• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Free Agency 06/30 at 6PM

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

I can't give any personal takes on it unless it happens. If it doesn't happen in the next few days, I'm guessing a week, just my take on how it was worded, then you can ask what happened. My guess will be the other team(s) pulled out or their ownership(s) nixed it.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, GameTime said:

I actually like a OO-KAT duo. They compliment each other well.

I just don't like KAT at all defensively.  If you were to do a deal similar to what was mentioned above where DJM is going out and Capela is going out, you are essentially surrounding OO and Hunter with Trae, Bogi, and KAT.  If you trade Hunter and have a line up with Trae, Bogi, Saddiq, and KAT, dear lord that's a bad defensive unit.  

That's a group that can flat out shoot though.

Edited by KB21

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

I can't give any personal takes on it unless it happens. If it doesn't happen in the next few days, I'm guessing a week, just my take on how it was worded, then you can ask what happened. My guess will be the other team(s) pulled out or their ownership(s) nixed it.

Ok that’s fair. Thanks! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Fake/real insider so take it as you please. But it does make sense.

Looks like fan fiction.

Something big will happen soon, can’t announce it yet. Involves multiple players. Can’t say anything else until an official announcement, if it doesn’t come the other side backed out.

Hey look I’m an insider!

Edited by theheroatl
  • Haha 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

From what I am hearing we should emphasis SHOULD have a trade announced over the next few days that hasn't been announced/leaked already. 

Kind of reading between the lines, but I think the key is that this isn’t a player who hasn’t been rumored for us but instead a package we haven’t seen rumored for a player who has been linked to us?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I just don't like KAT at all defensively.  If you were to do a deal similar to what was mentioned above where DJM is going out and Capela is going out, you are essentially surrounding OO and Hunter with Trae, Bogi, and KAT.  If you trade Hunter and have a line up with Trae, Bogi, Saddiq, and KAT, dear lord that's a bad defensive unit.  

That's a group that can flat out shoot though.

Landry preaches “Hawks DNA”.  What about KAT equates to Hawks DNA?

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

Why are we helping Toronto and Dallas, again?  Toronto just lost their starting PG.  They have a much more glaring hole than we do.  We should be in a negotiating position of strength.  I’d rather watch Mark Cuban continue to be disappointed.  Capela would be a great fit for them. 

You could similarly take the view that Atlanta just lost its starting power forward, and thus has a hole to fill.

From Toronto's perspective, they may be willing to turn the keys over to Barnes.  I find that unlikely, even with Siakam as an additional secondary ballhandler, but who knows, they could finally move to a starting lineup of guys all 6'7" and taller.

7 minutes ago, Packfill said:

You could similarly take the view that Atlanta just lost its starting power forward, and thus has a hole to fill.

From Toronto's perspective, they may be willing to turn the keys over to Barnes.  I find that unlikely, even with Siakam as an additional secondary ballhandler, but who knows, they could finally move to a starting lineup of guys all 6'7" and taller.

We didn’t bid to try and retain our player.  We gave him away.

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

I reviewed what he says is being talked about....he's high.

Unless we're getting back draft compensation, this is crazy.  Basically he's saying DJM+Hunter+OO+15 = Siakam+filler.  That's not good value. That's not even remotely good value.  Higher than a Chinese weather balloon.  There are talks ongoing but we ain't going out like that.  They need the salary dump in Siakam, you usually get a little better deal in a situation like that. It looks like to me he just kept adding players in till the salaries matched......because reasons!

If that is the trade, start the conspiracy chatter.  

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

From what I am hearing we should emphasis SHOULD have a trade announced over the next few days that hasn't been announced/leaked already. 

Dang. Beat me to it Soth. Enjoy the 4th. 

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Sothron said:

They do. People who hate KAT on this board never actually watch him play. Minnesota has finished well in defense the last two seasons with KAT playing a big role in that. He and OO would be a great duo together.

Not as good as Siakam and OO. More 💜 Kitty lacks that.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I reviewed what he says is being talked about....he's high.

Unless we're getting back draft compensation, this is crazy.  Basically he's saying DJM+Hunter+OO+15 = Siakam+filler.  That's not good value. That's not even remotely good value.  Higher than a Chinese weather balloon.  There are talks ongoing but we ain't going out like that.  They need the salary dump in Siakam, you usually get a little better deal in a situation like that. It looks like to me he just kept adding players in till the salaries matched......because reasons!

The way I see it, Toronto is not going to pay Siakim the Supermax.   No player is worth 52 Million dollars. Especially if he's not good enough to get you into the playoffs.   Therefore, there is some pressure on Toronto to get things done.

Also..  Boston looks to be having cold feet about giving JB the supermax. 

And teams are still trying to shed salary.

It's quite a pickle. 

DILL PICKLE SHOTS   WonkyWonderful

1 minute ago, theheroatl said:

Ok spill it my guy

There are easter eggs all over the site. 

Easter egg hunts across Denver and Colorado in 2023: See the list |  9news.com

• Like 1
  • Haha 2