• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Team USA 2023 FIBA World Cup (Trae Watch)

RedDawg#8

6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Kerr doesn't like Trae and was with LP on the Trae is a problem train

Part of me believes that this agenda against Trae by Lloyd’s homies will continue until Lloyd lands another head coaching gig. Almost like they want him to suffer for as long as LP does.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
21 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Don't really have strong feelings about Trae's exclusion from the team or the fact we finished 4th, but it is kind of weird that people here are cheering against Team USA.  Like, I know national pride has been on a steady decline for decades, but I don't really understand rooting against our country -- assuming everyone here is American.

It takes a lot for me to root against a US team.  But I've done it on two occasions.  For one, I AWAYS root against the womens' national soccer team.    F those *******.  

And I happily rooted against team usa basketball this summer because of the blackballing of OUR favorite player.  F Grant Hill.

And I guarantee NO ONE has more team USA pride than me when it comes to sports.   I've worn that jersey and know what it means.

IMG_0639.JPG

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/15/2023 at 11:59 AM, macdaddy said:

Did you try to slip that in.  I guess we did technically draft Luka but not sure that qualifies as a 'tie'.

Haha! I’m using “ties” as “something (such as an idea, interest, experience, or feeling) that is shared by people or groups and that forms a connection between them  usually plural”. Regardless of if Luka never played for us, he does have a connection to us since we drafted him. His history includes the Hawks and is something others could use as fact. Same way Carmelo has ties with us when we traded for him, then bought him out. Was he productive as a Hawk… absolutely not. Was he a Hawk… absolutely.  :mmyes:

Edited by djjob23

• Premium Member
59 minutes ago, djjob23 said:

Haha! I’m using “ties” as “something (such as an idea, interest, experience, or feeling) that is shared by people or groups and that forms a connection between them  usually plural”. Regardless of if Luka never played for us, he does have a connection to us since we drafted him. His history includes the Hawks and is something others could use as fact. Same way Carmelo has ties with us when we traded for him, then bought him out. Was he productive as a Hawk… absolutely not. Was he a Hawk… absolutely.  :mmyes:

I expect him to wear a Hawks hat during his HOF induction ceremony.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

The 2024 Olympic team is expected to include such future Hall of Famers as LeBron James, Durant, Stephen CurryJoel Embiid and Jayson Tatum, but some of the All-Stars who publicly volunteered recently that they plan to play for Team USA won't be extended invitations. There's no timetable on a Holiday decision, but Hill and coach Steve Kerr have put a premium on the combination of Holiday's talent and temperament as a necessary component to build a gold-medal roster, sources said.

In the more physical FIBA game, Holiday thrived on the USA's way to the 2021 gold. He had a run of shutting down opposing guards in the final three rounds of the tournament that played a huge part in the Americans' championship.

Holiday, a five-team All-Defensive selection in the NBA, averaged 19.3 points for the Milwaukee Bucks last season. He also averaged career highs in rebounds (5.1) and free throw percentage (86%) for the Bucks, per ESPN Stats & Information. Holiday ranked in the top 5% in field goal percentage allowed as the closest defender last season among players to defend at least 700 shots, per Second Spectrum. Holiday arrived with the Celtics in a recent trade from the Portland Trail Blazers, who acquired him as part of the Damian Lillard blockbuster.

https://www.espn.com/olympics/story/_/id/38605997/sources-team-usa-pursuing-jrue-holiday-2024-games

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The 2024 Olympic team is expected to include such future Hall of Famers as LeBron James, Durant, Stephen CurryJoel Embiid and Jayson Tatum, but some of the All-Stars who publicly volunteered recently that they plan to play for Team USA won't be extended invitations. There's no timetable on a Holiday decision, but Hill and coach Steve Kerr have put a premium on the combination of Holiday's talent and temperament as a necessary component to build a gold-medal roster, sources said.

In the more physical FIBA game, Holiday thrived on the USA's way to the 2021 gold. He had a run of shutting down opposing guards in the final three rounds of the tournament that played a huge part in the Americans' championship.

Holiday, a five-team All-Defensive selection in the NBA, averaged 19.3 points for the Milwaukee Bucks last season. He also averaged career highs in rebounds (5.1) and free throw percentage (86%) for the Bucks, per ESPN Stats & Information. Holiday ranked in the top 5% in field goal percentage allowed as the closest defender last season among players to defend at least 700 shots, per Second Spectrum. Holiday arrived with the Celtics in a recent trade from the Portland Trail Blazers, who acquired him as part of the Damian Lillard blockbuster.

https://www.espn.com/olympics/story/_/id/38605997/sources-team-usa-pursuing-jrue-holiday-2024-games

What a mistake to leave those two in charge of the roster.  Neither has been a successful GM ever.  They bombed on the 2023 team.  Why leave them in charge?  

(This isn't to say that Jrue shouldn't be part of the team but the people making that decision should not be Kerr and Hill).

• Like 2

The thing that gets me is that they act like the physical play in FIBA occurs at all positions. 

No. It specifically occurs at your frontline positions.

Jrue, being a defensive guard, is not going to help our soft ass frontline rebound better. And most of the guards in FIBA are normally quick as hell, or can shoot the 3 at a high percentage.

Trae is simply going to have to beat everyone, just for him to get any sort of consideration for a Team USA spot.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Steve Kerr is ( possibly ) being exposed as an NBA coach

• Stan Van Gundy ( in the Warriors vs Nuggets game right now ) actually talking about how Kerr could just roll out the Curry - Klay - Green trio out and dominate people, but can't do it any more. So now he actually has to coach harder.

As if on cue, Warriors blow an 18 point lead with 6 minutes to go.

Curry looking like crap trying to play PG and facilitate, with a bad turnover with 4 seconds to go.  Only 2 points in the final 6 minutes with no made shots.

Now the TNT crew crying about the "help" the Warriors need.

And I forgot about Paul.  He's shooting bricks too.

2 hall of famers, and they blow an 18 pt lead

Kerr is a fraud.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

As if on cue, Warriors blow an 18 point lead with 6 minutes to go.

Curry looking like crap trying to play PG and facilitate, with a bad turnover with 4 seconds to go.  Only 2 points in the final 6 minutes with no made shots.

Now the TNT crew crying about the "help" the Warriors need.

And I forgot about Paul.  He's shooting bricks too.

2 hall of famers, and they blow an 18 pt lead

Kerr is a fraud.

The Warriors need 12.

12 for Draymond . . . straight up.

Easy deal.

On 1/5/2024 at 1:05 AM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The Warriors need 12.

12 for Draymond . . . straight up.

Easy deal.

Honestly I bet he would find a more comfortable pocket to exist in with the Warriors and would have better, or at least more consistent, play there than here. 

• Like 1