• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So Simmons off the bench for $35 million? Will he accept and be happy doing that?

who now starts at PF?

And he can't play in the final 6 minutes of any games.  You just can't win with that big of a handicap on your team making that much salary.  He won't play confident in the playoffs, where I expect him to perform even worse once the lights are brighter.   I wouldn't trust him at any moment in a playoff atmosphere, even in the 1st or 2nd quarter.

Someone like the Warriors or Celtics could take a chance on Simmons since they are such great shooting teams.  We can't.

• Like 1

We need A+ defenders. Grant Williams, Thybulle, and Simmons.

No need to split hairs on contracts and other nonsense when we are a sub-500 team with disappointing results with Dre, JC, and Bogi’s knees. 

Don’t act like we are a top 4 team in the east with this cast. Our forwards are a joke. Our defensive points in the paint is one of the worst in the league.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Sothron said:

I have been in meetings at work all day and will have more this afternoon.

My updates from sources: Hawks got used by Phoenix. We had a deal in place, finally, with a third team (it sounded like Detroit) to move JC and get back Crowder and at least two protected first round picks. PHX basically used the Hawks to force the Nets to finally trade KD to them for their offer. 

Sources say our FO is feeling used and angry about how PHX handled things as well as Detroit and other teams. We apparently had a few trades that would go down hinging on the PHX trade being the first domino to fall. Since that did not happen...we are trying to salvage what we can and still get deals done before the deadline today.

PHX is still offering us Ayton for Capela/Bogi. We have other offers for Bogi such as Bogi for a quality rotation player and a protected first. Justin Holliday plus 2nd rounders seems like a lock to get moved for either a backup PG or a wing.

😭 at the thought of our idiotic and inexperienced FO getting used and abused by every other FO in the league....and then feeling salty about it.  Ressler's kid probably cried out for Jamie Gertz during the trade talks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

PHX is still offering us Ayton for Capela/Bogi.

:huh: Hmmm… I’m worried about Ayton’s work ethic, his heart 💜. Then again he’s a monster and becomes unleashed with Trae even more than cp3. 

Who sets better screens? Capela or Ayton? I prefer Jonas and Nurk due to girth but Ayton is a big dude too. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I have been in meetings at work all day and will have more this afternoon.

My updates from sources: Hawks got used by Phoenix. We had a deal in place, finally, with a third team (it sounded like Detroit) to move JC and get back Crowder and at least two protected first round picks. PHX basically used the Hawks to force the Nets to finally trade KD to them for their offer. 

Sources say our FO is feeling used and angry about how PHX handled things as well as Detroit and other teams. We apparently had a few trades that would go down hinging on the PHX trade being the first domino to fall. Since that did not happen...we are trying to salvage what we can and still get deals done before the deadline today.

PHX is still offering us Ayton for Capela/Bogi. We have other offers for Bogi such as Bogi for a quality rotation player and a protected first. Justin Holliday plus 2nd rounders seems like a lock to get moved for either a backup PG or a wing.

I mean this is just silly.   Every team is out there working to get the best deal.  Well almost every team smh.   You know who's feeling used and angry right now?  Hawks fans for suffering through more on the job training while our team stumbles to the finish line. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

We need A+ defenders. Grant Williams, Thybulle, and Simmons.

No need to split hairs on contracts and other nonsense when we are a sub-500 team with disappointing results with Dre, JC, and Bogi’s knees. 

Don’t act like we are a top 4 team in the east with this cast. Our forwards are a joke. Our defensive points in the paint is one of the worst in the league.

Despite his flaws... obvious flaws, we'dbe better.  Folks seem to forget our own obvious flaws down the stretches of games.  We live in a glass house, mayne.   We got multiple dudes who are problematic for varying reasons.  Atleast let's mismatch those with some strengths Simmons brings to the table.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

:huh: Hmmm… I’m worried about Ayton’s work ethic, his heart 💜. Then again he’s a monster and becomes unleashed with Trae even more than cp3. 

Who sets better screens? Capela or Ayton? I prefer Jonas and Nurk due to girth but Ayton is a big dude too. 

I honestly think if Ayton got moved to any other team and they gave him more chances he would feast. We've seen him do it in his career whenever they give him a chance. They never make it to the Finals that year without Ayton. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2