A quick word on other games.....

Diesel

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I gotta say, what just happened to the sixers in that game 7 made [what happens in prison] look tame in comparison.

That's as clean as I could get it. 🤓

@kg01what happens in prison?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Your mvp, ladies and gents...

I'd roll with limited-a** Cap'n Planet all day long over this overrated, finger-pointing, blame-shifting clown. 

I didn’t like what Harden said about Glenn and I’m definitely not down with this. Ya it’s a team effort but you set the tone mafcker and you been setting it while talking and now that you lose you just $hit all over everyone? 

@hazer I don’t watchu up to my man it’s been a minute but I know you wanted Embiid 3 years ago, do you still take him?

Embiid, Ayton, Towns, these are some physical dudes with some serious emo 🖤 issues and self awareness… ya I said it. :huh:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Omfg somebody force Ja Moron(t) to listen to about the 12:40 mark when they talk fake thugs.

Ask Big Herc. 

:laugh1: My friend introduced me to Big herc via YouTube during the pandemic.. the first videos were funny AF I was dying he kept it 💯. Ya, Ja has to visit these prisons like those shows where they take the wannabe tough teens and have them hostility a prison and wake the fck up. Honestly it might work. Only problem is he’s made it as far as money and fame already so he may not care.

I don’t like Ja as who he is but it’s a shame to have his attributes and talent wasted like this. 

Same with Zion.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Omfg somebody force Ja Moron(t) to listen to about the 12:40 mark when they talk fake thugs.

Yup! 12:07 if starts and 14:00-15:00 is awesome too, if Ja gets caught up, oh boy :huh:.

Ja also needs to watch dem Hook Mitchell YouTube’s hook from the yay where I’m from grew up with GP and Kidd n Antonio Davis and Greg Foster and  Brian Shaw and all but a life of crime landed him in prison.

I saw this thing like a decade and a half ago but still like it sometimes.

Dude was more athletic than Ja. Freak.

Sunday's game seven, 76ers VS Celtics came down to three point shooting in the third quarter.  Celtics played "Bombs away" as they hit, time after time.  Meanwhile, the 76ers had their shooters set up in the corners.  They shot, and missed, over and over.  

76ers had their shot attempts inside blocked and they missed all their corner shots.  28-3 run = the end.  If Tatum can continue to shoot the way he did Sunday, Celtics win the next eight and  get the ring.

GO HEAT!

:smug:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators

I didn't watch the game.  How in the heck do Embiid and Harden combine for just 5 points in the second half.  2 made baskets in the second half of game 7?   Harden only took 3 shots for crying out loud.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I didn't watch the game.  How in the heck do Embiid and Harden combine for just 5 points in the second half.  2 made baskets in the second half of game 7?   Harden only took 3 shots for crying out loud.  

Hard to play basketball while doing the cinnamon challenge (chokin'). 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

When I began watching, game tied 55-55.  Harden hit a three while the Celtics scored 28 points.  Embiid tried to go inside.  He was either blocked by Horford or he turned the ball over.  

Embiid and Harden had 9 turnovers for the game.  Celtics had 6 blocked shots and 7 steals for the game.  76ers missed all their three point shots from the corners while all this was going on.

Why Hardin didn't shoot?  I don't know.  Embiid tried.  He either lost the ball or Horford blocked his shot.

:ahf:

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Boiled down mostly to two players Lebron and Tatum.  Honorable mention to Jimmy Butler and Giannis. 

Another way to look at this is there are only 4 guys currently representing the team they took to the ECF: Tatum, Butler, Giannis, and Trae.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Boiled down mostly to two players Lebron and Tatum.  Honorable mention to Jimmy Butler and Giannis. 

Another way to look at this is there are only 4 guys currently representing the team they took to the ECF: Tatum, Butler, Giannis, and Trae.  

This is why I don't want overpriced centers. It's still a league for guards/wings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

That series pretty much confirmed everything I've already believed about Embiid and the primary reason I don't want him in Atlanta.  IGNORING his complete loser attitude and horrendous body language when things aren't going well -- which shows he's completely incapable of leading a team (if you didn't need more evidence than his exit interviews every season where he cannot help but mention his teammates need to be better) -- his conditioning has got to be close to worst of all time. 

The guy is playing only 38 minutes a game in a playoff series versus the title favorites, and he is completely gassed by the end of the third quarter, every game.  It was the same way two years ago in our series.  Simmons narrative took over but Embiid had historically bad fourth quarters and his lazy habits / lack of focus also led to A LOT of turnovers.  He doesn't have the physical or mental stamina for a gritty playoff series.  He never shows up in 4th quarters or game 7s because his conditioning can't handle it.  Boston exploited the fact he's out of shape by spamming him in the PnR and the series was effectively over as soon as they started.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is why I don't want overpriced centers. It's still a league for guards/wings.

100%, it's too easy to scheme against centers that are not good playmakers.  Jokic is elite because you cannot afford to double him.  His passing is crisp and extremely accurate -- there's not time to rotate and close out on shooters.  In the playoffs, the subtleties matter, and simply passing out of a double to an open guy is not the same as rocketing a pass into his chest so he can go into shooting motion immediately.  And obviously guys like Sabonis and Jokic also have great vision and instincts as well.  KAT would be a little better as he can space the floor but paying him $50M still makes me nervous as I think he will get abused defensively in the playoffs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, kg01 said:

Your mvp, ladies and gents...

I'd roll with limited-a** Cap'n Planet all day long over this overrated, finger-pointing, blame-shifting clown. 

Agreed 100% on sticking with Cap. I was shocked Embiid actually said that to the media. Again, THIS is conduct detrimental to the team. Count your blessings Hawks fans. The Hawks' current "leader" is still a work in progress, but I have never heard him throw his teammates under the bus like this. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Agreed 100% on sticking with Cap. I was shocked Embiid actually said that to the media. Again, THIS is conduct detrimental to the team. Count your blessings Hawks fans. The Hawks' current "leader" is still a work in progress, but I have never heard him throw his teammates under the bus like this. 

Have you seen the full quote?  I didn't think what he said was inappropriate or out of bounds when considered in totality.  He started with himself and said he had to be better. He then then said he and James needed to be better. And then he said that everyone on the team needed to be better.  Seemed like a normal statement to me.  

If I was a sixer fan, I'd be MUCH more concerned with the general lack of effort at the end of these games.  In Game 6, as soon as the celtics made their run, you started seeing Embiid just walking up the court without any urgency or fire.  THAT was their moment to answer and to win the series.  But he didn't seem interested.  That would be far more worrisome to me than his comments after Game 7.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Big Herc breaks it down here..

:laugh1: @hawkman this dude legit. He breaks it down pretty precise.. (I mean I’ve heard :er:). Not promoting homie he already has a lot of followers but I’ve heard other prison dudes on YouTube and they aren’t accurate at all. This dude is a professor 👩‍🏫 on “ish that goes down behind bars”… 

I wish somebody could forward this to Ja. :sad: 

ps Hawkman don’t get scared this isn’t the only thing I watch on YouTube … :batman: