• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A quick word on other games.....

Diesel

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Have you seen the full quote?  I didn't think what he said was inappropriate or out of bounds when considered in totality.  He started with himself and said he had to be better. He then then said he and James needed to be better. And then he said that everyone on the team needed to be better.  Seemed like a normal statement to me.  

If I was a sixer fan, I'd be MUCH more concerned with the general lack of effort at the end of these games.  In Game 6, as soon as the celtics made their run, you started seeing Embiid just walking up the court without any urgency or fire.  THAT was their moment to answer and to win the series.  But he didn't seem interested.  That would be far more worrisome to me than his comments after Game 7.  

Okay now that sounds better. Sports media is garbage at this point and can't be trusted.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

Have you seen the full quote?  I didn't think what he said was inappropriate or out of bounds when considered in totality.  He started with himself and said he had to be better. He then then said he and James needed to be better. And then he said that everyone on the team needed to be better.  Seemed like a normal statement to me.

I saw the whole thing and while subtle, the difference of focusing on yourself versus calling out Harden and the rest of the team is major.  Good leadership from players is not stating obvious facts that everyone has to be better.  Leave that for the reporters.  Good leadership is focusing on yourself and what you can do to get better and improve and other guys will follow your lead.  As soon as you start deflecting blame, the other players will mirror that energy which becomes a race to the bottom.  Same goes for body language by the way on the court.  Also, you're the face of the franchise and paid way more than everyone else so it's just a bad look to say everyone else needs to be better -- with the exception of Harris, if they were better players, your cap space wouldn't allow them to be here lol... 

Embiid just constantly gives off this negative whiny energy that is pathetic.  He had 8 turnovers (including the game sealing one getting stripped by gallo of all people) and a horrendous 4th quarter and he turns around and starts blaming teammates in '21.  That's so weak.  He doesn't know how to lead effectively.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Moderators
2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I do think the big problem for them was abandoning their process.  Here is what they did the first few years after they dropped Hinkie:

1. Gave away Jerami Grant to get Ilyasova (terrible move)
  2. Traded away the pick used on Tatum and drafted Markelle Futlz instead (epic turrible move)
  3. Signed JJ Redick (good move)
  4. Signed Robert Covington (good move)
  5. Gave away Mikal Bridges (terrible move)
  6. Gave away Richaun Holmes (bad move)
  7. Traded for Jimmy Butler (good move) and then let him go (terrible move)
  8. Traded numerous picks for Tobias Harris and maxed him out (ehhhh)

Let's just recap a few of those highlights as they could have had or kept:

Jason Tatum

Jerami Grant

Mikal Bridges

Jimmy Butler

Ugh.  They basically rode what Hinkie got them into the ground.  Could have been so much more.

• Like 3

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, AHF said:

I do think the big problem for them was abandoning their process.  Here is what they did the first few years after they dropped Hinkie:

1. Gave away Jerami Grant to get Ilyasova (terrible move)
  2. Traded away the pick used on Tatum and drafted Markelle Futlz instead (epic turrible move)
  3. Signed JJ Redick (good move)
  4. Signed Robert Covington (good move)
  5. Gave away Mikal Bridges (terrible move)
  6. Gave away Richaun Holmes (bad move)
  7. Traded for Jimmy Butler (good move) and then let him go (terrible move)
  8. Traded numerous picks for Tobias Harris and maxed him out (ehhhh)

Let's just recap a few of those highlights as they could have had or kept:

Jason Tatum

Jerami Grant

Mikal Bridges

Jimmy Butler

Ugh.  They basically rode what Hinkie got them into the ground.  Could have been so much more.

Yeah possibly but results with Jimmy weren't any better.  When it comes down to it do really good wings want to stand around and watch Embiid plod around all day.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Okay now that sounds better. Sports media is garbage at this point and can't be trusted.

It's both.

(a) sports media is garbage at this point and can't be trusted and

(b) JoeLLLL is a blame-shifting, finger-pointing non-leader.  @REHawksFan is just falling for the ol' tailpipe-banana where the guy tosses the standard "uh, I gotta be better" then unloads his real feelings.  The same guy has literally done this every year.  It's almost the exact same beginning quote, followed by the person(s) he decides to blame for his own shortcomings.  It was injuries one year, then Simmons, now 'everybody else'.

REH, I would challenge you to look back at his post-elimination quotes the last 3 years.  It's not the 'media' every year.  This guy has a pattern.

Edited by kg01
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

if they were better players, your cap space wouldn't allow them to be here lol... 

BINGO!!  It's amazing!  Players want all the money for themselves and then complain because they don't have better teammates.  Duh!  Here's your sign!  

:smug:

• Like 4

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It's both.

