• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

Today's question is: If OO is traded to NO, should we retain Capela or trade him to another team? I appreciate the OO/DJ trade, which will provide us with two picks in this draft (not ideal for this draft) or serve as leverage for another significant trade.

44 minutes ago, AHF said:

NO should feel some pressure to make a deal.  They need some change on their roster and BI is 100% gone after next year.  Every team in the league knows they MUST move him.  They have no leverage other than the competition between teams so it will come down to how many teams are going after him and how hard they are willing to go.

… then we should be able to acquire Ingram for role players and contracts.  (e.g. Hunter, AJ, etc.). If he isn’t an impact player, why would we want him taking up so much cap space?

14 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

Today's question is: If OO is traded to NO, should we retain Capela or trade him to another team? I appreciate the OO/DJ trade, which will provide us with two picks in this draft (not ideal for this draft) or serve as leverage for another significant trade.

Maybe we can grab a big in the draft (e.g. Clingan, etc.)… Capela as our only and best big would be tough.

Hunter becomes extremely tradeable if we get Ingram. Unless we think he can play the 2.

PG-Trae

SG-Hunter

SF-Ingram

PF-JJ

C-Capela?????

We go from being undersized to one of the biggest starting lineups in the league with Ingram-Murray trade. We get a switchable C who can stretch the floor and we can be a sleeper contender next year.

1 hour ago, Jody23 said:

I would prefer the Hawks not trade OO (in this alleged deal).

Thank you, OO should go anywhere unless it’s for someone really special.

10 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Hawks also prefer to keep Onyeka. He is a big chemistry guy in the locker room and his spacing will be very much needed in a world they get Ingram 

Yup

5 hours ago, GameTime said:

Hunter becomes extremely tradeable if we get Ingram. Unless we think he can play the 2.

PG-Trae

SG-Hunter

SF-Ingram

PF-JJ

C-Capela?????

We go from being undersized to one of the biggest starting lineups in the league with Ingram-Murray trade. We get a switchable C who can stretch the floor and we can be a sleeper contender next year.

Been saying that Hunter should be playing the 2 for years now.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sothron said:

Mild updates?

All of my sources agree that Herb Jones is going nowhere. Pelicans don't want Capela, they want OO and DJ and as @NBASupes has said the sticking point is we want the LAL pick. Someone will blink first on this. My guess is it is the Pelicans because they are frankly closer to contending if they make this trade than if they sit o on their hands.

While I’d love to get Herb out of NO…this is still a good trade deal in my opinion. I don’t think we are losing on this deal.

7 hours ago, ryandauwalker said:

If NO blinks first, what does the deal look like?

OO and DJ for BI, Dyson Daniels, LAL 1st and 21?

7 hours ago, Sothron said:

Tentatively connecting dots on my end here but yes

Yeah , that’s a good offer in my opinion. I just don’t see NO trading herb especially at his salary it doesn’t make sense. We also have good value in OO at his salary but if we can get those first rd picks for OO , it’s worth really looking into moving OO.

• Like 1

You are really stretching things to make it look like Ingram would be a good acquisition.  He’s a bad fit because he’s not a spot up jump shooter nor is he a POA defender.  You resign him to a contract that gives him what he’s going to want, and you will have a sunk cost.  You will not be able to move off the deal without taking another bad deal.  

Even if he were to completely change his shot profile and become mostly a spot up shooter who takes 50 plus percent of his shots from three, he’s still a bad defender.  

The Hawks should put the screws to New Orleans and demand Jones to be included, particularly if they have to give up OO in the deal.  They also need to find a third team to take Ingram.  

If no Jones, then trade DJM to SA for picks and a TPE and go after Isaac Okoro in a SNT deal.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The Hawks should put the screws to New Orleans and demand Jones to be included, particularly if they have to give up OO in the deal.  They also need to find a third team to take Ingram.  

If no Jones, then trade DJM to SA for picks and a TPE and go after Isaac Okoro in a SNT deal.  

The current trade, which includes OO and DJ for BI, Dyson Daniels, as well as LAL's first and '21, is viewed as a favorable deal. Although losing OO and not acquiring Jones is a downside, the benefit of having two draft picks this year and two next year (SAC/LAL) is significant. Moreover, if LBJ departs from the Lakers, their chances of making the playoffs in the West diminish, thereby increasing the value of that pick.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

The current trade, which includes OO and DJ for BI, Dyson Daniels, as well as LAL's first and '21, is viewed as a favorable deal. Although losing OO and not acquiring Jones is a downside, the benefit of having two draft picks this year and two next year (SAC/LAL) is significant. Moreover, if LBJ departs from the Lakers, their chances of making the playoffs in the West diminish, thereby increasing the value of that pick.

At the stage where we are at: Player over Pick(s) for me [and I'm not talking about just the trade value received].  Unless we are turning around and immediately using the picks acquired to improve the team for the NOW.

We are still waiting for the pick we got for Huerter to have some ON COURT value that contributes to winning.

• Like 2

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Hawkish said:

… then we should be able to acquire Ingram for role players and contracts.  (e.g. Hunter, AJ, etc.). If he isn’t an impact player, why would we want him taking up so much cap space?

Not necessarily.  All it takes is two teams who want him.  The leverage that NO packs is they can’t credibly threaten to keep him.  He is GONE for a fact after next season.  They are buying into Murphy over him.

But he remains a mid-20’s volume scorer which tends to be a profile that gets overpaid in FA and desired in trades.  But if a team thinks that there aren’t multiple bidders who have a similar value for him, there is zero reason for them to raise their offers.  He is gone by the deadline, imo.  He could be a S&T candidate after next season but I have trouble imagining any deal where NO would be able to match incoming salary.