• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A quick word on other games.....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Would you guys rather have Jaylen Brown, Embiid, or KAT if you had your pick?  Let's assume the cost is the same for all of them and ignore the contracts -- just basketball fit.  Who do you guys want?

On 5/18/2023 at 8:06 AM, Gray Mule said:

SPUD:  As you were saying, "It's a burndown In the first game!"

GO HEAT !!

SPUD:  You just wouldn't listen to Papaw.  After falling behind 0-3, what are the chances that the Celtics win the next four games?  I noticed that someone said that Boston just gave up and quit in their last loss.  Tomorrow is a new day and an opportunity to save face for the Celtics.

Yet, knowing their chances to win four in a row, will they have their heart in the next game?  Heat was at home last night and had their fans behind them.  Tomorrow's game will be at the same place and all those Heat fans going wild for their favorite Heat players.

:smug:

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Would you guys rather have Jaylen Brown, Embiid, or KAT if you had your pick?  Let's assume the cost is the same for all of them and ignore the contracts -- just basketball fit.  Who do you guys want?

JB. He's got the right mindset, has plenty of his prime left, and I haven't been thrilled with our wings. 
Embiid gets significant consideration but I don't wanna do business with Morey that jackass, and his recent sulking/finger pointing doesn't jive with me. 
KAT -- hell naw... not even. 

34 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Jaylen Brown,

Jaylen for me. Honestly I like the attributes of the other two a ton but they have the emotional makeup 💄 of a lady bug 🐞. I mean, at least I know Jaylen is a dog and I’ve seen him grind. Embiid, I used to think would get it and he might still so he would be second for me. KAT, what the heck has he done? I mean, you didn’t have help and you lost, then you get Edwards and Gobert and it’s still kinda mediocre granted it’s only been a year. I dunno, I like the fact that KAT can shoot but I was watching many Minny (hehe that’s funny MANY MINNY) games and sometimes KAT forgets he has teammates and he starts flinging it from downtown with no conscience. I mean, shooters shoot but if you aren’t hitting from outside take the ish in and slam in on someone your a big dude.

1. Jaylen 

2. Embiid

3. sKAT

38 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Having said that without any human personality of emotion, just attributes, Trae and Embiid would win … A LOT.

So it’s Embiid best fit but I personally want Jaylen.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Having said that without any human personality of emotion, just attributes, Trae and Embiid would win … A LOT.

So it’s Embiid best fit but I personally want Jaylen.

Yeah, I go:  1 - Embiid, 2 - JB, 3 - KAT

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

SPUD:  You just wouldn't listen to Papaw.  After falling behind 0-3, what are the chances that the Celtics win the next four games?  I noticed that someone said that Boston just gave up and quit in their last loss.  Tomorrow is a new day and an opportunity to save face for the Celtics.

Yet, knowing their chances to win four in a row, will they have their heart in the next game?  Heat was at home last night and had their fans behind them.  Tomorrow's game will be at the same place and all those Heat fans going wild for their favorite Heat players.

:smug:

Once again Gramps you are wise. :notworthy: 

ps I’m enjoying the unraveling of the Celts btw. They are my most hated team 30/30, Heat are prolly 26/30 :laugh1:, hopefully it’s the Nuggets all the way.

• Thanks 2

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Do you think Embiid’s games played will hold up in the future? 

Won't pretend to be a doctor but he is 28 and coming off two seasons where he averaged 67 games played.  He will always have injury risk.  If I was trying to predict the future, the three major things I'd say beyond "we want our doctors to look at him" are:  (1) his contract should be for the remaining prime of his career and his skills are such that he should still have value if he loses a step athletically, (2) the three years at the start of his career where he played a total of 31 games are 6 years in the past now and actually might mean he has a bit more tread on the tire with less high usage in those age 20-22 seasons, and (3) just repeating that he consistently misses about 25 games a year and a big with foot issues always has that red flag in the back of my mind even if they have a long and mostly healthy career after they recover (like Big Z).

At his best, he is highly impactful on both ends of the floor and seems like he would pair seamlessly with Trae so I'm willing to live with some risk for that upside.  I feel like that kind of tradeoff is worth it in the NBA.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Injury risk isn't even my main concern with Embiid.  Even when he's healthy, he's never in his career been in good enough shape to play 4 quarters at 100%.  He always drags through the 4th quarters and is completely winded.  Our series, the Boston series, etc.  Every time.  He's a 3 quarter player because of his conditioning

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Injury risk isn't even my main concern with Embiid.  Even when he's healthy, he's never in his career been in good enough shape to play 4 quarters at 100%.  He always drags through the 4th quarters and is completely winded.  Our series, the Boston series, etc.  Every time.  He's a 3 quarter player because of his conditioning

I don't disagree that his 4th quarter playoff stats drop off (at least the scoring) compared to the first 3 quarters.  But I still think his overall impact on the game is huge and it is often because he is carrying the team that he runs out of spit.  I don't think KAT or JB can consistently carry a team like him even for 3 quarters.  Also think there is a natural pacing issue if someone is running out of gas by the 4th quarter that can be solved if the team can survive without him on the floor a bit more during the first 3 quarters.  I just continue to see him as an ideal fit with Trae and an extremely talented player.  Not the most likable player for me, but one on the short list of best fits with Trae (and on a short list of best players in the game overall).

Question about the games.  We're likely to have a 53 win team play a 44 win team for the title.  Is it just me or has there been a drop off on truly great/dominant teams winning titles and even playing for titles in the past 3-4 years?  Are we at a new level of parity with no true dominant teams?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Question about the games.  We're likely to have a 53 win team play a 44 win team for the title.  Is it just me or has there been a drop off on truly great/dominant teams winning titles and even playing for titles in the past 3-4 years?  Are we at a new level of parity with no true dominant teams?

These things are cyclical. A new crop of stars are making their way in. Soon enough you'll have some of them trying to team up.

• Sad 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The Cs probably wishing they kept the interim tag on Mazzulla with Bud, Monty, Nurse and the plethora of other coaching options available 

Not sure they will really hesitate to pull the trigger if they want Nurse or something.  Mazulla didn’t exactly have a stellar resume when they elevated him.  I guess we’ll see when, hopefully, the Celtics get swept.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 5/1/2023 at 2:55 PM, JeffS17 said:

Warriors Lakers is Silver's ratings dream matchup... don't care too much who wins that one but my hope is that the Nuggets ultimately come out of the west.  That team has been plagued with injuries and watching them while healthy is a treat -- very good basketball.

For the East...... well, I don't want anyone to win, so here is what I'm "rooting" for.  I think, ideally, the Heat beat the Knicks because NY in the ECF will be insufferable... then I also hope the Celtics beat Philly because I love the fact Embiid has never made it to the ECF.  After that, I hope Miami somehow upsets the C's so the Celtics can be devastated and maybe JB wants out.  In the finals, I hope the Nuggets then end Miami who will be 0-2 in the finals with this core and Jokic will get a ring.

Everything is going down as planned 😈

• Haha 1