• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Quin and Landry have the green light from Tony to trade whoever, whenever

NBASupes

Hunter is better at being a help defender than being a POA defender which is a massive problem for this team’s defense. Hunter also relies too much on the midrange and is a terrible passer and ball handler. That’s why people want Hunter gone and want to place Jalen in the starting lineup. 

JC is at least elite in the pick and roll and is a great shot blocker. He does the dirty stuff: gets rebounds, gets a steal and blocks (Stuff that hunter doesn’t do). And his 3pt shot finally came back so Quin has been using him more as a spacer.

Capela is gone this off-season so Onyeka can start. In order to get the best out of Trae, we need to surround him with guys that can pass and shoot well and the fact is that our starting lineup can’t do that right now. Murray has gotten better offensively since SA, but he will have to shoot more threes. If Hunter stays, he has to shoot more threes and rely less on the midrange. Hunter honestly should be traded imo. Onyeka is already trying to shoot threes which is great to see. And I have no idea what’s gonna happen with JC, and neither does the front office. I don’t think he’s gonna be traded but we will see.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I asked for the one best thing that they are good at that's dependable from game to game or even simething you can expect more often that not. I gave the Bogi example.

And I gave it to you. That's what they are professional level at. 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

The thread title is BS.  There is absolutely zero chance that Landry could trade Trae without sign off from Nick and Tony.   As it should be.  No team would trade their franchise player without ownership sign off.  

Smh it's just canon now -- 28 yr old silver spoon boy is running the team

19 hours ago, akay said:

People would rather have a replacement level allstar player instead of our HoF pg? Wild 

The team literally has a replacement level All Star PG already on the roster and all it's done is make me appreciate Trae more and more.

13 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Caution: includes 🤬 ...but man :laugh1:

This whole thread is not quite my tempo...

• Like 4

I dare some guy in the media post that Trae could be traded.  Some of yall love living with your heads in the sand. Had the guy posted stuff some of yall WANT to hear,  it would be applauded.  The article posted what I been saying that anybody can see IF THEY WANT TO:

This is where we're at with many star players these days. They don't want to take any of the responsibility for when things don't go as planned. Instead of committing to more off-ball movement or actually playing some defense, things that would take Atlanta, a talented team, to an entirely different level, Young would, according to the Haynes report referenced, apparently rather just go somewhere else and let the narrative reflect that Atlanta couldn't provide him with the necessary ingredients to compete with the big boys. 

To O'Connor's point, Atlanta might decide to move on from him whether Young wants to go or not. Young is an incredible offensive force, but there is little evidence that a team can truly compete with him as the best player or perhaps with him on the roster at all. He only wants to play on his offensive terms, and defenders who are targeted as often and easily as Young are almost impossible to compensate for in playoff settings. 

Edited by Hawkmoor

• Premium Member
21 hours ago, Sothron said:

It is true in the sense that my Hawks sources told me after the Quin hiring that if Quin and Trae can't work then Trae would be traded. So, yes, that was the first time I had ever had a creditable source(s) telling me that there was a scenario in which Trae could be traded.

With the regular season over, Quin likes several Hawks. Specifically Trae, DJM, Bogi and OO so they would be in theory the least likely to be dealt. I think it is likely that JC and Capela are moved in the offseason. Quin has complained that having two out of three starting frontcourt players that can't shoot is killing spacing on offense.

I do not think Trae, DJM, Bogi and OO are going anywhere. Anyone else on the roster is fair game with the least likely of those players being moved are the Duke duo. 

I hate it but it is what it is.  We've only been talking about it for 3 years now.  I don't look at players in a vacuum because there's too many moving parts that make the team go.  It's not a JC thing or a Capela thing or a Trae thing.  It's just the nature of the beast when you combine certain things.

As it were, the 3-ball has to fall to overcome this.  I expect some changes around our front court this offseason.

19 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He makes the game extremely easy for some players.  You can really see it when guys are making their shots.  That's when those high assist totals show up. I definitely wished a guy like Joe Johnson and Josh Smith could've played with a PG like Trae.  We may have made a NBA Final, or at least a few Conference Finals.

When this happens consistently, people are going to realize what Trae young is.  Quietly, everybody but Hawks fans know it and are doing everything in their power to create a narrative.  I don't blame them.  We ALL salivate at the slightest hint of an elite player being 'available' or wanting out.

19 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

You don't win championships without Hall of Fame level talent.  The closest thing to a team winning with good, but not high level talent, were the Detroit Pistons in 2004.  But they were one of the best defensive teams of all time, with Ben Wallace making the Hall of Fame.

Trae isn't the only path to a championship.  But even he needs All-star and possibly another Hall of Fame talent around him that compliments his game.

Maybe that's the mistake Dallas made.  Instead of a Hall of Fame caliber big man, they got a Hall of Fame caliber guard.  With Trae, we either need a #1 scoring option SF, or an elite big man.

Live footage of me after a NorthCyde post:

Preach GIF | Gfycat

The only thing I'll add is that they were more WAY more talented than the stats showed.  People sleep on Billups, they forget who Rasheed Wallace was, and this man was a midrange ASSASSIN:

Considering Rip Hamilton's legacy - Detroit Bad Boys

19 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Trae would have got Smoove traded in less than a year but it would have been nice if Al, Joe, or even Marvin played with Trae. Marvin might have unlocked another level with Trae as a 4. I would like to see how Chillz would look with Trae too. 

I was gonna disagree, as I thought about the PNR with Josh and his underrated passing ability...but then I remembered his problems with not giving the ball up to the guard on the break and his insistence on shooting that 3.  Smoove would have been GONE.

8 minutes ago, Diesel said:

THIS PISSES ME OFF...

I couldn't get past the 3 minute mark and I know Skip will give me an aneurism, so I won't bother.  They want Trae out of ATL bad...

• Like 3

17 hours ago, NBASupes said:

What's a #1 option with gonna do. He would need more perimeter touches than Murray. That said, I wouldn't decline it, especially Jaylen Brown 

A #1 option would be the main guy closing the game.  It would also enable Trae to draw the 2nd or 3rd best perimeter defender on the team, instead of their top defensive guy. 

At that point, Trae can be that 20 point - 13+ assist PG that some people want him to be.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Smh it's just canon now -- 28 yr old silver spoon boy is running the team

I never said he was running the team but his role and relationship with Trae is well documented.   You think Landry is going to call him one day and say "FYI, we traded Trae"  ?

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I never said he was running the team but his role and relationship with Trae is well documented.   You think Landry is going to call him one day and say "FYI, we traded Trae"  ?

No but you have to admit the implication Landry needs sign off from a guy that reports to him is wild and perfectly outlines why nepotism is so destructive