• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

In the new system, a 2/3 will be interchangeable outside of JJ and Gueye who will be 4/3, Gueye maybe 3/4. We are showing you exactly what we want from 4s. Defensive switching is everything. 

Yeah, keeping JJ and Gueye would be good. They could do the Onyeka, Bruno pairing at center which I think they will do. Bruno has been engaged with the team at summer league.

Capela and Hunter have been no-shows.

I think Gueye will be real good. Don't know the ceiling but he has some good tools already.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Either way, Hunter/Collins going out and Siakam coming in leaves us one starting wing shy.  I would have assumed Bey would fill that hole, but if he also goes out in the deal, we are going to have a tough decision to make.  Bogi could theoretically start but we'd be really undersized.  Other option is moving JJ into the starting position but I don't think he's ready.  I can't see how we ship Bey out without having a big hole.  Our 3/4 depth is lacking.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Either way, Hunter/Collins going out and Siakam coming in leaves us one starting wing shy.  I would have assumed Bey would fill that hole, but if he also goes out in the deal, we are going to have a tough decision to make.  Bogi could theoretically start but we'd be really undersized.  Other option is moving JJ into the starting position but I don't think he's ready.  I can't see how we ship Bey out without having a big hole.  Our 3/4 depth is lacking.

Could be Bey stays.. no clue yet but I'm sure Capela Hunter going out someway so just plan for those holes for now. 

Wouldn't be surprised if the extend Siakam right after trade. Not sure if they can do trade and extend or not.. Hell, they do in in the MLB and that's why the Braves rolling now.. (Olsen and Murphy) I'm sure JayBird gonna come swoop in

Edited by theheroatl
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
Just now, marco102 said:

You don't realize it, but you are talking yourself into why KAT makes sense. 

I'm not, I promise lol.  Role players can come and go but establishing a core of Trae/KAT on supermaxes is signing up for a bottom 5 defense perennially.

1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

I'm not, I promise lol.  Role players can come and go but establishing a core of Trae/KAT on supermaxes is signing up for a bottom 5 defense perennially.

Could be, but the roster still makes more sense trading for him than either Brown or Siakam. You can't really argue that point.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Coaching.  Also, Hunter is going to be a part of the deal so it would probably be Bey over him.

21 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Coaching.  Also, Hunter is going to be a part of the deal so it would probably be Bey over him.

It's not that easy. Poor rebounding is not something that people can expect a coach to easily be able to cover up.

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

In the new system, a 2/3 will be interchangeable outside of JJ and Gueye who will be 4/3, Gueye maybe 3/4. We are showing you exactly what we want from 4s. Defensive switching is everything. 

Who are these interchangeable 2/3's on the roster? Bogi and Griffin? Because I don't want to have to rely on either of them for their defense.

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I have to point out Hunter is the main piece for either KAT or Siakam. He knows this. Capela also knows he is being shopped around as well as a third trade partner to help make those other deals happen.

I called this last page, does that mean I move from outsider to insider?

Or maybe I got my hand stuck in the door

Edited by theheroatl

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

Got an update:

Siakam and KAT are the main two targets. Team would rather have Siakam because his defense is better than KAT's (I love KAT and can't argue this). It sounds like Toronto is willing to accept a more fair deal for him. It also sounds like Siakam is willing to stay in Atlanta. Hunter would be the main piece we send to Toronto.

One source said "it might be getting spicy soon in the ATL" so take that FWIW. 

Dang I have wanted Siakam here for two years.  If he doesn't work out I definitely will be eating some crow.  

Will really give it to the FO for bringing in two top NBA talents with DM and Siakam in two years.  Next will be adjusting the role players to suit a big 3.  So cool!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Got an update:

Siakam and KAT are the main two targets. Team would rather have Siakam because his defense is better than KAT's (I love KAT and can't argue this). It sounds like Toronto is willing to accept a more fair deal for him. It also sounds like Siakam is willing to stay in Atlanta. Hunter would be the main piece we send to Toronto.

I'm hoping for more of a Meow Super GIF - Meow Super Troopers - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Got an update:

Much prefer siakim to Kat!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I told ya'll the Siakam deal wasn't going to end. Toronto wants to move him and Atlanta wants to add him. It's just the terms. 

I wonder if our pursuit of KAT is what pushed Toronto to see common sense. Too early to say for certain until we trade for someone.

• Like 3