• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Latest RUNG of Disrespect!!!

Diesel

• Moderators
Just now, Diesel said:

image.png

This is the biggest disrespect.  Trae has been #1 or #2 in assists for multiple years running and didn't even get a vote.  

At least for team success, Atlanta finished behind all those teams last year and on paper is worse since we lost JC and added not a lot in terms of personnel.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

This is the biggest disrespect.  Trae has been #1 or #2 in assists for multiple years running and didn't even get a vote.  

At least for team success, Atlanta finished behind all those teams last year and on paper is worse since we lost JC and added not a lot in terms of personnel.

Disrespect GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Thanks 1

Most don't even have Trae in the top 20 players anymore so he can't be overrated.  

If we get a top 4 seed, 50+ wins and a decent showing in the playoffs he will move back up.  

Not being considered for a top passer though is the only disrespect.  He's a top 3 passer in the NBA.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I think sometimes, people sensationalize unexpected and make that be a strong consideration for Best.

Trae has led the league in total assists for the last 2 years. 

His passes are great. 

Just because an unconventional guy can get assists doesn't make them a better passer than a guy who does this... 

By the numbers, Trae is better than Jokic, Luka and Lebron.  By the wizardtry, he's better. 

These guys are just unconventional... that doesn't mean that they are the best. 

• Like 1

Nique was a showstopper and a walking highlight and even his greatness was disrespected during his playing career. I don’t want to spend the next 10+ years miserable because “experts” keep getting it wrong.

All we can do as fans is continue to show up for Trae and the Hawks. The haters and detractors will always be there. No need to let them steal our joy as Hawks nation!

• Like 3

WHY?  Why can't we Hawk fans have good things like other NBA teams?

Example:  Hawks signed one of the top coaches in the NBA.  Betcha he's not a top coach now.  Why?  He's a Hawk.

No Hawk player is a top player.  No Hawk player is a bottom player.

We're not good or bad.  We just are!

:ahf:

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

WHY?  Why can't we Hawk fans have good things like other NBA teams?

Example:  Hawks signed one of the top coaches in the NBA.  Betcha he's not a top coach now.  Why?  He's a Hawk.

No Hawk player is a top player.  No Hawk player is a bottom player.

We're not good or bad.  We just are!

:ahf:

Sad how the media stays a cas.. even decades later.. new team new narrative. I’ve never listened to the outside noise just kept lovin the Hawks. No amount of evil (the media) can break you if your heart 💜 is true.

3 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

No Hawk player is a top player. 

Trae is the assist king 👑. Numbers don’t lie. Check that out MEDIA!!!

• Like 1

• Moderators
17 hours ago, Packfill said:

If the Hawks win perspectives will change.  Players, coaches, front office staff and fans all respect winning.  

I am fine with Trae and the Hawks needing to earn that respect by winning.  The rest is noise.  

Miller's ranking had nothing to do with his perception on the Hawks.  He just completely didn't think about them.  I can see no possible explanation for him ranking a team like Orlando over the Hawks if he put in any real time thinking that through.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, AHF said:

Miller's ranking had nothing to do with his perception on the Hawks.  He just completely didn't think about them.  I can see no possible explanation for him ranking a team like Orlando over the Hawks if he put in any real time thinking that through.

I do not disagree with that.  I was responding to the "disrespect" perception more globally.  That said, there is no doubt that teams that stuck in mediocrity tend to get overlooked in favor of teams that are perceived to be on the rise.  Orlando is one of the teams that a lot of people believe is "on the rise".  They still seem like they are a year away to me, and that is only if they can find a guard that shoot.  I do not know what they were thinking with the Jett Howard pick in the draft.  

• Like 1