• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Team USA 2023 FIBA World Cup (Trae Watch)

RedDawg#8

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Grant Hill

Ughhhhh HATE THAT GUY! 

Can we have a new rule in NBA ownership and representation please, specially in Atlanta. Sell the team to a dude that gives a crap about WINNING 🥇and let people in your organization who don’t play for all sides.

Hill sucks. As the person for us, outside of basketball he seems mellow I dunno but I hate him lol…

Thats all from headquarters :huh:

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'm rooting for Antarctica.  I trust their GM, aka @Spud2nique,

@kg01 is our starting PF. If you wanted to go for starting power forward.. don’t. Or go to the insiders I heard they got a soft one in saffffffff I KID!!! Calm down Ron! 

• Haha 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Did USA basketball change who was running the show after the last debacle?  That roster was ****ing terrible from the start and then the performance on the floor tanked to match the misguided "leadership."  Big changes should have followed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yep

Then Trae has no chance and the team is in some bad hands.  I still laugh at the choices made with that roster.  They got the result they deserved.  And now if they tank again the USA program will get what they deserve for going with completely unproven staff.  (Unproven if you don't consider them proven failures in the GM role.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, AHF said:

Who is running the show for USA basketball this time around?  Is it the same fools who ****ed up the roster last time?

some bozo named Grant Hill.  

• Moderators
1 hour ago, shakes said:

some bozo named Grant Hill.  

Yeah.  Putting someone with zero personnel or team building experience always works out well.  Hill should be glad he went to Duke and that people in the NBA offices like him because he sure didn't get that job by showing he could scout talent or effectively construct a team. 

Kerr has near zero on his resume in that area as well.  Arguably his best pick (Rudy Fernandez) he traded for cash.  He traded for a washed  up Shaq.  He drafted Earl Clark in the lottery.  He inherited a 61 win team and left them a team that had a losing record for years afterwards.  So if you are counting on his great track record to help guide the team with Hill's inexperience you are sorely mistaken.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, AHF said:

Yeah.  Putting someone with zero personnel or team building experience always works out well.  Hill should be glad he went to Duke and that people in the NBA offices like him because he sure didn't get that job by showing he could scout talent or effectively construct a team. 

Kerr has near zero on his resume in that area as well.  Arguably his best pick (Rudy Fernandez) he traded for cash.  He traded for a washed  up Shaq.  He drafted Earl Clark in the lottery.  He inherited a 61 win team and left them a team that had a losing record for years afterwards.  So if you are counting on his great track record to help guide the team with Hill's inexperience you are sorely mistaken.

You had me at F Grant Hill that pompous fake ass d bag.

• Moderators

Hill has been a fake owner for the Hawks for years.  Now he is a fake GM for USA basketball.  You should be able to throw darts and put together a better team than he did last time.  Limited role players should not apply.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

Hill has been a fake owner for the Hawks for years.  Now he is a fake GM for USA basketball.  You should be able to throw darts and put together a better team than he did last time.  Limited role players should not apply.

All of the BIG names will more than likely opt to play in the Olympics vs the FIBA tournament. So you'll see guys like Lebron, Embiid, Curry, KD etc on the team.

That FIBA team was a role player team, they deserve what they got.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2024 at 5:54 PM, AHF said:

Steph’s movement and shot has been carrying him for a decade now and  I always looked at Draymond and Iggy as the de facto coaches of that team.  Kerr is best as an assistant to the assistant in all those administrative roles, probably at his very best on TV.

• Like 1

• Moderators
22 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

All of the BIG names will more than likely opt to play in the Olympics vs the FIBA tournament. So you'll see guys like Lebron, Embiid, Curry, KD etc on the team.

That FIBA team was a role player team, they deserve what they got.

True but there didn’t have to be a role player on that team - certainly not ones beyond the level of JJJ.  I’m talking true role players on normal rosters.  Left a lot of talent sitting at home watching that team lose.

• Like 1