• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta, Mouhamed Gueye

NBASupes

Consolation prize.  I wanted the big center from Duke.  He was gone when the Hawks got to #15.  But they traded up in the 2nd round to get this player.  If he is half as good as he appears to be in our film, we may have just nabbed the steal of the entire draft.

Final_Quest, I agree.  Hawks have two very good chances to have impact players from the 2nd round.  Lets do two!

:peanut-butter-jelly-time:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m extremely happy we didn’t draft Gradey {male parts}.

Can you imagine..

Gay D!ck???

That’s too much for anyone to take…

Trying 

so

hard

to keep it together. 

Must

not

give 

in

to

Spud’s

volley.

5EDC4638-8BC7-4CB8-9656-4ECF00286F62.gif.2f891b36218a5f5c2cb907477a222b70.gif

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

MoGeeee!

Ok I don’t wanna sound Hawk biased or anything, but I like him. How did he slip to 46. Or, perhaps the other dudes around that range are just as good? I mean this kid has a lot of skill, some not even terribly raw at all. Just speed, reps refinement and he is something rotation-able and nice for us.

He might be my fav 2nd rounder since Salim baby Stouda.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

His skillset is exactly what this roster needs. I really hope his ability translates. 

He’s good right? I mean, I guess I gotta check out the other bigs picked around 46 or anywhere in the draft. International soccer involved kids translate to basketball very nicely as we’ve seen in the past with Hakeem, Nash, etc.

Agree though, the skillset is something we lack on this roster. Hope he sticks.

I mean, is it me or are a bunch of his post moves better than bigs already on our squad? 

• Like 2

I don't see how he can become a 5 at 212 with a frame that looks like it will max out at 230 but I if all goes well, he can be special. He's not as good as Siakam was as a prospect and he doesn't have a skill set yet whereas Siakam was a hustle stud who can rebound and run the open court exceptional well. 

Gueye flashes elite potential on both ends. He kinda can do it all in theory but in reality, he still kinda sucks which makes sense considering this is only his 5 year playing basketball and 4th playing organized Basketball. 

He's more athletic than Siakam, much more of a slasher, better at moving although Siakam was better at moving without the ball. Loves setting screens. Can play the short roll. Dynamic finisher. Explosive. Niffy handles for size, tremendous feet, soft touch, tremendous hands, he just isn't a good Basketball player right now. He has terrific skills for someone with such limited experience. He's taller, longer, but not as fast or fluid as Siakam. He has so much development that he needs to do but he can be special. 

Siakam - https://www.nbadraft.net/players/pascal-siakam/

Gueye -

https://www.nbadraft.net/players/mouhamed-gueye/

https://deanondraft.substack.com/p/which-ncaa-prospects-get-to-the-rim

Of the 2nd round guys, Bates, G.G. Jackson, and Gueye have the biggest bags but Bates is too unathletic, Jackson feel for the game and maturity is really bad, and Gueye is probably the most raw of the three while having superior gifts to the 3. 

I gave Atlanta an A for effort with this pick as honestly, he's not anywhere near as good as Siakam coming out and he's likely UDFA guy impact wise but his talent and ability if developed, he could be the best player on the Hawks and a top 10 NBA player but that really is going to stake on himself, the Hawks player development which during Bud was the best in the NBA, solid under LP, and awful under Nate. Interesting to see how player development will look like under Quin and Landry. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I watched that video with my Hawkrose glasses and I'm thinking....is this kid for real or am I just seeing 'something' cuz he's now a Hawk?

Im no scout, but the highlight reels of him are impressive. I see passing, shooting, dunking, a touch around the basket, shot blocking. But it's often tough for these 2nd round guys to break through.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Im no scout, but the highlight reels of him are impressive. I see passing, shooting, dunking, a touch around the basket, shot blocking. But it's often tough for these 2nd round guys to break through.

From a skill, athletic, and physical stance, he might be the best player we have ever drafted. From a consistency, polish, readiness stance. He's close but better than Pape Sy who is still the worst player I've ever seen get any minutes in a NBA game ever. I am always shocked as to how the Hawks drafted him. BK made some bad picks, really bad picks but that was the worst. 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

From a skill, athletic, and physical stance, he might be the best player we have ever drafted. From a consistency, polish, readiness stance. He's close but better than Pape Sy who is still the worst player I've ever seen get any minutes in a NBA game ever. I am always shocked as to how the Hawks drafted him. BK made some bad picks, really bad picks but that was the worst. 

Consistency is so important to make it in the NBA. You cant be out there screwing up. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, bleachkit said:

Consistency is so important to make it in the NBA. You cant be out there screwing up. 

A lot of it is reps too. Sometimes consistency is bad because you have decision making issues like Josh Smith but you can normally see that in assist to turnover ratio as well as shot selection. Guys with bad shot selection tend to be inconsistent. On defense for bigs, inexperience can play a major role. It's double for him, I see him making bad decisions on D and he doesn't have the instincts on D yet but he flashes upside with quick hands, strong hands, and he's quick off his feet with an excellent 2nd jump. Physically, he's an athletic marvel. Just doesn't really know how to play Basketball yet. At least at a high level.

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Check out his game log https://www.tankathon.com/players/mouhamed-gueye

31 points, 12 boards on 14-21 shooting against USC. Not bad!

The highlights was impressive too. He dominated the game. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2