• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Final Pre-Season Game 5: On the Road Again at Philly, 7:00PM

JayBirdHawk

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Trae shooting horribly, and dominating the game at the same time with his passing.

Superstars always find a way to impact the game and Trae is just that. He’s made of a different cloth. 👍 yes sir yes sir.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I like the fact that the ball doesn't stick.   The Pace is everything.  We have been converted to a dangerous running team.   We get out on the break.  We have hands in the lane.   We capitalize off of steals and blocks.   We even ran off of a few missed shots and caught all of Philadelphia off guard.  The Eagles were surprised too. 

Our perimeter defense has to get better.  Our defensive recognition has to get better but that comes with playing.  Trae, DJ, and AJ has to get their shots falling consistently.   Even if Consistently is 37%.. so be it.  I don't know if it's because they are not getting their spots or something else but if you don't have a good shot, pass it.   Elsewise... we're coming. 

• Like 1

After watching last season's snore fest of Nate unleashing either Trae or Murray to improvise each trip down the court, it's gonna be a lot more fun to watch a dynamic scheme.  Even the defense is active and engaging.  There is effort and plans to create opportunities on both sides of the ball.

I think there will be some seasoning and experimentation before things click better.  There were some ugly fast break moments, Trae running into Capela comes to mind, but Embiid is such a threat to block shots and his presence caused a number of poor decisions at the rim.  Bogi jumps in the air and couldn't shoot or pass. 

Even though everything looks and feels better we still have a few of the same issues.  We might not be a top 20 shooting team.  Defense is questionable.  Those two factors are not a recipe for a top 4 seed.  With an early heavy road schedule I think the .500 Hawks would be a good sign, but I think the games will be a lot of fun to watch this year.  

• Like 4

• Premium Member

One of my concerns is DJ being able to find his points.   Like I said, DJ, Trae, and AJ has to improve their shooting.   I was speaking from distance; however, DJ and AJ has to find their range... even if it's from the midrange.   The more efficient our offense,  the more we will win. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thecampster said:

To be fair though.....Philly kept their starters and 2nd unit in all game. Our 1st/2nd beat their 1st/2nd the first half.  They didn't make head way until we pitted our 2nd vs their 1st and our 3rd/4th vs their 2nd. 

Agreed.  Weird I read a PHI headline saying stte "Maxey and Melton shine in a win over ATL".

I'm like, eh that's not quite how it went. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
20 hours ago, NekiEcko said:

Yeah, Kobe does need some time to go down to College Park and get alittle bit better.

Agreed. 

He should go to CP to enhance his PG skills. From what I've seen, he's not ready to contribute as a backup PG with the big club. If he's playing with the Big Club, let him play SG with limited PG duties until he gets more comfortable. Have him just play to his strengths which currently is SG.