(b) JoeLLLL is a blame-shifting, finger-pointing non-leader.  @REHawksFan is just falling for the ol' tailpipe-banana where the guy tosses the standard "uh, I gotta be better" then unloads his real feelings.  The same guy has literally done this every year.  It's almost the exact same beginning quote, followed by the person(s) he decides to blame for his own shortcomings.  It was injuries one year, then Simmons, now 'everybody else'.

REH, I would challenge you to look back at his post-elimination quotes the last 3 years.  It's not the 'media' every year.  This guy has a pattern.

I'm now looking forward to hearing about all the off season surgeries Embiid is NOT having this summer despite being so horribly injured as he claimed.

Pulled the same nonsense when we beat them in a few years ago.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It's both.

I have zero interest in defending Embiid as I'm certainly no fan of his. So I'm not going to get into any arguments on here doing so.  I'm just pointing out that the snippet of a quote that the media highlighted makes it sound like the only thing he said was "James and I can't win by ourselves. Everyone else needs to be better."  That's just not what he said and it didn't sound like it was the intent of his message to me either.  

The media is more concerned with creating clicks and a salacious story than reporting what a player actually says, imo.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member

His lungs get injured every game by 3 quarters of play that they can't handle, so they give up on him in the 4th.  

I remember the articles about his diet in 2020 and how horrific his eating habits were.  The guy was eating nothing but fast food and junk food and sugary drinks.  Sure, he's burning most of that as an athlete but it doesn't send good signals about his habits.  Embiid admitted to never having eaten a vegetable until like 2017 or some shit -- that's just wild lol... here's an excerpt from that article:

“Per a source, the Sixers’ training staff was so concerned about what he was eating, they stocked the refrigerator in his downtown hotel residence each week with healthy food,” Brian Geltzeiler shared in a 2015 Sports Illustrated story. “When a staffer went to restock the fridge each week, most everything was uneaten and unopened, and they were throwing out the fruits and vegetables every week. When the team subsequently asked to see Embiid’s room service bill, they found that most days he was ordering junk food along with his signature beverage, a pitcher of Shirley Temples. Embiid also was frequently seen feasting on chicken fingers and hot dogs at and after games.”

I doubt his diet has changed much or his cardio based on what we see on the court.  I know the injuries don't help but at some point you have to ask what he is doing to take care of his own body... anyways, I obviously have strong feelings the guy isn't a winner and isn't in shape, so I'll stop after this one lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

His lungs get injured every game by 3 quarters of play that they can't handle, so they give up on him in the 4th.  

I remember the articles about his diet in 2020 and how horrific his eating habits were.  The guy was eating nothing but fast food and junk food and sugary drinks.  Sure, he's burning most of that as an athlete but it doesn't send good signals about his habits.  Embiid admitted to never having eaten a vegetable until like 2017 or some shit -- that's just wild lol... here's an excerpt from that article:

“Per a source, the Sixers’ training staff was so concerned about what he was eating, they stocked the refrigerator in his downtown hotel residence each week with healthy food,” Brian Geltzeiler shared in a 2015 Sports Illustrated story. “When a staffer went to restock the fridge each week, most everything was uneaten and unopened, and they were throwing out the fruits and vegetables every week. When the team subsequently asked to see Embiid’s room service bill, they found that most days he was ordering junk food along with his signature beverage, a pitcher of Shirley Temples. Embiid also was frequently seen feasting on chicken fingers and hot dogs at and after games.”

I doubt his diet has changed much or his cardio based on what we see on the court.  I know the injuries don't help but at some point you have to ask what he is doing to take care of his own body... anyways, I obviously have strong feelings the guy isn't a winner and isn't in shape, so I'll stop after this one lol

Shirley Temples?!

🤣😂🤣😂🤣

That’s so fancy (for an 8 year old)!

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Yeah possibly but results with Jimmy weren't any better.  When it comes down to it do really good wings want to stand around and watch Embiid plod around all day.  

Nor do really good wings want to stand around while Trae goes 7-30 from the field. Just saying. 

1 hour ago, SalvorMallow said:

What was the context of this quote?

I’m guessing a direct shot at Embiid and Harden for being cowards? That’s my thought, at least that was the latest news and he said it a day later so… :sarcastic:

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Preeeeeeaaaaccchhhhh DD!!!!

IMG_7695.jpeg

One of my observations from watching a lot of games in the playoffs is something close to this.  I see why Lebron made it to the finals so many times.  Tatum is getting headlines for dropping 51 in Game 7, but that dude has completely disappeared in a lot of other games.  You would think KD, Booker, and CP3 would be able to prove something as a trio, but nope.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, kg01 said:

At some point, the real ones gotta start calling out the fakes .... by name. 

Id take "fake" Joel Embiid on the Hawks 7 days a week and twice on Sunday. They can gladly have our "real one" Clint Capela and Jon Collins in exchange. 

Edited by bleachkit
  • Like 1