• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta, Mouhamed Gueye

NBASupes

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, NBASupes said:
23 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

A lot of it is reps too.

What I'm looking at in these videos are his feet. I like them 🤓.  Playing only 4 years with this footwork already is impressive.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Sothron said:

For someone with only 4 years of playing basketball it is just short of amazing to see what he could do on the court. His footwork and ball handling are very good. He has good athletic ability. He likes to set screens and roll to the basket. He has a wonderful soft touch on his shooting.

He will probably spend all year in the G league and that's not a bad thing. He is raw but he has real skills. I can't remember the last time I was this excited about a Hawks 2nd round pick.

We don't draft 2nd rounders with much upside ever. Edy was the last time we went boom or bust in the 2nd round and only John Drew and Doc Rivers were legit starters as 2nd rounders for Atlanta. d*ck Synder had a great career. Paul Silas and Willie Nulis is our best 2nd rounders ever but mainly played in St. Louis. 

I am still proud of our development of Mike Muscala and Mike Scott. It's always nice when 2nd rounders become rotational players. Most of the time, they don't stick in the league more than 3 years. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 4

Depending on how our front court situation shakes out this coming season, I wonder if we might get a little bit of that sizzle we got from Nathan Knight his rookie season. 
Not comparing players, but how much fun it was to watch them flash in limited minutes. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What I'm looking at in these videos are his feet. I like them 🤓.  Playing only 4 years with this footwork already is impressive.

Ironically yes his footwork is very fluid but I was more impressed by his vision. Most bigs aren't good with passing out the post or in general at times but he's passing off the dribbles and all. 

I didn't realize he was that skilled but he really has a complete package and if developed properly which I believe we should. A definite still at the #39 pick and if not mistaken got him from the Celtics(rivals) at that!

He's wearing #35 and really slick reminding me of Durant in that manner but I believe most of you all got it right with the Siakam comparisons.

If Lundy pans out too which I believe he could in the right system (hopefully ours), we could definitely change the narrative as far as our drafts in the 2nd round goes.

The thing that makes all our draft picks stand out to me this yr besides their talent is their maturity. They're more posed than your typical wide eye rookie and they seem to mean all business and have a strong love for the game. 

If they all pan out this draft may in hindsight be talked about for yrs to come.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
On 6/22/2023 at 11:35 PM, warcore said:

I like him! We don't have an offensively gifted big. It'll be interesting to see what Quin can turn him into. 

More like what the CP head coach... whoever that ends up being... can turn him into.

But yeah. High ceiling there, but a whole whole whole lot to work on, if/when you watch the Spinella video on him. I'm not sure he gets any more than a cup of coffee with the big league club this first season. Did I mention there's a whole lot to work on?

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bird_dirt said:

Nathan Knight

Btw... since the name came up... wouldn't sleep on Nate, if Bruno ends up getting included in a deal and if MIN doesn't pick up their team option.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What I'm looking at in these videos are his feet. I like them 🤓Playing only 4 years with this footwork already is impressive.

years of soccer give one a leg up translating to basketball. I didn't start playing basketball until 7th grade but played soccer all my life before that. By 8th grade I was being recruited for AAU teams and scouts typically mentioned my footwork. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

We don't draft 2nd rounders with much upside ever. Edy was the last time we went boom or bust in the 2nd round and only John Drew and Doc Rivers were legit starters as 2nd rounders for Atlanta. d*ck Synder had a great career. Paul Silas and Willie Nulis is our best 2nd rounders ever but mainly played in St. Louis. 

I am still proud of our development of Mike Muscala and Mike Scott. It's always nice when 2nd rounders become rotational players. Most of the time, they don't stick in the league more than 3 years. 

Let's not forget Fast Eddie Johnson... technically a 3rd (!) rounder, but if memory serves, named to at least one ASG in the 70s.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
22 hours ago, Sothron said:

For someone with only 4 years of playing basketball it is just short of amazing to see what he could do on the court. His footwork and ball handling are very good. He has good athletic ability. He likes to set screens and roll to the basket. He has a wonderful soft touch on his shooting.

He will probably spend all year in the G league and that's not a bad thing. He is raw but he has real skills. I can't remember the last time I was this excited about a Hawks 2nd round pick.

He actually knows how to play the game too. He has little subtleties to his game that vets usually have. Pump fakes, not rushing a move, setting up his moves with jab steps and knowing when to do all of that.  

• Like 1