• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

30 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

KD $47,649,433

Beal $46,741,590

Booker $36,016,200

Ayton $32,459,438

That's $162.7 million for 4 players. What Tax?

Good luck installing your DEFENSE Frank Vogel....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, terrell said:

Good luck installing your DEFENSE Frank Vogel....

I think James Jones is too smart to make this move.  Seems like new ownership wanted to make another splash having no idea how two way basketball works, but that’s most people.  I feel for Frank, he is a defensive guy.  Beal and KD are gonna tune him out so quick.

I knew Miami had no real concrete interest in him, glad that foolishness is over.

Edited by benhillboy

1 minute ago, benhillboy said:

I think James Jones is too smart to make this move.  Seems like new ownership wanted to make another splash having no idea how two way basketball works, but that’s most people.  I feel for Frank, he is a defensive guy.  

I knew Miami had no real concrete interest in him, glad that foolishness is over.

Agree this was an ownership move.  Disagree James Jones was "too smart".

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I think James Jones is too smart to make this move.  Seems like new ownership wanted to make another splash having no idea how two way basketball works, but that’s most people.  I feel for Frank, he is a defensive guy.  

Imagine all of the mid range shots with Beal Booker and KD......... lol

• Like 1

Always felt like Washington was overly loyal to Beal. That contract was too rich but they rewarded him with it anyways. And their thank you is a big f u. Couldn’t even choose a team with a FRP to send back. 

This could be the trade that kills the No-Trade Clause. Who’s going to want to hand that out again?

The KD trade earlier this year and now the Beal trade are not good for the league.

• Like 2

I don’t think the Suns have what it takes with Beal. The Nuggets and their chemistry really makes a difference in the end. Suns are just trying to copy the Lakers mold.

Good riddance to Beal in the Southeast. I bet Washington needs to get that FRP for Kristaps now.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, theheroatl said:

Good riddance to Beal in the Southeast. I bet Washington needs to get that FRP for Kristaps now.

Depends on if KP opts in. Otherwise he is a FA and can sign anywhere leaving the Wiz with nothing.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is totally on the Wiz and bad management. They learned nothing from giving John Wall that contract then trading him for peanuts, then they essentially made the same mistake by maxing Beal and compund the issue further by giving him a NTC, now they traded him for a goose egg.

Correct. But I can at least respect that they chose loyalty to their guy.

Deals like this are only going to hurt the players in the future. 

I doubt they gave Beal that contract due to loyalty. There is no loyalty in sports.

If I had to take a guess, Beal was ready to leave if he didn't get everything that he asked for and It was the ownership that was meddling and forced the gm to give him that contract because they didn't want to go through a rebuild under any circumstance and want to compete for a play-in seed.

Edited by yungsta

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Portland should trade Dame ASAP. See if they can get Ayton for cheap and build around a core of Scoot / Ayton.

Or they can keep Dame, trade for Ayton by sending Suns Nurkic and Little and still draft at #3.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Or they can keep Dame, trade for Ayton by sending Suns Nurkic and Little and still draft at #3.

In my opinion, it’s only a matter of time before Dame asks out. Seems like every other superstar is doing it lol

Even if they make those trades and draft at 3, it’s not a championship roster. 

Take Scoot, and get a draft pick haul for Dame. 

20 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Seems as if CP3's contract was fully guaranteed for the $30 mil to make the trade work (had a $15 mil partial).

Hmm… I kinda like the Clippers in the west cuz of Kawhi. So Kawhi, PG13, CP3… ok.. load management to the max again for them. Then make a run in May. 

I don’t know how much more CP3 has left in the tank. He needs to be a backup at this point in his career imo.

• Like 1