• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

1 minute ago, Watchman said:

Sorry, all I can see in my head is him refusing to drive to a wide open basket to dunk or lay it up, while Embiid glared at him, and people like Shaq saying they would have knocked him on his rear end (actually not using such nice words) if they were his teammate.   

This is fair.  In that moment though, I also recall JoeLLLL being a bigger part of why they lost that series yet he snakily let Simmons take all the blame.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Ben Simmons defensive rating is enough. He is still a tough defender.

Should I post the Hawks biggest problem again? Defensive points per game and points against in the paint.

You’d think people don’t actually pay attention to the games.

We need star defenders not Ayton.

Edited by theheroatl

2 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Ben Simmons defensive rating is enough. He is still a tough defender.

Should I post the Hawks biggest problem again? Defensive points per game and points against in the paint.

You’d think people don’t actually pay attention to the games.

We need star defenders not Ayton.

Ben is a worthy reclamation project. Not at 35 per however. 

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Heeey.... I don't claim to have all the answer here.  This is the part of our group presentation where I stall and wait for @thecampster to jump in and save me since I didn't do the work or come to any of the meetings ....🤓

They aren't on the floor together all the time.  Since in my scenario, Trae/DJ start, Simmons is coming in with the first wave of subs and plays 2/3 of his time with OO or as the center himself.  The unicorn thing about Simmons is he's one of only 2 or 3 players in the NBA that given the right personnel sets can play 1-5 on both offense and defense with SG/SF on offense being the 2 places the fit is terrible.  But he isn't a solid swap with JJ or Hunter or Trae but kind of a player on the floor who floats to different positions. 

In his career, he's been guarded by the best on ball defender whenever he's been on the floor. Take away his ability to create for others.  With DJ/Trae on the floor with him (only need 1), he can no longer be considered the primary drive threat. This means most nights, he'll have an inferior on ball defender on him.  

Posting his highlight reel from this year and I'm asking you to count the number of times he creates offense for others without even moving. How many times while driving he passes with the dribble hand while dribbling.... Trae and Murray create offense for others by driving and making wrap around passes, no looks, drawing attention.  Simmons is different. He passes over the opposition. He gets people's hands high, taking away their lateral quickness and allowing cutters space. I would say without fear that he'd help Clint much more when Trae isn't in the game than pretty much anyone else. 

Its his mix with OO/JJ that I'm most salivating over.  Defensively, that is one really long second unit and offensively, 3 guys who are always coming downhill at you.  JJ specifically should feast with Simmons driving. Those two's games are made for each other. They have a lot of similarity in how they move, soft touch finishes.

The glaring hole in my logic is free throw shooting but he's not the primary ball handler here like he was in Philly and he doesn't have to close games here like in Philly.  I'm okay with it all.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Heeey.... I don't claim to have all the answer here.  This is the part of our group presentation where I stall and wait for @thecampster to jump in and save me since I didn't do the work or come to any of the meetings ....🤓

Campster is making the presentation by himself, you are on your own - you sir get a big fat F

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Simmons is coming in with the first wave of subs and plays 2/3 of his time with OO or as the center himself. 

So Simmons off the bench for $35 million? Will he accept and be happy doing that?

who now starts at PF?

• Sad 1

On 1/30/2023 at 6:26 PM, akay said:

If our new FO isn't reactionary, do we expect no changes to happen at the deadline even if we win out until then? I feel like previously trades weren't made since we usually go streaking around this time

Who's going to shoot the ball Trae and dm..we seen how what happened last year..gotta get some shooters here also

• Like 1