• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

2 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

OO starts at the 4. B/U signed via MLE.

KAT plays the 4 on offense and OO takes the tougher match up on defense. 

Trae/DJM/Hunter/OO/KAT

Still gotta have someone..I'm ok with whoever goes..just can't have the rookies backing up

23 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Yah, don't take anything I say on AJ as a knock. He's going to have a good career, but JJ's extremely young and has skills you can't teach.  That makes him valuable.  An improved 3 point stroke makes him a terrifying cover for most 4's.

I see a world where JJ is pump faking at the 3 point line to get his man in the air, blows by him to attack the basket for an and 1.  JJ is Toppin with handles and vision. He's just not done baking yet.

Depends on the toppin’s…

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BangHolman said:

I would rather trade Jalen than either Okongwu and AJ, and one has to be included in the deal. Okongwu and KAT is a dream pair.

totally agree there... if they could keep all three some how tho 

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

You'll come around on Jalen. His ceiling is extremely high.

Can we please just keep all three?  They all play different roles.  Hunter and Capela somewhere and they send assets to Minnesota (if we just HAVE to have this KAT feller).  Indiana supposedly wanted Hunter. Maybe they will send an expiring Hield to Minnesota to put a shooter next to Edwards.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
50 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Well that's the thing, It's hard to trade a star unless they want to be traded. Their agents can easily kill the teams leverage, just as Siakam has done, by declaring he wont sign an extension. Or they stating they will only accept such and such a role with the new team, etc. If KAT tells Trae Young he's not interested in coming to Atlanta, then guess what, that trade is dead. That's just how it goes. 

The one I can remember easily: Blake Griffin got traded from LAC to Detroit that no one saw coming........at the height of Lob City. And this was after just signing a big deal.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
On 7/5/2023 at 10:13 PM, KB21 said:

It’s because he is limited to defending the paint only.  He can’t guard on the perimeter.  

Still, IMHO it would be a huge mistake to have him dealt until the trade deadline. We must see what Quin's plans for CC are. 

I'm in no hurry to get rid of one of the best rebounders in the league. 

8 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

The only players that should be traded are Hunter and Capela

Y'all need to stop trying to trade theyoung guys (AJ & JJ) That's actually asinine  and shows that some of y'all have absolutely no foresight

I'm higher on JJ than any of our young guys.  He is a freak and can do pretty much everything.  We finally gave him some consistent playing time and he produced.  Quin seems to love him also. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, BangHolman said:

AJ is a flamethrower from 3 that can score at all 3 levels. If this KAT deal goes through, he's more valuable for team building when it comes time to trade and replace Bogi.

Apt... 🙌🏾

In regards to the convo about Trae and our future...

I don't think anyone is more excited to FINALLY have a talent like Trae, but I don't doubt for a second the authenticity of the information @thecampster brought to light.  The day we brought in Quinn, we all understood how things would be changing.  Now consider that DJ is giving up money (which is just wild) and we're going after a Tier 1 big man with a MASSIVE contract.  There is a crazy amount of talent, money, and our future talent pool tied up in getting a team around our guy.  If this goes down, and I'm pretty sure it will, then it's time to do something. 🤐

That being said, Trae has ATL on his back.  There's no way you can trade him without things being really ugly on the court and without things getting really ugly off the court too.  The stars would have to align (in a bad way), but I would assume nothing less than a MASSIVE haul coming back to calm the riots.

• Like 2

• Admin
53 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Yah, don't take anything I say on AJ as a knock. He's going to have a good career, but JJ's extremely young and has skills you can't teach.  That makes him valuable.  An improved 3 point stroke makes him a terrifying cover for most 4's.

I see a world where JJ is pump faking at the 3 point line to get his man in the air, blows by him to attack the basket for an and 1.  JJ is Toppin with handles and vision. He's just not done baking yet.

All I have been taking from your posts is that it is AJ going not JJ.  We will have to go get some shooting if they is the case 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

The only players that should be traded are Hunter and Capela

Y'all need to stop trying to trade theyoung guys (AJ & JJ) That's actually asinine  and shows that some of y'all have absolutely no foresight

Has nothing to do with anyone wanting to trade the young guys. We ALL would agree with keeping them and moving Hunter and Capela only. But there are two sides to every trade, and I promise you teams see exactly what we see regarding the talent/upside of players. The demand for Hunter is not there. This is not 2k where we can just match salary and hit send and the other side accepts it as a fair value. The same reasons we WANT to move Hunter/Capela instead of the youngsters are the same reasons teams WANT the youngsters and not Hunter/Capela. Capela is in a slightly different category as there apparently more demand for him.

Either way, there is a means to every end. You have to  give to get. If you want something of high value then you must sacrifice something in return. 

None of us are happy about losing anyone. I personally will miss Bey and JJ if they are moved. They were huge assets for us. This was always the business plan though. Draft well, develop talent, and hopefully be able to make moves for proven stars. We have tried the other approach for 20 years with nothing to show for it. It's time to let go and hunt big game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, capstone21 said:

All I have been taking from your posts is that it is AJ going not JJ.  We will have to go get some shooting if they is the case 

Not necessarily. I was simply comparing them because someone said deal JJ before AJ.  They bring different value but upside is on JJ's side. To that there is no doubt.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

I'm higher on JJ than any of our young guys.  He is a freak and can do pretty much everything.  We finally gave him some consistent playing time and he produced.  Quin seems to love him also. 

Who played the most in the playoffs?

22 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

💯 

• Admin
19 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Not necessarily. I was simply comparing them because someone said deal JJ before AJ.  They bring different value but upside is on JJ's side. To that there is no doubt.

I hate to lose either as they both bring important things to the team … our bench was solid but now we wilL have to replenish 

• Like 1