Hawks in talks with Snyder

Spud2nique

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

2 different things.  Of course you prefer to meet/discuss in person, but the actual signing of documents need not be in person.

Well, for me..

The signing is contingent on these other things.  IF I get you face to face and you don't impress me enough, then I'm not giving you the keys to the kingdom. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, sturt said:

Posted earlier....................

Communicating with players is one thing. But communicating with the owner in a pressure situation is different.   Obviously.. it was something because at his last stint...  He kinda left Utah's owner believing that after the playoffs, he probably was still coming back.   That's a lack of communication.   If a guy can't be comfortable around you, he will always give you his associate and therefore, the communication will never be honest. 

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Well, for me..

The signing is contingent on these other things.  IF I get you face to face and you don't impress me enough, then I'm not giving you the keys to the kingdom. 

You're killing me.  We agree but you're trying to wrench a disagreement from me. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

You're killing me.  We agree but you're trying to wrench a disagreement from me. 

Well, I know that you're saying that the possibility exists to sign from all over the place.   You sound like a Verisign salesman.  I don't disagree.  I was speaking more from the standpoint of why wait this late to sign.. and not the logistics of signing. 

Item Detail - "HOUSEHOLD OUTFITTING CO. JUNIOR SALESMAN" CHARMING BUTTON  WITH VICTORIAN PARLOR SCENE.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, sturt said:

Not sure if you're serious or half-serious or totally kidding... but in case you didn't get the memo... Koonin explicitly said Friday that they're expecting to keep the staff intact for the rest of this season and only hire a new HC.

Quin is also trying to get Danny Ferry back.  

AA487800-13F4-4EF3-91C8-7E933AA11A37.jpeg.8cf21b6a7a950d9db5b490e70a03eab9.jpeg

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Communicating with players is one thing. But communicating with the owner in a pressure situation is different.   Obviously.. it was something because at his last stint...  He kinda left Utah's owner believing that after the playoffs, he probably was still coming back.   That's a lack of communication.   If a guy can't be comfortable around you, he will always give you his associate and therefore, the communication will never be honest. 

One thing tho.. ....Danny Ainge

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, Diesel said:

it was something because at his last stint

Diesel, c'mon man. Who doesn't know what that "something" was? Utah's GM decided to implode the roster. That's kinda a big "something" you've left out of your equation.

11 hours ago, Diesel said:

I would hope they would be respectful enough to not announce until after the Brooklyn game. 

It would leak today and formal announce tomorrow. Depends on where Quin’s plane is right now. Plane tracker anyone? What’s Tony’s private plane sign..

Edited by theheroatl
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

As jokes aside, if they paying him top dollar I'm sure he's going to want some say on personnel. 

Early on it was said (by Shams?) that the Hawks are seeking someone who is proven to be able to facilitate culture change.

To my mind, if you're serious about that, you truly do have to let the guy be not only the contractor but the master architect of the house. If you're serious. Put it this way, it's a lot more struggle to do that if the players know the head coach remains  more vulnerable to being dismissed than any of them. They have to know the greatest power in the equation lies with QS.

Hopefully, the delay isn't actually a delay, but just our impatience to see it get done... it's not all that unrealistic that it's essentially done, but that they've pressed pause for the weekend, and picking it back up after today's game or tomorrow morning.