• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Quin and Landry have the green light from Tony to trade whoever, whenever

NBASupes

14 minutes ago, sturt said:

Schultz (The Athletic) talking to himself right now: "This is news?"

2023-04-10_11-48-28.png

Sounds like a bunch of nothing but Quin like this team. I personally think he wants an offseason with them. I've said this once, I don't believe any moves other than JC will happen. Capela is possible but I am not counting on it. Bruno showed some flashes.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JTB said:

I don’t believe it. If one of our insiders @Sothron @NBASupes @thecampster hears from their source that it’s true then report it here I will believe there’s a true chance.

If Trae ends up being on the block, that would be between Landry, Snyder, and Ressler until pretty much everyone finds out.  The reason this is resurfacing now is likely because of the Kevin O'Connor article that outlines the possibility Trae is traded or asks for a trade.  I think for that to happen, Snyder would need to believe -- after coaching this team for ~20 games -- that Trae will not be a good center piece for his system, or that Trae will not work in his system (or refuse to adapt).  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

If Trae ends up being on the block, that would be between Landry, Snyder, and Ressler until pretty much everyone finds out.  The reason this is resurfacing now is likely because of the Kevin O'Connor article that outlines the possibility Trae is traded or asks for a trade.  I think for that to happen, Snyder would need to believe -- after coaching this team for ~20 games -- that Trae will not be a good center piece for his system, or that Trae will not work in his system (or refuse to adapt).  

The reason it's resurfacing now, its the thend of the regular season and This is nothing but a rehash and not accurately I might add,  of the in season front office turmoil with Schlenk being reassigned and Nate wanting to leave then his eventual firing, to hiring Quin.

There is nothing new in his article that we have not discussed before from that time.

It's Click-bait at it's finest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just now, JTB said:

I don’t believe it. If one of our insiders @Sothron @NBASupes @thecampster hears from their source that it’s true then report it here I will believe there’s a true chance.

but I can’t believe it only because of sales/money Trae brings in.

What you really want to know is everyone being shopped. The answer is no. Just JC but they pulled him off when the PHX deal fell through. That said, anything can happen but based on the reports from Quin, he likes everyone and loves Trae, Okongwu, Murray, and Bogi. That's all I got. It's hard to see a Murray trade especially with Atlanta likely not gonna be able to recoup those 3 picks. 

9 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

He's not on the block

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

What you really want to know is everyone being shopped. The answer is no. Just JC but they pulled him off when the PHX deal fell through. That said, anything can happen but based on the reports from Quin, he likes everyone and loves Trae, Okongwu, Murray, and Bogi. That's all I got. It's hard to see a Murray trade especially with Atlanta likely not gonna be able to recoup those 3 picks. 

He's not on the block

Yes, I highly doubt he is on the block.  My point is if that was in the cards, I highly doubt either you or Sothron or anyone else would know about it.  That would be held extremely close to the chest by the FO.  Tony probably wouldn't tell Jami lol

• Haha 2

• Premium Member

Didn't read every post here, but in what I scanned, sounds like people might be misunderstanding...

Ressler already said this!

Whether you believed him then or didn't, or believe him now or don't... it's not news.

What Tony wanted you to believe before is the same thing he wants you to believe now... ie, he's letting his GM and Asst GM make those decisions.

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No. It was done to distract from you-know-who not making the play-in.

Screenshot_20230410_143656_Samsung Internet.jpg

Love the graphic... hehe.

Hey Tony, Hey Landry, Trae is the best passer in the league and puts a$$es in the seats, let’s trade him! That’s sounds like a superb idea! :huh:

pictured below ⬇️ Kevin O’Connor and Bill Simmons fictional annoying rugrat. 

image.gif.11d2dcf6e565b92582fbfb9b4ee3f8df.gif

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, givemesome1ce1 said:

I said it once and I’ll say it again: some hawks fans just want this franchise just to be an irrelevant little team with no expectations or they think superstars grow on trees.

I don't think that's really fair to say.  I do not want to trade Trae, but I can understand if someone feels that way -- particularly if they think we'll get a good haul for him and a replacement all-star level player that will fit better with our coach/roster.  If Trae was someone that has no real flaws in his game like PG13 or Lebron or Kawhi, I would agree with you, but it's easy to see how someone's perception of what makes a team great might not align perfectly with Trae's game, even if Trae is an elite offensive player.  

• Like 2