• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta, Mouhamed Gueye

NBASupes

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I really would like to see a lineup of Bufkin/Griffin/JJ/Gueye/OO in the preseason. 
I know JJ is a PF but I would like to see a big lineup like this with 2 perimeter shooters, a point forward a PF with 3 pt shot and OO.

Sounds fun to me.

But wouldn't get my hopes up, given the situation where the new-ish head coach is trying to install his stuff, right?

And goodness gracious, let's give Good Eye the benefit of reduced expectations, and at least let the kid get through Summer League before presuming he's gonna be a 2023-24 asset... and even then.... being patient. He does light up a highlights reel, but when he's not good... all the other stuff... let's just say his room for growth is just as vivid.

To the JJ as point forward thing, tho.... very, very intrigued to see if Quin looks to experiment there in a way that most coaches probably wouldn't. Seriously adds a whole other dimension to this roster if it proves fruitful.

I noticed all of his blocks are man to man or chasedowns. He doesn't attempt to block shots as a rim or paint protector. I don't even see the instincts there for that right now. 

His has really quick feet and hands. I would love to know how many deflections he gets. 

His rebounding is almost all athleticism. I don't see any rebounding instincts at all. Looks like guys like De'Andre Jordan, Josh Smith, and Dwight Howard when they entered the NBA. 

His shooting form is consistent, once he gets a lot more reps, he could be a lethal shooter. The touch is there. 

He doesn't have a quick first step but he's quick. Because of his great hands and feet, he's able to do moves only the most advanced can do. 

I was extremely impressed with the actions of Washington State. A lot of NBA sets they run. He is doing big responsibilities that only playmakers get. If you really watch, he gets a ton of secondary assists. He's a playmaker and is used as such. 

While he has broad shoulders and should be able to put on weight, he's still very light and it shows. 

His post skill is impressive. He can score in a lot of ways, just isn't inconsistent at it yet. 

The more I watch, I think teams completely missed on him. If your player development is just average, he should be a starter in 3-4 years and a potential all star in 4-5. He should have been a 1st rounder. 

He's a 4. There is no chance in hell he could be a 5 in the NBA. He just doesn't do the things off the ball you need from a 5 at all. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 4

This is a good one to watch. I always love Utah State. They play some of the hardest sets to defend in MBB. High iq players and they react exceptionally well as well as they space the floor extremely well. You get to see him in switches in this game. 

• AHF changed the title to Welcome to Atlanta, Mouhamadou Gueye
  • Moderators
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Now you misspelled it. 

Mouhamadou Gueye is the former Pitt center. 

Mouhamed is the correct spelling. 

Thanks.  Looks like Basketball Reference has it wrong right now:

image.png

• Like 1

• AHF changed the title to Welcome to Atlanta, Mouhamed Gueye

COULD IT BE POSSIBLE?

Our 2nd round pick, Gueye, is tall and talanted.  We can see this in the film we have watched.  I notice he is listed as a PF and not a center.  Hawks have flushed their PF and now may have an opening.  Could it be possible that Gueye can stay with the Hawks and get a few minutes in the games in the regular season?  Normally we expect him to be a Skyhawk this upcoming season.  

He's young and very green as a basketball player.  Hawks finished at .500 last season.  We must improve and I believe that we will.  There is no room now for this rookie.  But, there is a chance that he stays and plays.  Not a lot.  Keep an eye on this player in summer league and pre-season.  Hawks may have stolen this player.  I can dream!!

🧑‍🔧Building!

• Like 3