• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Moderators
21 hours ago, Sothron said:

Reminds me of a classic Kids in the Hall skit where one guy won't stop using "ascertain" in any and every conversation and his boss orders him to stop using it.

Underrated show for sure.

8 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

My cousin-in-law's coworker's nephew is a big TWolves fan.  He just unfollow Karl Anthony Towns on Instagram and gave Patty Mills a follow.  It's good as signed.  

Never thought I'd see KAT fan fiction.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Underrated show for sure.

I thought every episode of Kids in the Hall had a few really funny skits and then a few that were total duds.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, shakes said:

I thought every episode of Kids in the Hall had a few really funny skits and then a few that were total duds.   

Call of duty was my favorite..glad I didnt put COD lol

Edited by ABH

18 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

I’m waiting for that outsider drop ……………………….

image.jpeg.490285f0a5a247091f88878a74c39112.jpeg

Was working on it 'til the cell block got a 'random' search.  @Spud2nique's iPhone got confiscated again.  He'll be out of solitary in a couple hours I guess.  

5 minutes ago, warcore said:

Gonna hafta wait a few more days. I'm packin' up to head out to the mountains to check on Sturt. If anybody needs me, just whistle real loud. 

And warcore was never heard from .. again......

It's so haaard..to say goodbye ... to yesterdaa-aayy.... 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, shakes said:

To be fair, that applies to pretty much every skit comedy show.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Sothron said:

I did get an update but I'm waiting to hear from the other insiders before I comment further.

I am waiting impatiently for you to delineate what the update is for today.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member

I wonder if we have the framework in place and agreed to, and the only thing we are still doing siligence on is Siakam's willingness to re-sign.  Maybe getting him comfortable with his role, etc. before pulling the trigger.  Or trying to sort out third team dynamics to make sure we get value out of Capela simultaneously.  Or maybe Toronto is still slow playing it to get their fan base ready as they are a fickle group.  I still feel confident it's going to happen... logically, it makes too much sense for all parties.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I wonder if we have the framework in place and agreed to, and the only thing we are still doing siligence on is Siakam's willingness to re-sign.  Maybe getting him comfortable with his role, etc. before pulling the trigger.  Or trying to sort out third team dynamics to make sure we get value out of Capela simultaneously.  Or maybe Toronto is still slow playing it to get their fan base ready as they are a fickle group.  I still feel confident it's going to happen... logically, it makes too much sense for all parties.

This is very likely correct.  If Capela is included, I hope we receive value as if we made two separate trades.  Another unlikely theory is that Atlanta caved into giving Bufkin and we must wait the remainder of the 30 days.

• Like 2

From the Raptors perspective I think they want: 

Poetl-Barnes-OG-GTJ-Schröder

The timelines relatively fit, it’s just the Raptors tried to make a market for Siakam and they’ve done a horrible job managing the situation. If I were then I would’ve leaked that the Nets, Knicks, and Mavs were competing for him.

if they go into camp with him that would be a huge FO failure.

Keeping him due to not getting a “home run” trade is absolutely idiotic management.

Edited by theheroatl

Siakam gives us so much more than JC, but am just worried about the team 3pt shooting.  Trae isn't a great 3pt shooter, neither is Murray, nor Siakam, nor OO.  With all those guys getting big minutes I just feel like teams are going to pack it in on us and force us to make threes.  Much like this past season, we will be very inconsistent with shooting.  When we hit we will win, when we don't we won't.  

All that said, hopefully he is good enough of an upgrade over JC that all this won't matter.  And hopefully Trae gets his 3pt shot back and DJM works enough on his 3pt shooting to continue being a threat.  

And no way CC can play with this squad IMO.  But then if we lose CC our rebounding is going down the drain, and who the heck backs up OO?

We also have to extend Siakam and he's probably going to get BIG money, which is why i don't see any reason to prioritize him over KAT.  They are both going to have huge contracts.

Lots of risk here especially if we give up a young prospect, but probably worth it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AtLaS said:

Siakam gives us so much more than JC, but am just worried about the team 3pt shooting.  Trae isn't a great 3pt shooter, neither is Murray, nor Siakam, nor OO.  With all those guys getting big minutes I just feel like teams are going to pack it in on us and force us to make threes.  Much like this past season, we will be very inconsistent with shooting.  When we hit we will win, when we don't we won't.  

All that said, hopefully he is good enough of an upgrade over JC that all this won't matter.  And hopefully Trae gets his 3pt shot back and DJM works enough on his 3pt shooting to continue being a threat.  

And no way CC can play with this squad IMO.  But then if we lose CC our rebounding is going down the drain, and who the heck backs up OO?

We also have to extend Siakam and he's probably going to get BIG money, which is why i don't see any reason to prioritize him over KAT.  They are both going to have huge contracts.

Lots of risk here especially if we give up a young prospect, but probably worth it.

Yea we can't shoot the three ball. It's gonna be our Achilles heel, no doubt about it. 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

Quin just gonna run 3-pointer camp for 3 months to get everybody in shape. Think 3 point contest every day with all the starters.

OO is a 3 point shooter, don't @ me

Edited by theheroatl