• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

John Collins Traded - Fare thee well!

JayBirdHawk

17 minutes ago, Phunkabilly said:

False.  They didn't get rid of either one... both those players left of their own volition when they hit free agency.  When those two left, the Braves turned right around and spent that freed up money by trading for Matt Olsen and Sean Murphy and locking them up to long term deals.  And both Riley and Acuna are also locked up to long term deals on team friendly contracts, so neither will be leaving anytime soon.  The Braves have one of the best front offices in all of sports.

They don't believe in massive contracts but I bet they will offer Ohtani who's an elite pitcher and hitter all in one. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Phunkabilly said:

False.  They didn't get rid of either one... both those players left of their own volition when they hit free agency.  When those two left, the Braves turned right around and spent that freed up money by trading for Matt Olsen and Sean Murphy and locking them up to long term deals.  And both Riley and Acuna are also locked up to long term deals on team friendly contracts, so neither will be leaving anytime soon.  The Braves have one of the best front offices in all of sports.

I’m glad you responded to his comment so soberly lol.  His post was mind blowing on multiple levels.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They don't believe in massive contracts but I bet they will offer Ohtani who's an elite pitcher and hitter all in one. 

Man, I hope you're right!  I would LOVE seeing the Braves have the two best players in baseball!

29 minutes ago, Phunkabilly said:

They paid less money for Olsen.  He has power, but he hits .230-.250 vs .300.  Swanson got market value, and the Braves went cheap, promising the greatness of Grissom.  We all know how that turned out.  Never understood the Murphy hiring. D'Arnaud is nearly as good, and a lot cheaper.

19 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I’m glad you responded to his comment so soberly lol.  His post was mind blowing on multiple levels.

Replacing a shortstop with a catcher we didn't need makes sense to you?  Replacing said shortstop with minor league underachievers?  Glad you considered my response mind blowing.

14 minutes ago, Phunkabilly said:

Man, I hope you're right!  I would LOVE seeing the Braves have the two best players in baseball!

Ohtani is obviously the unquestioned GOAT but I don’t think Alex would touch him for his asking price.  That’s more of the Mets’ spending style who are only 15 games back.  The insane value he’s getting out of guys like Elder and Arcia is what makes AA the best.  

I don’t mean to derail the thread.  I gotta talk about John?  Okay.  

Been indifferent towards him since he was forced off the ‘roids.  His play above the rim became noticeably lower to me affecting his game negatively in tangible ways.  I do appreciate the great team defensive strides he made with the help Clint and Nate.  Solid, likable dude.  I’m not sure how/ where he fits with Markannen and Kessler but I’m in no position to question Danny Ainge’s plans.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

Heads already rolled. Schlenk is gone. Lol. 

Wasn't Soth saying that it was Ressler that vetoed the past JC trades, though?  If that Lauri trade was legit, I don't think anybody's head would roll if it was the boss man himself making the call.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JustSomeGuy said:

@Diesel can that also not be attributed to JJ playing in his first postseason compared to JC? 

And I recall outside of that game 5, JC was a complete non-factor this postseason so it’s not like the bar for JJ was that high. Nonetheless he had more moments this postseason than JC 

JJ is not a good shooter or scorer.  He's a decent rebounder and a good passer.  It's a trade off

• Like 1