• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A quick word on other games.....

Diesel

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

I saw last night's game a lot differently.

The refs handed that game to Boston.

There were about 5 ball calls in the last 7 minutes. 

2 that you saw on replay that were very bad.  2 that you are watching and saying, where is the foul.  And one that should have been called and the ref didn't do anything. 

The league wanted a game 7. 

Miami should learn to Box out.   

Eh, dont agree on the refs having a Loston slant necessarily.  That foul on Butler's last 3 that gave them the lead (via free throws) was one of those that go uncalled for us because it's an obvious foul-bait situation.

Not that there wasn't contact, just that it was clear his goal wasnt to shoot but to get a foul.  Refs rewarded it last night.  Maybe they were just bad down the stretch?  Moment gets big for them too. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, kg01 said:

Eh, dont agree on the refs having a Loston slant necessarily.  That foul on Butler's last 3 that gave them the lead (via free throws) was one of those that go uncalled for us because it's an obvious foul-bait situation.

Not that there wasn't contact, just that it was clear his goal wasnt to shoot but to get a foul.  Refs rewarded it last night.  Maybe they were just bad down the stretch?  Moment gets big for them too. 

Those fouls on Duncan and the twin was atrocious. They clearly rewarded Loston for acting.   There were two other calls... one against Duncan and I believe the other on Gabe... and I was watching like.. Where is the foul...  Wasn't even contact. 

The refs were rewarding Loston for running at Miami full speed.

• Premium Member

I like that attitude.   Let's get ready for the next game. 

Miami has a very large motivation to win tonight.  Forget the finals...  They don't want to be the only team in NBA history to lose a 3-0 lead!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/24/2023 at 5:12 PM, Diesel said:

Before we go into the long diatribe about getting a Jimmy.  I think that line is disrespectful to Trae.   Trae is better than Jimmy.    As Alphas go, Trae is our Jimmy and he does a very good job being that. 

On 4/27/2023 at 9:33 AM, Diesel said:

Knicks in 5. 

Miami is lucky that they played a gimpy Milwaukee team in the first.   The Knicks are not playing.   They demoralized Cleveland.  It's going to take Jimmy Buckets going to the FT line all game for the Heat to win. 

Don’t ever change, Deez.  We love you so much, abject absurdity-spewing and all.

Edited by benhillboy

And the heat are -51 in FT attempts during the playoffs and still advanced past 2 major media basketball markets.  Can we put the ridiculous notion that the “heat play too dirty and never get called/ get all the calls!” to a permanent rest?

11 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

And the heat are -51 in FT attempts during the playoffs and still advanced past 2 major media basketball markets.  Can we put the ridiculous notion that the “heat play too dirty and never get called/ get all the calls!” to a permanent rest?

No. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/28/2023 at 8:52 AM, sturt said:

Absolutely on the list.

I would expect you to know better @sturt.  Study how he allows them to successfully switch absolutely everything, let alone what his screen and DHO game does for their offense and get back to me on that one.  

3 deep playoff runs with a great share of their attack on both ends built around his versatility and motor.

Edited by benhillboy

19 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Where’s the “fck you” emoji reaction :jab:

20 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

NEEEEEEVEEEEEERRRRRR!!!!

see ya fckers make me mad. NO! We can’t they have been dirty since the day Pat Riley walked through those doors in 95.

Funny how heat psychophants pretend the sweep years didn't happen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Funny how heat psychophants pretend the sweep years didn't happen.

Ps that scoop guy ended by picking the Heat in 6. He said he had the Heat over Boston in 6 so he’s gonna ride it.

I have the Nuggets in 5 for right now but since the NBA is completely rigged and bull$hit I might go Nuggs in 6.

• Moderators

I'll admit i thought the Celtics had too much shooting for the Heat.  And I thought the Heat would get a bunch of bs calls and neither of those things were true in this series.  Kudos to them.  I didn't think they were good enough to go this far.  I kind of still don't but they did it anyway.  Caleb Martin has been a god send for them for sure. 

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I would expect you to know better @sturt.  Study how he allows them to successfully switch absolutely everything, let alone what his screen and DHO game does for their offense and get back to me on that one.  

3 deep playoff runs with a great share of their attack on both ends built around his versatility and motor.

Hold up.

The question is two parts... one, the degree to which Bam is celebrated... the other, the degree to which he is deserving of celebration.

You only covered the second one... and at that, you cherry-picked specific aspects of the game where he's able to excel.

Even if we grant all that you wrote as beyond debate, there remains things like last night.... twice in the space of three possessions as I recall, he had a 6-5 guard pinned down on the baseline and did not convert, once settling for a jump shot, the other unable to convert a damn 3 footer.

His game has weaknesses that are not as well criticized as his strengths are celebrated. That's my opinion.

Probably not the most overrated, but he's on the list.