• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

9 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Go back and read your posts from a few days ago. You sounded pretty sure we were getting KAT. You were practically celebrating. Now you are dismissing it as mere rumors. Ok, sure buddy. 

Actually I was not, but whatever make you feel better, champ!

No disrespect to our insiders but it just doesn't add up. KAT is a great offensive talent and horrendous defensive player. Sometimes it's painful watching this guy play defense. He appears to be a great person off the court but he simply isn't a winning player IMHO. I would be hesitant to acquire the $250-300 million in a player who can't stay healthy. That's business malpractice. By the trading deadline their could be a couple of big time players available.  We have to be patient and ready to strike when these players become available. Now is not the time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TRW said:

No disrespect to our insiders but it just doesn't add up. KAT is a great offensive talent and horrendous defensive player. Sometimes it's painful watching this guy play defense. He appears to be a great person off the court but he simply isn't a winning player IMHO. I would be hesitant to acquire the $250-300 million in a player who can't stay healthy. That's business malpractice. By the trading deadline their could be a couple of big time players available.  We have to be patient and ready to strike when these players become available. Now is not the time.

The whole reason they sold the farm for Gobert is because they though he could protect KAT. KAT is really bad on defense, one of the worst big men in the league in that regard. 

24 minutes ago, TRW said:

What players do you expect to be possibly available? 

35 minutes ago, TRW said:

This is part of the reason why Siakam is the FO number 1 choice and it’s well known that Towns isn’t great defensively.

I think the hope is that Synder and staff can strategically keep KAT near the goal in majority defensive sets to limit his horrible feet defensively. If we land KAT in a trade I’d imagine that there will be a lot of zone defense with some switching added when necessary for positions 2-4. 

We might not be a significantly better team with KAT. In the 8 seasons he's been in Minnesota, they have only had a winning record three times. In those three winning years they were a 1st round exit each time. Not putting all the team struggles on him. But he hasnt been able to elevate the wolves beyond mediocrity. 

• Like 1

Just now, bleachkit said:

We might not be a significantly better team with KAT. In the 8 seasons he's been in Minnesota, they have only had a winning record three times. In those three winning years they were a 1st round exit each time. Not putting all the team struggles on him. But he hasnt been able to elevate the wolves beyond mediocrity. 

I feel torn here. I’m with you because I’ve said the same thing for the past 5 years but  the rumors out there he could be a Hawk makes me wanna defend him now. 😂 But if he stays a 🐺 I’ll prolly keep bashing him. His D is quite horrendous.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Kind of like KG's career in Minny.  But at least they consistently made the playoffs, but never got out of the 1st round until they got Spreewell and Cassell.

Then KG goes to Boston and immediately becomes a NBA Champion, playing a slightly lesser role, and alongside 2 other Hall of Famers.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Kind of like KG's career in Minny.  But at least they consistently made the playoffs, but never got out of the 1st round until they got Spreewell and Cassell.

Then KG goes to Boston and immediately becomes a NBA Champion, playing a slightly lesser role, and alongside 2 other Hall of Famers.

KG was an absolute beast on defense.

• Like 2