• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

27 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Surprise Landing Spots for NBA's Most Rumored Trade Targets

Paul George to Atlanta

Buzz about Paul George potentially being moved picked up a little steam recently, following an FnA Podcast appearance by veteran NBA reporter Howard Beck, in which he said the eight-time All-Star is "certainly available."

"They're not trying to give him away, but they are trying to pivot, and they do have, I think, a franchise-wide frustration with the way that this era has gone," Beck added.

Lack of availability is a concern with George, and there's a good chance that impacts his trade value, but he could still be a difference-maker for a number of teams.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10080663-surprise-landing-spots-for-nbas-most-rumored-trade-targets

I would offer Capela, Hunter, Gay and the SAC 2024 1st) for PG13 and Zubac
Hawks remain under the tax!
LAC also reduces their Luxury Tax bill further after the Gordon release.
Start OO, Zu the backup.

Trae/Bufkin

DJ/Bogi

PG13/AJ

JJ/Bey

OO/Zu

Who plays the 30-40 games George is going to miss?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Paul George to Atlanta

Buzz about Paul George potentially being moved picked up a little steam recently, following an FnA Podcast appearance by veteran NBA reporter Howard Beck, in which he said the eight-time All-Star is "certainly available."

"They're not trying to give him away, but they are trying to pivot, and they do have, I think, a franchise-wide frustration with the way that this era has gone," Beck added.

Lack of availability is a concern with George, and there's a good chance that impacts his trade value, but he could still be a difference-maker for a number of teams.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10080663-surprise-landing-spots-for-nbas-most-rumored-trade-targets

Start OO, Zu the backup.

Trae/Bufkin

DJ/Bogi

PG13/AJ

JJ/Bey

OO/Zu

ugghh how many more miles does PG even have left. 13 years is a lot.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

Last 4 years:

DeAndre Hunter 51.5 average games played per season

Paul George 47.25 average games played per season

We better have a Plan B under either scenario.

Thanks. Saved me the touble.

40 minutes ago, AHF said:

Last 4 years:

DeAndre Hunter 51.5 average games played per season

Paul George 47.25 average games played per season

We better have a Plan B under either scenario.

Hunter has youth on his side.  

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Hunter has youth on his side.  

Right.  Just saying if you are counting on Hunter to play 70 games or something then you are betting against his track record.  You need to assume he is missing 20+ games a year until he strings together some 80 game seasons.

If I have to bet on whether PG plays more games or Hunter, I'm betting on Hunter based on age as you note.  But you need to have a backup plan for when Hunter is hurt regardless.  He has just missed significant stretches of games every year of his career (and broke his wrist in college as well so that is 5 of 6 years with age on his side).

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Paul George to Atlanta

Start OO, Zu the backup.

Trae/Bufkin

DJ/Bogi

PG13/AJ

JJ/Bey

OO/Zu

Don't you have to wait like 60 days before you can aggregate a recently traded for player in a trade again? Or has that gone away within the new CBA?

OR, could we expand the JC deal to be a 3-teamer to try a pry PG from LA?

Paul George to Atlanta

Start OO, Zu the backup.

Trae/Bufkin

DJ/Bogi

PG13/AJ

JJ/Bey

OO/Zu

Don't you have to wait like 60 days before you can aggregate a recently traded for player in a trade again? Or has that gone away within the new CBA?

Paul George to Atlanta

Start OO, Zu the backup.

Trae/Bufkin

DJ/Bogi

PG13/AJ

JJ/Bey

OO/Zu

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Not sure, but good point.

Rolling into JC trade?  probably, but do we still get the full TPE value. I haven't checked.