• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I doubt it since this seems to clearly be another smokescreen coming out of Canadia.

Exactly. Why is he smokescreening with teams that normally wouldn't be smokescreening with like Knicks, Mavs, Nets, etc. Normally big market teams are the best to smokescreen with.

Edited by theheroatl

24 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Looks like Masai got disappointed that Atlanta isn't raising their offer and the lack of offers dragged up with the Indiana intentional leak, now he trying squeeze more. 

Masai door 2 door’in it! 

image.gif.bb607ed1ec75b115f3c339acf7d59d5f.gif

• Haha 4

Just now, Spud2nique said:

I honestly think he personally hates Boston as a city 🌆 and it’s people as a whole.

I totally get it.

Is there not a point where there simply isn’t much difference between $180-200 million and ~$250 million?  What is the marginal utility?  Don’t emotional and social quality of life have significant value? Unless you are creating a substantial nonprofit, it would seem the additional wealth would have diminishing value.  Maybe I’m just ignorant…maybe both…

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Looks like Masai got disappointed that Atlanta isn't raising their offer and the lack of offers dragged up with the Indiana intentional leak, now he trying squeeze more. 

He's trying to create an artificial market.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

What even would the Magic trade? Franz, Carter, Anthony(Cole), and picks? 

This one feels like the obvious "this is a negotiating tactic" type of inclusion. 

I mean, Paolo/Pascal/Black isnt a terrible place to build off of, but thats almost a 10 year gap in ages, with not a whole lot else around them. 

• Like 1

Just now, Afro said:

What even would the Magic trade? Franz, Carter, Anthony(Cole), and picks? 

This one feels like the obvious "this is a negotiating tactic" type of inclusion. 

I mean, Paolo/Pascal/Black isnt a terrible place to build off of, but thats almost a 10 year gap in ages, with not a whole lot else around them. 

Wow — Carter and Franz would be a coup for an expiring contract.  

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

I would completely understand; however, this team a year older with a huge coaching staff upgrade + Mills and - JC is at least better than last year.  I’m not saying that this means we should be satisfied.  Just don’t force a move… stay the course.  

This is tantamount to running it back like we did last year minus Gallo and didn't adequately address the PF and C positions.

• Like 3

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

He's trying to create an artificial market.

Storefront 🏬 (possible counterfeit goods)

Sincerely, (OOOOHHHHHHH MARCUS DONT HIT)

image.gif.99ac6286ffad63f29365d2b95ce2decf.gif

2 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

@Diesel boy. Franz and Hanz 

6 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

I'm sure I am missing something that the more in depth posters could mention, but it doesn't make a whole lotta sense.

If you include Franz, it makes sense for the Raptors, but not so much for the Magic. 

If you dont include Franz, it makes sense for the Magic, but not for the Raptors. 

Idk what else would really be an option. Fultz? Suggs? Why would the Raptors want that? 

Edited by Afro

20 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I doubt it since this seems to clearly be another smokescreen coming out of Canadia.

As bleach stated, it's a cold spot.... they gotta build fires to stay warm, even in the summers. And where there's fire, there's smoke. 

May there always be, smoke over Canadia. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

Is there not a point where there simply isn’t much difference between $180-200 million and ~$250 million?  What is the marginal utility?  Don’t emotional and social quality of life have significant value? Unless you are creating a substantial nonprofit, it would seem the additional wealth would have diminishing value.  Maybe I’m just ignorant…maybe both…

Good point. I think at some point, it becomes about ownership opportunities vs how much luxury you can afford. 

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Afro said:

I'm sure I am missing something that the more in depth posters could mention, but it doesn't make a whole lotta sense.

If you include Franz, it makes sense for the Raptors, but not so much for the Magic. 

If something doesn't make sense, it's probably not true.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

I understand the appeal of KAT but we were like #7 offense last year with JC broken shot, no spacing from Capela, and midrange Murray— not to mention outdated offensive principles from Nate.  More offense at the expense of defense does not feel like the direction to go… especially at center.  Imo its way easier to coach guys into an offensive scheme that gets them them better looks, better efficiency, than it is to teach defensive instincts and awareness.  So team Siakam for me

I think KAT is the better fit offensively, but he's also absolutely terrible defensively.  KAT also doesn't have the best reputation as a worker.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I think KAT is the better fit offensively, but he's also absolutely terrible defensively.  KAT also doesn't have the best reputation as a worker.  

Considering he would ultimately be the highest paid player on the team, this is not the way.