• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

33 minutes ago, Afro said:

I stopped on page 296 so Ive got some more pages to go....

But IF its Giannis....you just do that. 

What do we hope JJ becomes? How far off of that is Giannis, who already is that.

What do we hope Sarr becomes? Same thing. 

The extra firsts suck, but to me, its kind of a no brainer. Giannis is what we hope these players/assets become. Tell the Bucks thank you and go to the next step lol. 

I am sorry, I just cannot get behind this deal.  We have seen what happened to Brooklyn and Phoenix when they put all of their eggs in the basket.  Think about it, the reason why the C's is in the top of the league is because the draft capital they got from Brooklyn and same with Houston now.

It is fun to pair them together but what is the cost, you are one Trae or Giannis injury from being in the lottery but with no control of those picks.  I rather trade Trae, feel out any good offers for Murray and the rest of the Hawks.  There is nothing wrong with going with OKC route.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, mountainjim said:

not much left for a next step - a couple of trades, then no picks forever.

Maybe one good playoff year but nothing sustainable without picks going forward. Or so it seems to me. 

Which is why Landry likely will not do it.  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

I am sorry, I just cannot get behind this deal.  We have seen what happened to Brooklyn and Phoenix when they put all of their eggs in the basket.  Think about it, the reason why the C's is in the top of the league is because the draft capital they got from Brooklyn and same with Houston now.

It is fun to pair them together but what is the cost, you are one Trae or Giannis injury from being in the lottery but with no control of those picks.  I rather trade Trae, feel out any good offers for Murray and the rest of the Hawks.  There is nothing wrong with going with OKC route.

The Suns put ALLL of their eggs in the basket and had nothing else. The Hawks wouldnt be completely devoid of talent outside of three guys. 

The Nets picked three terrible fits. Of course putting 3 giant divas together ended in disaster(with a complete rookie as HC too lol). 

This has happened more than just these two times. I dont know why we have to solely focus on those two examples, when there are several more. 

As far as the pick/OKC route. I'm sorry, I'm just not going to agree with you there. The OKC route has largely already sailed too. To be OKC we would have started doing this WITH a rookie Trae. This team hasn't shown any ability to completely build through the draft, really ever? I don't understand why people are so gung-hoe to completely reset and do it all over....again. 

In almost every era of the Hawks in my lifetime we've said "well once we can get a real star/another star.....". That moment is here and now we want to do something different? 

Edited by Afro
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

I hate when work gets in the way Squawking...finally caught up. Strangely enough, I have no comment except....just don't screw it up Hawks....whatever the 'it' is.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Wretch said:

Yeah......I'm probably gonna check out.  I don't believe all the rumors, but something about all this doesn't sit right with me.  I've spent way too much time on the Squawk these last couple of days anyway.

@Sothron, if I'm not lurking here... I'll hit you up on FB for updates you're allowed to share.

Don’t leave Wretch!

there are still corn dogs here for you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

IF Giannis were to become available, gotta think OKC and the Spurs would be first in line to make that trade. Unless Milwaukee is just in love with Sarr, they’ll outbid us. 

That’s what I’m thinking. We could put a decent package together with Sarr, JJ, plus whatever else we could throw in, but there will be other teams that could offer more. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jdawgflow said:

Don’t leave Wretch!

there are still corn dogs here for you.

Yeah, if @Wretch leaves I'm going with him.

😩

:Baze: Psst, if he's gone he won't know if you keep postin'..

Shut up Baze, that's why I got my fingers crossed behind my back. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

That’s what I’m thinking. We could put a decent package together with Sarr, JJ, plus whatever else we could throw in, but there will be other teams that could offer more. 

The issue is the picks we can legitimately offer are years away.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

If we decide to go all in on Giannis, I will be at State Farm and excited, although that deal will make me nervous about the future. 

I get it, but we're always looking to the future for our youngs guys to take the next step. Since we drafted Trae, not one of our other lottery picks have come out the box ready to make some noise from day 1 like he did.

Giannis has a 3+1 deal and will be 32 - that would be our window. Trae wouldn't even be 30 yet.

[And I'm not saying we should, but I would get it if we did...I just think it'sa pipe dream though].

But again...it can't be just trade for Giannis and do nothing else with the roster.

• Like 1