• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A quick word on other games.....

Diesel

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

So far they are doing what so many have failed at.  coasting the season and turning it on in the playoffs. 

Ya I like this but I don’t. It takes away from the grind of an 82 game schedule and it diminishes what a Bucks team did, having said that, the #1 west Nuggs still in it.

The play in though, it’s too much, go back to top 8, we don’t need 10-15 conference teams making the playoffs what is this the Ben Stiller Gregory Focker 8th place ribbon 🎀 tourney?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya I like this but I don’t. It takes away from the grind of an 82 game schedule and it diminishes what a Bucks team did, having said that, the #1 west Nuggs still in it.

The play in though, it’s too much, go back to top 8, we don’t need 10-15 conference teams making the playoffs what is this the Ben Stiller Gregory Focker 8th place ribbon 🎀 tourney?

I’m not a fan of the play in either. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, Final_quest said:

I like the play in.  It gives meaning to a crap ton of games the last month of the season.  The tournament itself is not that great, though.

I agree, there are pros and cons. The Mavs tanking their play in game really put a dent into it though. I was surprised the NBA didn't come down harder. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

I agree, there are pros and cons. The Mavs tanking their play in game really put a dent into it though. I was surprised the NBA didn't come down harder. 

Agreed.  Dallas got a free pass.  Forfeiting their pick should have been the obvious outcome.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Another thing that grinds my gears is that the play-in games aren't official. Those are some of the best games of Trae's career lol.

Like if you are gonna have the play-in then the league needs to embrace it. I understand not including it as part of the regular season and the playoffs as certain players would then have certain advantages in terms of records and such, but include it as its own category of game and quantify the stats. 

Considering how they didn't punish the Mavs, and aren't counting the games, the impression I get is the league is far from married to this format long term.

• Like 2

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Another thing that grinds my gears is that the play-in games aren't official. Those are some of the best games of Trae's career lol.

Yeah, it is utterly bizarre that these are treated like pre-season games.

IMO, they should absolutely be part of the post-season stats and that shouldn't have a dramatic effect on career records.  If you are getting an extra game or two every year due to being one of the 7-10 seeded teams, you would also expect not to go as deep in the playoffs as the favorite teams and actual experience tells us that it is fairly unusual for a play-in team to make a deep run.  I'd guess this happens once a decade or so that a play-in team makes the finals and otherwise the teams and players "benefiting" from this in terms of stats won't actually be the team playing the most games in the playoffs that year so it seems somewhat of a self-regulating non-issue.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AHF said:

Yeah, it is utterly bizarre that these are treated like pre-season games.

IMO, they should absolutely be part of the post-season stats and that shouldn't have a dramatic effect on career records.  If you are getting an extra game or two every year due to being one of the 7-10 seeded teams, you would also expect not to go as deep in the playoffs as the favorite teams and actual experience tells us that it is fairly unusual for a play-in team to make a deep run.  I'd guess this happens once a decade or so that a play-in team makes the finals and otherwise the teams and players "benefiting" from this in terms of stats won't actually be the team playing the most games in the playoffs that year so it seems somewhat of a self-regulating non-issue.

HEAT, 2023 !!

😉

• Confused 1

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

HEAT, 2023 !!

😉

I was very aware of the Heat when I typed that.  You can count the number of NBA finals teams from that range of the playoffs on one hand.  If Boston beats Miami then Miami won't even play the most games out of teams from the East this year.  It isn't a problem to count those games if they are part of your playoff system.

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

@Spud2nique!!

Loston is down 0-2, losing both games at home!

I'm just shouting factual information, basically!

F*k my BIL tho!

Heck ya! Prolly annoying as heck with the BIL but this way at least we may get a crack at Jaylen Brown thanks to their racist fans, and that’s the truth it’s not my opinion or anything everyone knows Celts fans are racist and Jaylen ain’t that dude, he’s like Don Mitch in Utah, it wasn’t right. 

Hoping it’s Denver and the Heat and the Nuggs break your BIL’s heart :laugh1:.

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 2

This is the weirdest playoffs.  I love seeing Boston lose, but then the realization it's at the expense of seeing #HeatCulture rise. 
At least the Nuggets are not losing to guys like Curry, Lebron, or KD and CP3.  They are taking out guys on the banana boat one by one.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2