• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Sothron said:

I honestly think if Ayton got moved to any other team and they gave him more chances he would feast. We've seen him do it in his career whenever they give him a chance. They never make it to the Finals that year without Ayton. 

Yeah i think that too.  I worry about his attitude but then again it's the suns so i can see why he doesn't like it there. 

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

I honestly think if Ayton got moved to any other team and they gave him more chances he would feast. We've seen him do it in his career whenever they give him a chance. They never make it to the Finals that year without Ayton. 

I’d love to use him in 2K as a Hawk. Foo snatches balls 🏀 out the air he doesn’t even block them, straight snatch!!! :er:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

If Ayton for Capela/Bogi is really on the table and we don't take it, we are absolutely doomed.  We should be ALL OVER that.  

The original deal as it was told to me was the following.  Without Crowder in it now, I'm not sure how it would work.  FYI, there were numerous iterations of this with different player scenarios.

image.thumb.png.a19079dee6abb4749498eb652022905b.png

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

The original deal as it was told to me was the following.  Without Crowder in it now, I'm not sure how it would work.  FYI, there were numerous iterations of this with different player scenarios.

image.thumb.png.a19079dee6abb4749498eb652022905b.png

start by removing Holiday and Crowder?

• Like 1

I feel good about our core...lol..the reason suns want Clint is defense and don't care if he scores..perfect for that group..if we trade him and bogi for A..then helps them so much...IF THEY CAN STAY HEALTHY..if they got screwed by suns then we should ask for more

• Like 3

I think you always want the deal where you come out with the most valuable player.  In that case Ayton for Capela/Bogi makes some sense.  We save money which also increases the chance it happens.  However I don't think it improves the team overall.  Bogi has value that this deal doesn't fully capture to me - bench scoring will be missed.  I'm not surprised either way we go on this one, i think it has to be a pretty hard decision to the Hawks FO.

3 minutes ago, txsting said:

I think you always want the deal where you come out with the most valuable player.  In that case Ayton for Capela/Bogi makes some sense.  We save money which also increases the chance it happens.  However I don't think it improves the team overall.  Bogi has value that this deal doesn't fully capture to me - bench scoring will be missed.  I'm not surprised either way we go on this one, i think it has to be a pretty hard decision to the Hawks FO.

Logic'ing this thing out....2 for 1 would create the opportunity to buy someone else's buyout on the cheap once waived.

So the real deal wouldn't be Cap/Bogi for Ayton. It's Cap+ Bogi for Ayton and whoever else signs for the min.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, txsting said:

Correct, you almost always take the best player.  Bogi is pretty easily replaceable.  AJ is already almost as good as him and definitely better on D.  

For PHX, they just went all in or bust, and Capela gives them much needed D and slightly better rebounding since they are loaded with scorers now, plus they add Bogi who is key depth off the bench.  Still may not be enough for them to make the deal, but I hope they do!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1