• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta, Mouhamed Gueye

NBASupes

37 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'd bet on JJ being both the better rebounder and passer this year.

Most likely due to playing time but per minute average I’m willing to make a wager Mo gets better numbers if he gets a chance.

I dunno what is it, I made a thread that I hope JJ proves me wrong and just comes in and does his thing and helps us win.

Last dude I was down on was Diaw, but then he went to the Suns and blew up so who knows. 

• Premium Member
47 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I understand the summer league doesn’t prove too much but we all saw the passes he was making. Honestly, I don’t think we have a big on our roster with his passing touch, at least from what I saw, super fluid and confident with the bounce passes and others too.

But perhaps you are right, when the sphincter gets tight, it may become harder. 🤷‍♀️ 

Loved EVERYTHING I saw from MoG in SL.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Most likely due to playing time but per minute average I’m willing to make a wager Mo gets better numbers if he gets a chance.

I dunno what is it, I made a thread that I hope JJ proves me wrong and just comes in and does his thing and helps us win.

Last dude I was down on was Diaw, but then he went to the Suns and blew up so who knows. 

Sure, I'm up for another month of avatar control if you are.  Given that the discussion is coming out of a disagreement as to whether JJ or Mo will be the better player this season, here is what I would propose:

Step 1 - If Mo fails to earn 200 minutes over the entire season I win (if he is better than JJ this year I think this is a given)*. 

Step 2 - If he plays 200 minutes (which I'm suggesting as a minimum to avoid crazy small sample rates like Donovan Mitchell's 2022-23 team leading 18.0 RB/36 rate) it moves to the comparison of the per minute numbers.  If Mo has the highest rebounds per minute and assists per minute, you win.  If JJ does, then I win.  If they split, it is a push.

* You don't lose on the basis of him failing to get the 200 minimal minutes if he suffers a major injury that prevents him from playing more than half of the season.  This is purely meant to cover a scenario where JJ is getting minutes and Mo isn't which imo would reflect the judgment of the coaches on who is the better player this year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, AHF said:

Sure, I'm up for another month of avatar control if you are.  Given that the discussion is coming out of a disagreement as to whether JJ or Mo will be the better player this season, here is what I would propose:

Step 1 - If Mo fails to earn 200 minutes over the entire season I win (if he is better than JJ this year I think this is a given)*. 

Step 2 - If he plays 200 minutes (which I'm suggesting as a minimum to avoid crazy small sample rates like Donovan Mitchell's 2022-23 team leading 18.0 RB/36 rate) it moves to the comparison of the per minute numbers.  If Mo has the highest rebounds per minute and assists per minute, you win.  If JJ does, then I win.  If they split, it is a push.

* You don't lose on the basis of him failing to get the 200 minimal minutes if he suffers a major injury that prevents him from playing more than half of the season.  This is purely meant to cover a scenario where JJ is getting minutes and Mo isn't which imo would reflect the judgment of the coaches on who is the better player this year.

I like the bet, I’m a bit concerned that we might leave him in the G league the whole year. I mean, 200 minutes isn’t a ton but if he’s not even in the building then it kinda blows for me. Personally I think he should get some burn 🔥 seeing that we didn’t really add too many pieces this summer. I mean, we have a need for him and 2.4 minutes on average would take him to 200 min in an 82 game season. He’s bound to get about 0-4 minutes depending on blowouts, injuries etc. 

Dang, I like it, my only hesitation is if he will be even given an opportunity THIS year. Based on his play, he should find court time…

Let me think on this one… since you already have a month control of my shiny new JJ avatar 😂.

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I like the bet, I’m a bit concerned that we might leave him in the G league the whole year. I mean, 200 minutes isn’t a ton but if he’s not even in the building then it kinda blows for me. Personally I think he should get some burn 🔥 seeing that we didn’t really add too many pieces this summer. I mean, we have a need for him and 2.4 minutes on average would take him to 200 min in an 82 game season. He’s bound to get about 0-4 minutes depending on blowouts, injuries etc. 

Dang, I like it, my only hesitation is if he will be even given an opportunity THIS year. Based on his play, he should find court time…

Let me think on this one… since you already have a month control of my shiny new JJ avatar 😂.

I figure when he plays he should average about 5 minutes a game and so playing 40 games is enough but I hear you.  I feel better about all our young players getting a chance to earn their way onto the court with Quin in charge rather than Nate.  But my personal guess is that he doesn't see the floor much and the minutes go to returning players and not because Snyder is ignoring him but because he is a rookie who may need a year in the G-League to get his legs under him.  But I'm firmly on the side of JJ being the better player for this season.  My hopes for Mo are more long-term than short-term.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

My hopes for Mo are more long-term than short-term.

Same, he seems like a kid that’s mature enough to understand he will need some refinement in his game, but from what I see, he’s got a lot of skill for the game of basketball. 

I will say even though I’ve said it before. I played tennis 🎾 early on as well as soccer. I don’t know what it is about playing various sports but it gives you a sense of “feel” and “vision” to make 🏀 a lot easier.

It’s funny but Gueye has a lil Pascal in him, cagey wasn’t too far off! 😂 

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Gueye>JJ 😐 🏃‍♀️ 

8 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You should start a thread if/when Gueye gets some NBA minutes or he shows out in the GLeague (like JJ did). 🤓

Seriously Spud....you should make your official thread. @TheNorthCydeRises started his JJ>Hunter/Cam thread in the offseason of JJ's rookie year and Dre/Cam going into their 3rd year. So it would be most appropriate. 🤓

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/6/2023 at 5:18 PM, Spud2nique said:

Barring injuries to the rotation, G league is the best place for him. He's not going to get many minutes behind JJ/Hunter/Bey.

Hawks depth chart per ESPN - 

image.png.8a9ff3f650b037b85686a6c19c308359.png

Per yahoo sports

image.png.7aa8b08e222f90182db2787d0fd71c13.png

Both sites have Gueye as 4th on the depth chart at both positions.

Not saying they're right but just saying he's got to climb over 3 bodies to get playing time.  That only happens in blowouts.

Lets also remember that players in the NBA are bigger in aggregate than players in Summer League. He's really skinny compared to other NBA players. He's got to gain at least 20 lbs to not break in half out there.  

Gueye 6'11, 210.

JJ 6'8, 220 (when last year started....he's bigger now).

Bey - 6'7" 215"

3 inches taller but 10 lbs lighter or 4 inches taller, 5 lbs lighter means he's going to get pushed around down low.

• 1 month later...

M. Gueye has a regular NBA contract, not a 2 way.  Will he stay up or go to Skyhawks?  When does G League begin?  Quin did make it a point to get him in pre-season games.  If he goes to Skyhawks, Quin knows what he is capable of.

Summer League and pre-season is past and gone.  From here on they count.  

10/25/2023 Hawks @ Charlotte.  Wonder which 15 will be available for Atlanta?  Excitement ahead !!

:peanut-butter-jelly-time:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

M. Gueye has a regular NBA contract, not a 2 way.  Will he stay up or go to Skyhawks?  When does G League begin?  Quin did make it a point to get him in pre-season games.  If he goes to Skyhawks, Quin knows what he is capable of.

Summer League and pre-season is past and gone.  From here on they count.  

10/25/2023 Hawks @ Charlotte.  Wonder which 15 will be available for Atlanta?  Excitement ahead !!

:peanut-butter-jelly-time:

GL starts November 10th.

I think Mo will spend ample time in GLeague. I want him to dominate and build his strength.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...