• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A quick word on other games.....

Diesel

8 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

Whatever you call it, it sucks. Philly pissed away a golden opportunity and now the f'n celtics have a clear path to a title. 

Take heart.  Their flaws will doom them eventually.  They just haven't faced a team capable of consistently exploiting them.  They got us a year too early, otherwise we would've beat them.  Whoever comes out if the west should be good enough to do it.  I doubt they could last against what the Heet are putting out there.  Keep in mind, whoever they face will have a decided coaching advantage. 

7 hours ago, Phunkabilly said:

Yeah, this is ugly... can't blame this one on Ayton

Yeah, that was a total team effort.  The melt we saw last year is what the core of their team is about.  Shouldn't surprise anyone when they falter. 

• Thanks 2

And another thing ...

When are these collapses gonna be rightfully pinned on CP2?

Teammates disengaged, inexplicably unproductive.  Series being favored but losses.

Similar stuff happened in LAC and HOU.  What's the common denom?

Fake leader, as I've said for years. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Take heart.  Their flaws will doom them eventually. 

I really hope so, but I have a hard time counting on Denver to make it happen.  IF it's the Lakers, they are one Marcus Smart hip check from AD being wheeled off the court or LBJ turning an ankle. I'd feel better if it's GS as at least they have the mental advantage over the celtics.  

8 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

But they will.

If Snyder thinks that OO can play the majority of his minutes at the 4 next season, this will be the perfect time for Landry to dangle John Collins out to the Suns again, for a deal to get Ayton.  Maybe another team would want to get in the mix, to shuffle some role players around.

Here you go Landry.  Get 'er done.

image.thumb.png.27fdf236704649668a74f19a770efcce.png

I love OG. I don’t know about Ayton I hate his heart.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I'd feel better if it's GS as at least they have the mental advantage over the celtics. 

Oh would you? Of course you would you GS lover! Go snuggle with your mental shaky the mole! :sarcastic: 

Hey listen 👂🏿 Fck the scrubs. :finger:

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I love OG. I don’t know about Ayton I hate his heart.

But is Ayton a talent upgrade at the center position?

Offensively, yes.  Defensively, no.

So now the question is . . can a PG like Trae maximize his impact on offense?

Chris Paul is a great PG.  Top 5 of all time.  I don't think he's a better passer than Trae, especially in the ways he can get a center like Ayton the ball.

Ayton's shot chart and shooting by area:

image.png.ae19a64a50f5485a7a526eb99c72fa11.png

image.thumb.png.92adbc1c6d35c46ad9478ef867387bd2.png

His offensive game is right where you want it to be, and could become even better if we expand his range out to the top of the 3 point arc. Imagine the space that could give Trae on the pick and roll, to either have his center roll to the basket, or slip the screen and stay at the 3 point line.  That also wouldn't make it so easy to cut Trae off as he's driving to the basket.  It would help Dejounte too.

In a lot of ways, Deandre is alot like our De'Andre.

Steady ball players with questionable drive and effort.  But possibly possess the talent to be much better players than what they are. 

Seeing this video on Ayton doesn't encourage me though.

• Like 1

stats won't tell you, but jokic is a much better passer than trae, Most likely system/scheme related, but trae only ever hits a stationary target or lob, but jokic constantly find/create opportunities for his teammates in motion. Hopefully we'll see more of that w/ snyder.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Diesel said:

If we trade for Ayton,   Everybody should be fired.

He’s not the one. We don’t need that around Trae. He’s lazy I’m sorry.

32 minutes ago, dalamchops said:

but jokic is a much better passer than trae,

Top 2 in the league I dunno whose better. 

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

:punish: 

Jimmy a hot head. F you too YIMMY!!!

IMG_7627.jpeg

@kg01 I’m playing this one out on 2K as the Heat. I rarely use them but I gotta see what @benhillboyloves about Yimmer FredButler. I personally think he’s been watching too many Michael Jordan “last dance and “I believe I can’t fly bs”… 

Ps Ben, your scrubs are on the brink, I need Lebum to push them off the cliff. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, dalamchops said:

stats won't tell you, but jokic is a much better passer than trae, Most likely system/scheme related, but trae only ever hits a stationary target or lob, but jokic constantly find/create opportunities for his teammates in motion. Hopefully we'll see more of that w/ snyder.

To me this speaks less to Trae's passing ability and more to the offense we have run the last few years where most of the time all of Trae's teammates are either stationary or running to the basket.  So I would say describing Jokic as a "much better passer" is overstating things.  Jokic in Atlanta's 2020-21 offense is going to be getting his assists from hitting "stationary" or rim running teammates as well.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, dalamchops said:

@dalamchops  Do you know how freakin hard it is to nail that Lob while on the move?  Trae spends time nailing No Look Lobs  while on the move and you say... "Trae Only ever...."  

Jokic is great and will be a hall of famer but he's not a "much better passer than Trae"  GTFOH...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

@kg01 I’m playing this one out on 2K as the Heat. I rarely use them but I gotta see what @benhillboyloves about Yimmer FredButler. I personally think he’s been watching too many Michael Jordan “last dance and “I believe I can’t fly bs”… 

Ps Ben, your scrubs are on the brink, I need Lebum to push them off the cliff. 

@kg01 bathe 🛀 me.. I played as the Heat and got beat. :mellow: Hey, that rhymes, I’m a poet.. I feel sick :sarcastic:seriously bathe me.

Butler had 45 but not enough. 

Mitchell Robinson has his dream 2K game. 12/22/3/5/10 :huh: he owned me.

IMG_7631.jpeg

IMG_7630.jpeg

IMG_7629.jpeg

IMG_7628.jpeg

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

I don't think Jokic is a "much" better passer than Trae. They are close. I honestly think Trae and Joker are the two best passers in the NBA right now. I think Jokers overall IQ on both ends is higher than Trae's though. His IQ is Lebron tier. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, dalamchops said:

I don't think anyone in their right mind would argue that Trae is a better passer than Jokic.   Being tall and able to see/pass over your defender makes a world of difference when it comes to passing.