• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Oh ok, I didn't know

Well, we didn't post it, I just wanted to make you feel bad.  Did it work?

In all seriousness, someone did mention it earlier.  Raptors boards noted it as well, although, they also seem to think we're trading them all our youngsters to rent Siakim. 

Edited by kg01
  • Like 1

Pacers Pursuing Pascal Siakam

July 10th, 2023 at 3:49pm CST • By Rory Maher

There has been increased talk around the NBA about the Raptors moving Pascal Siakam, with the Pacersviewed as a “legitimate trade contender” for the star forward, league sources tell Marc Stein at Substack.

The Hawks are another team that has been repeatedly linked to Siakam, Stein notes, and other unknown teams are likely in the mix as well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Pacers Pursuing Pascal Siakam

July 10th, 2023 at 3:49pm CST • By Rory Maher

There has been increased talk around the NBA about the Raptors moving Pascal Siakam, with the Pacersviewed as a “legitimate trade contender” for the star forward, league sources tell Marc Stein at Substack.

The Hawks are another team that has been repeatedly linked to Siakam, Stein notes, and other unknown teams are likely in the mix as well.

Substack?  Are the sources always organic and fresh?

• Premium Member

the cynic in me feels the Hawks and Raps are engaging in trade talks to show the other side how serious they are about making another trade in the interest of driving up or down the package coming back to Toronto.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

the cynic in me feels the Hawks and Raps are engaging in trade talks to show the other side how serious they are about making another trade in the interest of driving up or down the package coming back to Toronto.

Well I mean that's part of the game. Creating the appearance of leverage. Hopefully LF doesn't cave. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Well I mean that's part of the game. Creating the appearance of leverage. Hopefully LF doesn't cave. 

Certainly I think Masai and the FO know what THEY need to do, they just make so few trades and drag their legs to the door that I’m not surprised this is dragging on.

If you look at their trade history most of their work is done at trade deadline trying “win” deals.

The Pacers and Stein bit seems completely fabricated. Stein keeps getting further and further from being clue’d in and you can tell because he references Fischer’s work and he used to have his sources cluttered around the Mavs FO.

Im interested in the mechanics of the whole trade situation whether this one or the Spurs last year. It seems there could be some generally accepted process that GMs and they assistants use to submit frameworks, get feedback, the other team does due diligence and starts examining alternatives, the 1st team checks in, and so on.

im sure there are some freewheeling going on but I’d venture to guess there are “frameworks” being sent back and forth and posturing.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, theheroatl said:

Certainly I think Masai and the FO know what THEY need to do, they just make so few trades and drag their legs to the door that I’m not surprised this is dragging on.

If you look at their trade history most of their work is done at trade deadline trying “win” deals.

Hawks are definitely not one of those organizations that feels like they absolutely have to win every trade they make. Sometimes you gotta make a deal, even if it isn't necessarily a clear win.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Hawks are definitely not one of those organizations that feels like they absolutely have to win every trade they make. Sometimes you gotta make a deal, even if it isn't necessarily a clear win.

Yep and that makes 80% of the league easier to deal with than the idiots like Morey, Ainge, and Masai who act like babies. I bet there are many FO’s that are just genuinely friendly and will make stand up moves like Presti making the Mills swap. Im sure Presti was like sure why not and people respect him that they can throw a SGA trade at him and he’ll entertain the idea just for convo. I’m sure Pelinka is friendly for example. Just a guess at an example.

Id like to hear these guys talk in a room about business just to get an idea about it. I guess there might be YouTube videos out there or something of trade negotiations.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I dont know, I just went to his page and there's a photo of him in a Hawks uniform. 

https://www.instagram.com/drehunter/?hl=en

He just unhid those pictures. They stay there but he can unhide them it’s how Instagram works. At this point im sure he was just honoring his dad

Edited by theheroatl

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I dont know, I just went to his page and there's a photo of him in a Hawks uniform. 

https://www.instagram.com/drehunter/?hl=en

I'm gonna go with: he was informed of the framework, emotionally stripped all hawks-related photos, and then his agent was like "hey that trade might not actually happen" and then he added back that one hawks photo lol

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Naz, Stewart, and Poeltl have all gotten between $14m-$20m AAV over 3-4 years ...

What does an extension for OO look like?

It will probably be similar to Dre’s contract since he was drafted two slots below Dre and factoring in inflation. 

• Like 1