• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta, Mouhamed Gueye

NBASupes

• Premium Member
On 9/6/2023 at 3:57 PM, NBASupes said:

JJ keeps massively improving. As long as Gueye does the same, I would agree. I still think JJ got the perfect 6th man skill-set like a Lamar Odom. Gueye is just different. He can do so much.

If he ever plays.  

Gueye is a beast I ain’t and didn’t sleep on him like I did JJ and Kobe Buf a bit. 

Plus.. and this is a big plus, Burd, Cagey and the man the myth and the legend himself @Gray Mule have been on board with Gueye so he passed every test possibly including and specially the eye 👁️ one. He got some pretty game doh. Long strides, smooth skillset. He gets stronger and it’s game on! 

Wow, to think we found JJ late in the first and Mo in the 2nd, who the heck we think we are now, the Spurs of the early 2000’s? 🧐 😆 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Premium Member

I hope he can develop into a solid bench guy.  I'll be honest I don't have an eye for bigs that will be good in the NBA, so I would really like to watch him get some minutes later this season.

1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

I hope he can develop into a solid bench guy.  I'll be honest I don't have an eye for bigs that will be good in the NBA, so I would really like to watch him get some minutes later this season.

He looked great in SL so I am hopeful but development is needed for sure. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Wow, to think we found JJ late in the first and Mo in the 2nd, who the heck we think we are now, the Spurs of the early 2000’s? 🧐 😆 

Faqts!

And we got folks out here tal'mbout tankin'!!

Tank for whut?!

We need to have folks out here tal'mbout 'scout' and 'player devel'. 

🧐

• Like 2

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Faqts!

And we got folks out here tal'mbout tankin'!!

Tank for whut?!

We need to have folks out here tal'mbout 'scout' and 'player devel'. 

🧐

In fairness, the Spurs started their championship run by having a playoff level team, getting a big injury, leaning into it to tank the rest of the year, and then taking that core player in the lottery that was the foundation for the rest of their success.  Strategic tanking is part of the Spurs DNA.  Don't tell me they were trying to compete last season with the way they designed their roster.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, AHF said:

In fairness, the Spurs started their championship run by having a playoff level team, getting a big injury, leaning into it to tank the rest of the year, and then taking that core player in the lottery that was the foundation for the rest of their success.  Strategic tanking is part of the Spurs DNA.  Don't tell me they were trying to compete last season with the way they designed their roster.

True but, in fairness, these tankapalooza's want us to tear it all down.  Nothing strategic about that. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I got a chance to check out a little bit of the CP Skyhawks vs. Cleveland game last night on TV.   First.. The floor is immaculate.  We have some players down there.   Namely... I like what I saw with Mo and Miles.  Aj is where he needs to be, his stroke ain't bad.   Vit.. I can see why they brought him back but his shooting was off last night.   Our young fellas have good potential. Especially Mo and Miles.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

Well, the reason he hasn't played is because he has had a pars defect in his lumbar spine, otherwise known as a spondylosis.  These can become very unstable if they don't heal properly.  If it shifts, it becomes a spondylolisthesis and can cause nerve impingement.  So, he hasn't played because they have been letting this heal.  I once kept a local athlete out of action for 6 months after finding a pars defect on MRI.  

That's interesting! What ended up happening with the athlete?

6 hours ago, kg01 said:

True but, in fairness, these tankapalooza's want us to tear it all down.  Nothing strategic about that. 

I see it more like what Dallas did last year.  There are people who want a full rebuild of our roster but I think those are the trade Trae guys.  

To me there is benefit of tanking to try for a top 3 pick with the new lottery odds.  Also, giving minutes to guys like Kobe Bufkin so they can learn on the job without needing to win.  

If we're gonna play to win, I'm cool with that.  But I don't think the majority of the pro tank crowd just want to "tear it all down."

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, KB21 said:

Well, the reason he hasn't played is because he has had a pars defect in his lumbar spine, otherwise known as a spondylosis.  These can become very unstable if they don't heal properly.  If it shifts, it becomes a spondylolisthesis and can cause nerve impingement.  So, he hasn't played because they have been letting this heal.  I once kept a local athlete out of action for 6 months after finding a pars defect on MRI.  

Thanks!  I learned something today.  

• Like 2