ayton

Klay

Coaches and Execs to watch

Meyers

Ujiri

Bud

Monty

Whoever you see hire these dudes are making contenders moves ASAP. 

There’s a lot of Kat Smoke to the Knicks and also the same for Ayton to the Mavericks.

Depending on situations, Toronto is either the most bleak situation in the NBA or the best. 

OG trade value is 3rd heavily protected 1sts from playoff-level teams. Maybe they can get a 8-13 range 1st this year but that's it. 

Siakam interest is sky-high but his trade value is low. Teams don't want to trade Murray trade for him. They see him as a Kevin Huerter-type deal trade and Toronto sees him as extremely valuable. We as Hawks fans can attest to when we had Millsap. We wanted the sky and the moon and no one even wanted to other us a legit value that we felt he was worth. Sadly, that's where his trade value is. I don't believe Toronto will trade him. He will likely walk or they will SnT him to a team and get a 1st next year when he's a FA. 

Teams acknowledge Barnes is their best overall prospect and value but TOR wants a superstar for him and teams with a superstar aren't exactly sold on him for their superstar. It's going to be interesting because TOR is a major player for Giannis and Lillard. MAJOR PLAYER but teams aren't seeing what they have as valuable as they see it or even close. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

There’s a lot of Kat Smoke to the Knicks and also the same for Ayton to the Mavericks.

There is no smoke to KAT to anyone right now. He's not on the market. If he was, it wouldn't be for picks, it would be for a baller and we all know teams aren't high on Randle or Barrett so good luck for KAT or any of these high-end guys on the market. 

Everyone with a name is smoke to DAL. They want a .10 on-the-dollar deal for their scrubs (Bertans, McGee, or THJ). They have targeted Capela and JC but do they have anything they are willing to offer? Possibly but we don't know yet. 

Ayton is a strange case. Teams like him but don't like him at that price. I feel like he's seen in a similar light to JC. Maybe worse, maybe better. Just depending how much you value heart or size. 

• Like 2

After hearing all this about how the new cba changes this or that , I started doing some reading and came across an article that breaks it down, unfortunately they used us an example of how it can hurt a team based on the following 

However, there are still several notable players who are still probably not extendable. Take Dejounte Murray, for instance. He will make just $17.7 million next season, the final year of his current deal. A 40% bump wouldn't even take him to $25 million. We can't accurately project his max in 2024 without knowing where the cap will fall, but at a bare minimum, it's going to exceed $40 million. It still doesn't make sense for him to extend, and that's a major blow to the Hawks.

I can send the link but I haven't seen us discuss this yet unless I missed it. Seems really odd to trade for him based on this.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-cba-101-everything-to-know-about-new-agreement-from-salary-cap-to-free-agency-and-beyond/

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

After hearing all this about how the new cba changes this or that , I started doing some reading and came across an article that breaks it down, unfortunately they used us an example of how it can hurt a team based on the following 

However, there are still several notable players who are still probably not extendable. Take Dejounte Murray, for instance. He will make just $17.7 million next season, the final year of his current deal. A 40% bump wouldn't even take him to $25 million. We can't accurately project his max in 2024 without knowing where the cap will fall, but at a bare minimum, it's going to exceed $40 million. It still doesn't make sense for him to extend, and that's a major blow to the Hawks.

I can send the link but I haven't seen us discuss this yet unless I missed it. Seems really odd to trade for him based on this.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-cba-101-everything-to-know-about-new-agreement-from-salary-cap-to-free-agency-and-beyond/

Salary Cap thread here:

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Projected Salary Cap for 2024 is $144 million (+/- $2million).  So Murray on a max deal is 30% of the Cap for $43.2 million.

I posted this food for thought about a month and a half ago:

Impact of new CBA on DJ!

He only has 1 year left next season 2023/24 at $17.7 million.

Under the old CBA, an extension of his existing contract would start at 120% for $21.2 million.

Under the new CBA, an extension of his existing contract would start at 140% for $24.7 million.

Thinking out loud.............with the new TV deal starting in 2025 with a possible salary cap at $175 million (with max slots starting at $43.75, $52.5, $61.25)....would DJ consider a shorter term extension to his current contract to take advantage of this new cap?

Would he sign a 2year extension (1+1) with an opt-out for the 2025 Bonanza?

If he gets to free agency after the 2024 season, the projected salary cap is $143 million (with max slots at $35.7, $42.9, $50) [AND NO, I AM NOT ADVOCATING GIVING HIM A MAX].....so would he forego the full contract next offseason (I'm guessing he'll get at least $35 million in FAcy) for 1 year so that he can have a bigger payday in 2025?

Lots for him to consider.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

If you limit the conversation to just times when a current MVP asked for a trade, that is a micropool of instances.  Plus, it's very rare that you just won the MVP and you are in a situation as a player you want to leave.  

This is basically my point.  I'm just going to predict that he's a sixer next year.