• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

10 hours ago, Dragitoff said:

I'm still not seeing how salaries match up with the potential deal for Giannis. 

Giannis $49m

Capela $22m
Jalen $4.5m
#1 pick $10m

TOTAL $36.5m

We'd need to add a little more salary to that wouldn't we? 

Can we give them Hunter? PLEASE

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, JustSomeGuy said:

Can we give them Hunter? PLEASE

Unfortunately Cleveland or Milwaukee would not take Dre probably lol 

If we attach a pick, maybe flip him for Caruso

Edited by theheroatl
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

Height wasn't really the big issue. DJM is just not great at the 2, Mitchell is a perennial All Star at the 2.

Yeah Mitchell is definitely a 2 more so then a 3. He doesn’t play anything like a 1 and he’s pretty stocky guard.

i lived in Kentucky when Donovan was at Louisville and he played defense in college but never got the rep in the NBA. In my opinion when you look at the teams he’s been on, he’s never played with another player who can just flat out get buckets …so perhaps not having the offense all on his shoulders would help his defense …just a thought.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, JTB said:

Yeah Mitchell is definitely a 2 more so then a 1. He doesn’t play anything like a 1 and he’s pretty stocky guard.

i lived in Kentucky when Donovan was at Louisville and he played defense in college but never got the rep in the NBA. In my opinion when you look at the teams he’s been on, he’s never played with another player who can just flat out get buckets …so perhaps not having the offense all on his shoulders would help his defense …just a thought.

Edited “more so than a 1”

10 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Mini me backcourt that doesn’t defend would get destroyed .. . Trae and Mitchell not a good fit

I can’t disagree. Just wouldn’t be shocked if Mitchell wouldn’t mind coming here. I can see him being one of our trade targets. Maybe not a top 2 trade target but can definitely see him being discussed with a Trae, Mitchell, Sarr trio.

So this is where everyone has been hiding. 🫣 I’m caught up. The talk is The Don I see. Isn’t that what some folks called Fuka on FakeGM? :huh: I digress. 

The Don.. Spida 🕷️ or Engine 45, whatever you prefer to call him would be a nice pairing in the backcourt with Trae despite the small stature backcourt. Size matters, nobody denies it, BUT, there are a few dudes in the league who play BIGGER than their height and 🕷️ would be the president of that club. 6’3” but I’d say he play as tall as 6’7”. He has too much muscle 💪🏿 and quick twitch fiber to get beat on defense, not only that but he has way too much HEART 💜 for it. 

He’s never played with anyone as talented as Trae. This would be a dynamic backcourt, specially offensively but if our mini GP 🧤 Trae keeps learning the different nuances of defense and playing passing lanes as he did so well this year, it’s not going to be weak at all. 

Different era but 🧤 had Hersey Hawkins as his backcourt mate and I believe Hersey was 6’4”? Don’t quote me on that but he wasn’t a tall dude at all. Again different era but somewhat relatable. 

He has worked with Quin for the first handful or so of his years in the league. Obviouslt comfortable with him and from what I remember they had a good relationship.

He’s been to the 2nd round a couple times in his career but again the best player he’s ever played with is Gobert so. 

He’s got 💜 and IT.

I would consider it for sure. What’s the 💲?

DJ/Bogi/Hunter?

I would include OO if I had to but wouldn’t include JJ. 

PG Trae

SG- 🕷️ 

SF- ?

PF-JJ

C- Sarr

I got his shoes 👟 about 5 years ago, why not? 😆 🚂 #45

IMG_5076.jpeg

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, theheroatl said:

Maybe Donovan wants to reunite with Quin

Speaking from someone that remembers those teams and how Donovan talked about him, he truly loved playing for Quin.

I would question the fit with Trae.  I know Mitchell is consider one of the top defensive SGs in the NBA and is overall a top 2 or 3 SG in the NBA.  He's a great player and I like him a lot.  I'm not sure it would work any better than DJM defensively.  I guess it would depend on what they put around them.  

The idea of JJ, OO, AS, Mo and Hunter as the front court is intriguing and would provide a lot of defensive versatility that you would need if you are playing Trae/Donovan backcourt.  

What would a deal with Cleveland even look like?  I would guess it would be a 3-team with NOP, sending DJM to NO, Mitchell to Atl, and Ingram to Cleveland as the primary pieces. Cleveland would probably demand more for Mitchell (rightfully so) so maybe we send Bogi out?  Then we get Dyson Daniels from NOP and NO gets Strus from Cavs?  Then add picks to Cleveland and maybe that gets it done?  I don't know but I think it works financially.  

Would y'all like a team that looked like this:

Trae / Bufkin

Mitchell / Daniels / AJ

Hunter / Vit 

JJ / Mo

OO / Sarr / Bruno

I would still want to sign a guy like Okoro with the MLE (or with the TPE) and then add another couple of vet bigs that are reliable.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I would question the fit with Trae.  I know Mitchell is consider one of the top defensive SGs in the NBA and is overall a top 2 or 3 SG in the NBA.  He's a great player and I like him a lot.  I'm not sure it would work any better than DJM defensively.  I guess it would depend on what they put around them.  

IMO, Mitchell is the BEST shooting guard in the league, better than Booker. 

As for defense, I think that is a serious question but they will absolutely need Sarr, JJ, and an absolute stud at PF on defense.. think the best PF defender

• Like 2

Mobley is the Cavs Center of the future. Any trade with them probably has to start with Jalen Johnson. Imagine they'd want a SG in return too so probably Bogi. Cleveland is in a similar position as us with another team owning all their picks, so they need to stay competitive.

They'll also assuredly want picks back as well.

Edit: Mitchell has a player option after next season so very very risky for any team who trades for him.

Edited by ShooterSays
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2